Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

43 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The bottom line is when you get a player of the caliber of Jack, and you are trading him 5 years later, that’s a serious failure of a franchise. Something went really wrong. 

No doubt. The failure is owned by both sides here, though. The franchise probably deserves more of the blame.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is so 2018.

Rookie GM coming off a disastrous season.

1st overall pick looming with a defenceman topping the charts.

Franchise hyping its youth.

Star centre locked up to a long-term contract expressing dissatisfaction at locker cleanout.

Media frenzy feeding the hype machine about a looming trade.

Sabrefans unanimous in thinking the centre is very good and has to bring us back a haul.

Other teams fans cutting down the Sabre centre, offering up packages of spare parts and picks 

Sabre fans slowly moving from “this guy is a stud and a core piece, we need to keep him” to “he’s the problem, locker room cancer poisoning the environment, we need to change the culture.”

Media whispers that the market just isn’t there.

This weird sense that the Sabres are working to a deadline, even though one doesn’t actually exist.

Deja ***** vu.

Can’t wait to see the bucket of trash we open in July and try to fool ourselves is better than Jack Eichel.

Is this really a surprise?  Adams is a joke and he is just the latest POS dump on us from the Pegulas.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is this really a surprise?  Adams is a joke and he is just the latest POS dump on us from the Pegulas.  

That chances of us getting fleeced are pretty high. Impossible to win this trade but you can try and break even Like the Turgeon/Lafontaine trade.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah not sure KA is any different than all the other Pegulaville hires. And he’ll turn this franchise around how ? By once again starting over ? We’re stuck in a groundhog day.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Can’t wait to see the bucket of trash we open in July and try to fool ourselves is better than Jack Eichel.

No one should think this.  Everyone on this board should be more aware.

Looks like Lance Lysowski of the BN reads SabeSpace.   He literally fleeced all the Eichel trade threads for his article today. @dudacekshould have rights to that article. 

If only Kim and Terry would read Sabrespace too.  

Wasn’t the Sabres sole reason for existence to win Stanley Cups?   Ten years and 4 last place finishes later they are on their 3rd rookie GM, hiring possibly their 8th HC, Kim is the 4th President, and now we are looking at trading our best player.   They have other players  lined up to leave and they still cannot find 2 NHL Caliber goalies for the roster - I doubt they see this as a problem.  They have one of the smallest and least experienced FO’s in the NHL. Filled with yes men and women.   

Never mind team records for futility, they have led this once proud franchise to historic losing streaks and a historic playoff drought.  The Pegula’s claim they Sabres are “Effective, Efficient, and Economic” but I don’t see any of these things.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

No one should think this.  Everyone on this board should be more aware.

Not sure I understand what you are saying.

That we aren't going to get a bucket of trash?

That we are going to recognizes the bucket of trash for what it is?

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Let the auction begin.  Beniers getting drafted No. 1 now appears more likely and that is fine by me.  

Now management needs to convince Sam to stay.  

Unfortunately, if Jack gets traded and Beniers drafted #1 overall think if the pressure on the kid.  

If he really projects as a Bergeron type player I will be thrilled.  Of course that can only happen with proper development, a real NHL coach, and a supporting cast. 

So after gutting everything, and stripping the team of every player that ever cared about wearing the jersey, we are rebuilding the rebuild.  

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Let the auction begin.  Beniers getting drafted No. 1 now appears more likely and that is fine by me.  

Why do you believe that Beniers is going to be the first pick? My money is on Power being our first pick. 

With respect to Sam he is as determined if not more determined to find a change of scenery than Jack. There are those who are highly critical of Jack for expressing his frustration with the organization. The reality is that Sam has more clearly expressed his fatigue with being in his current situation. It's just as likely if not more that he will be dealt.

I'm thinking KA/Karmonos get grilled no matter the trade. People on here have judged them before a trial so to speak. Their judgment may end up being correct but this bashing is really premature. Now ownership? There we have evidence.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm thinking KA/Karmonos get grilled no matter the trade. People on here have judged them before a trial so to speak. Their judgment may end up being correct but this bashing is really premature. Now ownership? There we have evidence.

I think KA will probably get a pass on the trade.  He inherited a dumpster fire of a team, then was ordered to “restructure “ (fire everyone) to help Kim maintain the family lifestyle.  He is quite possibly the most overworked GM in the league.  He must have begged for the hire of Karmonos to come in and help.  

Let’s not forget he reached out to Jack last year and the outcome of that was bring in more veterans. Ok, he brought in Stahl, Hall, etc.  They veterans did nothing more than collect a paycheck and the coach he inherited was over his head.  

If anyone gets a pass it’s KA.  That said, 2021-22 is on him. 

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I think KA will probably get a pass on the trade.  He inherited a dumpster fire of a team, then was ordered to “restructure “ (fire everyone) to help Kim maintain the family lifestyle.  He is quite possibly the most overworked GM in the league.  He must have begged for the hire of Karmonos to come in and help.  

Let’s not forget he reached out to Jack last year and the outcome of that was bring in more veterans. Ok, he brought in Stahl, Hall, etc.  They veterans did nothing more than collect a paycheck and the coach he inherited was over his head.  

The ***** he will. If you are going to trade one of the top 10 centers in the league, you don't get a pass on it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree. The personal bashing that he's stupid ect. Is wrong. I know we're keyboard experts but let's wait before the hanging. At tis point he could make a good trade and for some it wouldn't matter.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I dont see why that means Beniers gets drafted over Power, assuming they have Power ranked higher

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

This is so 2018.

Star centre locked up to a long-term contract expressing dissatisfaction at locker cleanout.

Sabrefans unanimous in thinking the centre is very good and has to bring us back a haul.

Other teams fans cutting down the Sabre centre, offering up packages of spare parts and picks 

Sabre fans slowly moving from “this guy is a stud and a core piece, we need to keep him” to “he’s the problem, locker room cancer poisoning the environment, we need to change the culture.”

This weird sense that the Sabres are working to a deadline, even though one doesn’t actually exist.

Deja ***** vu.

great point. There is no deadline. you wait until you get proper value. If he isnt 100% and wont / cant play, he goes on LTIR. 

If he Pulls a PLD, then he goes to the pressbox.  

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The ***** he will. If you are going to trade one of the top 10 centers in the league, you don't get a pass on it. 

Really?   And you think KA came into the job wanting to trade him?   I think he tried to make him happy, acquire veterans (Jack’s input), and keep the coach that Jack liked (RK).  

Jack wanted out when Botterill and his staff were purged, probably sooner.  

The chances of “winning” a trade like this are low.  Everyone knows this.  

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Pimlach said:

Really?   And you think KA came into the job wanting to trade him?   I think he tried to make him happy acquire veterans (Jack’s input), and keep the coach that Jack liked (RK).  

how about getting fair value? don't need to win it, just dont lose it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Really?   And you think KA came into the job wanting to trade him?   I think he tried to make him happy acquire veterans (Jack’s input), and keep the coach that Jack liked (RK).  

I have no idea what the first sentence has to do with anything. 

28 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I dont see why that means Beniers gets drafted over Power, assuming they have Power ranked higher

If Power is ranked above Beniers, your scouting department values size over hockey ability. 

10 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The bottom line is when you get a player of the caliber of Jack, and you are trading him 5 years later, that’s a serious failure of a franchise. Something went really wrong. 

Good view of the Forest, here

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I have no idea what the first sentence has to do with anything. 

I am saying KA is forced into trading Jack do to numerous bad decisions by his predecessors.  Why would you trade your best player under these circumstances?   The uncertainty of the injury and the big contract will work against KA.  You must admit, he is in a very tough situation.  

As another poster just mention, if he can even get close to fair value he will have done good.   

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

This is so 2018.

Deja ***** vu.

GIF by Identity