Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Weave said:

What assets did Vegas have after their draft?

I don't understand what your point is. From a Buffalo standpoint dangling Jack to Seattle makes no sense because they don't have enough assets before or after the draft. Vegas then, and even now, doesn't have enough assets to make an acceptable offer for Jack compared to other franchises vying for his services. Vegas had magnificently managed their expansion draft. (Stating the obvious.) But that doesn't mean that they could keep then be in a position to match the prospective offers of other franchises.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I don't understand what your point is. From a Buffalo standpoint dangling Jack to Seattle makes no sense because they don't have enough assets before or after the draft. Vegas then, and even now, doesn't have enough assets to make an acceptable offer for Jack compared to other franchises vying for his services. Vegas had magnificently managed their expansion draft. (Stating the obvious.) But that doesn't mean that they could keep then be in a position to match the prospective offers of other franchises.

So, you don’t see a package that could be made from the roster that went to the finals last year and is a presumptive favorite again this year?  A proven high level playoff performing roster just doesn’t have the pieces to be a value for Jack Eichel.  

I think its more likely that Vegas wouldn’t want to screw up a team full of playoff gamers to get a flashy guy that hasn’t shown himself to be a gamer yet.

Lets see what Seattle ends up with before saying there is nothing there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Other than high draft choices I don't know what they would have to offer to compete with other trading contenders. 

This is how I feel generally but I also would note to just look as Vegas before we rule out Seattle.

32 minutes ago, Weave said:

So, you don’t see a package that could be made from the roster that went to the finals last year and is a presumptive favorite again this year?  A proven high level playoff performing roster just doesn’t have the pieces to be a value for Jack Eichel.  

I think its more likely that Vegas wouldn’t want to screw up a team full of playoff gamers to get a flashy guy that hasn’t shown himself to be a gamer yet.

Vegas acquired MAF, Tuch, Theodore, Karlsson, Nate Schmidt, Reilly Smith, Marchessault, Two First Round Picks in 2017 they used to draft Nick Suzuki and Erik Brannstrom. 

There is the possibility of some good assets to be had in a trade.

27 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is how I feel generally but I also would note to just look as Vegas before we rule out Seattle.

Tuch, Krebs, Glass and Two Firsts peak My Interest.

They would need a cap dump, so the Sabres could hold money on any player with a NTC that doesn’t want to play in Buffalo, but needs to be moved.

EDIT I Completely misread Your Post 

Edited by Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Vegas acquired MAF, Tuch, Theodore, Karlsson, Nate Schmidt, Reilly Smith, Marchessault, Two First Round Picks in 2017 they used to draft Nick Suzuki and Erik Brannstrom. 

There is the possibility of some good assets to be had in a trade.

Tuch, Krebs, Glass and Two Firsts peak My Interest.

They would need a cap dump, so the Sabres could hold money on any player with a NTC that doesn’t want to play in Buffalo, but needs to be moved.

EDIT I Completely misread Your Post 

😂 But also that Vegas deal is a little intriguing

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, freester said:

According to article in Athletic by Rick Carpinello yesterday, Rangers not interested in Eichel trade.

This is sliding under the radar a little.

Coupled with Hovan's bit about the Kings and Eichel, and Friedman's news to expect another top 10 pick for the Sabres (which could still be Reinhart), it makes me wonder if we are down to the serious players in Adams' trade talks.

If we take ^^^ at face value, are we looking at the Ducks, Flames and Wild as the leading contenders?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Coupled with Hovan's bit about the Kings and Eichel, and Friedman's news to expect another top 10 pick for the Sabres (which could still be Reinhart), it makes me wonder if we are down to the serious players in Adams' trade talks.

If we take ^^^ at face value, are we looking at the Ducks, Flames and Wild as the leading contenders?

It could also mean that no one is interested in the $50MM Eichel injury risk until he demonstrates on the ice that he's all the way back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I say this with respect but on this issue my thinking is not aligned with what you are thinking. And regarding the highlighted segment why would a team that has been stupendously successful in their short history as multiple cup contenders uproot much of their team to pursue a player who is injured and who has not accomplished much from a team standpoint? 

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There is a good chance that if the possible trade partners get winnowed down because of the inadequate offers that the Sabres hold on to Eichel. Our GM doesn't need to panic and take whatever he can get. I'm aware that Jack has a trade approval clause in his contract next year but so what. Either we get value for him in a trade or keep him. Keeping Jack as a fallback position is not a bad position to be in.  

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is a good chance that if the possible trade partners get winnowed down because of the inadequate offers that the Sabres hold on to Eichel. Our GM doesn't need to panic and take whatever he can get. I'm aware that Jack has a trade approval clause in his contract next year but so what. Either we get value for him in a trade or keep him. Keeping Jack as a fallback position is not a bad position to be in.  

I agree with you, but the build-up is getting draining to the point where I’m ready for the band aid to be ripped off, if we are moving him. 

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would say that either the list of teams that are serious about Eichel is being solidified, and the few contenders are getting ready to put forward their best offers, or a couple of these teams are giving a little false info to their “insiders” to see if Adams will drop his asking price a little.  Honestly it could be both though.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree with you, but the build-up is getting draining to the point where I’m ready for the band aid to be ripped off, if we are moving him. 

As fans being exhausted with what might happen is understandable. But for the GM he needs to be cold blooded and calculating. There is simply too much at stake when it comes to Jack either being traded or kept. 

The one post that really struck a chord with me is the Jack highlight clip in which you posted. Sometimes when a player is out of sight for nearly a season we forget how talented he is. He is a special talent. That is too much of an asset to be forced to do something that you are not fully comfortable with. My point is keeping him is an option, a very good option.  

Just now, JohnC said:

As fans being exhausted with what might happen is understandable. But for the GM he needs to be cold blooded and calculating. There is simply too much at stake when it comes to Jack either being traded or kept. 

The one post that really struck a chord with me is the Jack highlight clip in which you posted. Sometimes when a player is out of sight for nearly a season we forget how talented he is. He is a special talent. That is too much of an asset to be forced to do something that you are not fully comfortable with. My point is keeping him is an option, a very good option.  

It's true, and not losing sight of it is a big part of what makes reading all these proposals a grind after a while 

I don't want to move him but if we are going to do it I want to get the actual deal over with, not really a comment on what Adams SHOULD do 

"Getting an extra top 10 pick" is like our Stanley Cup lol 

28 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This deal is very unlikely to happen before mid-July so we might all need a little more patience

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

It could also mean that no one is interested in the $50MM Eichel injury risk until he demonstrates on the ice that he's all the way back.

This seems highly inconsistent with the other info that’s out there.

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I did post with the caveat of making the cap work.

I realize your point is in vogue right now with the Leafs and the Oilers falling by the wayside, but Mark Stone and Nikita Kucherov each make $9.5 million. You  don't see Vegas balking when Pacioretty, Stone and Pietrangelo come on the market.

Nearly every team that wins a Stanley Cup does so because of elite players, and elite players cost a lot of money. Jack is an elite player.

Smart organizations find ways to add elite players, not reasons not to.

...and stupid owners/organizations hand out terrible contracts to one trick pony wingers. 👎

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It's true, and not losing sight of it is a big part of what makes reading all these proposals a grind after a while 

I don't want to move him but if we are going to do it I want to get the actual deal over with, not really a comment on what Adams SHOULD do 

"Getting an extra top 10 pick" is like our Stanley Cup lol 

If there is a Jack trade I think it is going to take time to construct. The trade deal that I am more attentive to right now is a Samson trade. Because it is going to be less complicated I anticipate it happening before an Eichel deal, if that materializes. That is the transaction that I will be watching for. 

As exhausting as these potential trades are this has been an interesting and intriguing offseason. Who would have thought that being at the bottom of the heap can make your team the most followed team in the offseason? 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

One of my biggest worries is that KA will move Eichel and retain 50% salary.

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

One of my biggest worries is that KA will move Eichel and retain 50% salary.

Yeah, I just can’t see that happening, why in the world would he do that?

If it was 1-2 years then maybe, but 5 years?  No one retains salary for 5 years.

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If there is a Jack trade I think it is going to take time to construct. The trade deal that I am more attentive to right now is a Samson trade. Because it is going to be less complicated I anticipate it happening before an Eichel deal, if that materializes. That is the transaction that I will be watching for. 

As exhausting as these potential trades are this has been an interesting and intriguing offseason. Who would have thought that being at the bottom of the heap can make your team the most followed team in the offseason? 

I'm kinda over it. It's lost its sheen. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1