Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Slight digression, but did anyone else catch the implication that we could be sending one of Jack and Sam to LA and the other to Anaheim?  I would find that royally amusing.  Pun intended.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Slight digression, but did anyone else catch the implication that we could be sending one of Jack and Sam to LA and the other to Anaheim?  I would find that royally amusing.  Pun intended.

And which one takes on the nickname of "Buffalo West"?

46 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No, not even a little bit. You’re giving up the two best assets in the trade.

Do you think very highly of Rakell? That may be why you’re feeling the value in your deal is right but I’d implore you to look at his age and production.

The #1 pick definitely does not have more value than Zegras for me.   Comtois also has a lot of value 

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's Zegras, Comtois and Rakell for Eichel and a small sweetener — that's all 1 for 3 is.

It's definitely a ballpark offer and probably more than Duck fans will want to give. I don't people think people realize Comtois' value?

Agree Comtois is good young big and mean.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

The #1 pick definitely does not have more value than Zegras for me.   Comtois also has a lot of value 

This is true but it’s the third best asset in the deal. I got a little ahead of myself there. Still doesn’t fix the deal.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Where you get this from? That wasn’t my reading 

My mind? lol

Just messing around. I'm sure both sides are committed at this point, to a deal

Edited by Thorny

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya like he's got 1 year left on his deal, and he's "at that age", 28, he'll be 29 when we are supposed to re-sign him? Disaster waiting to happen. If that's the BEST current asset we are getting for a guy 21 games removed from an 8th overall MVP finish in the NHL, I pass

Comtois and Zegras are both better “now” pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't think this is the case with Zegras. Comtois sure there's an argument 

Why do you think that’s not true?  He was good when he played in the NHL (as good as Rakell it seems if not better) and should just keep getting better.  I concede that it’s probably close between all three of them, but I’d bet on the two players on an upward trajectory rather than the player on a downward one.

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you think that’s not true?  He was good when he played in the NHL (as good as Rakell it seems if not better) and should just keep getting better.  I concede that it’s probably close between all three of them, but I’d bet on the two players on an upward trajectory rather than the player on a downward one.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of Zegras? He's only played 24 games, it's such a small sample size - not enough for me to claim him better right now than Rakell. To your point, if he takes a jump, it could be possible. I'm not counting on a guy who played 24 games total for much of a role, though. I was kinda seeing Cozens in the 3 spot more less if we had Eichel and Casey both here, envisioned Zegras around the same 

Edited by Thorny

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe I haven't seen enough of Zegras? He's only played 24 games, it's such a small sample size - not enough for me to claim him better right now than Rakell. To your point, if he takes a jump, it could be possible. I'm not counting on a guy who played 24 games total for much of a role, though. 

I only saw him a couple games but he looked pretty good and he produced.  I get that his NHL sample size is small, but he has been highly touted for years, has done great at international tournaments, did really well in college, did really well in the AHL, then jumped to the NHL and did well.  He hasn’t needed much adjustment time.

I guess I’m just sold on the kid.

Edited by Curt