Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

His Untouchables list Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller,Lundkvist, schneider

Block his number 

Yup. It's 24 year old Jack Eichel. Lundkvist being untouchable in that trade is bonkers. If I was Adams I'd tell Drury flat out his Eichel offer isn't serious and is insulting. Then I'd ignore his calls for a week or two. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Coaches choose to do this, I've seen ovechkin, Crosby, draisaitl, McDavid do it countless times. Do you have evidence he does this against coaches wishes, and that he will demand ice time? He is going to be shoveled ice time by whoever his coach is 

My inference from how his whole line will change except for him when the second line is perfectly capable, and if he does get off he shows every tantrum expression he can.

Coaches may be picking their battles with the ego players too. Eichel got how many coaches fired himself?

Just now, triumph_communes said:

My inference from how his whole line will change except for him when the second line is perfectly capable, and if he does get off he shows every tantrum expression he can.

Coaches may be picking their battles with the ego players too. Eichel got how many coaches fired himself?

Zero, unless you have proof. And the veterans choosing eichel to bring their coach concerns to GMTM is not Jack nefariously scheming to get coaches fired himself 

You are fabricating  narratives with no evidence, don't be shocked when nobody takes you seriously 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Zero, unless you have proof. And the veterans choosing eichel to bring their coach concerns to GMTM is not Jack nefariously scheming to get coaches fired himself 

You are fabricating  narratives with no evidence, don't be shocked when nobody takes you seriously 

Like everybody on the message board?  Is nobody allowed to speculate or play devils advocate?

Anytime real dirty stories that are sourced with evidence are shared they get moderated away anyway. 

Edited by triumph_communes

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's not how this works, It's not an auction. At this point the Rangers list of untouchables is every player under 22. 

Rangers aren't serious about Eichel if Brandon Schnieder is on the can't have list. Drury comes off as an unrealistic cheapskate

Its pretty much how trades work, An offer is made and if other teams are interested, they will try to one up that offer. KA, rightfully so, Is going to take Drury's initial offer and untouchables list and tell him no thanks. If Drury is seriously interested he will then have to up his offer or say he's out.

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have never seen this either.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Its pretty much how trades work, An offer is made and if other teams are interested, they will try to one up that offer. KA, rightfully so, Is going to take Drury's initial offer and untouchables list and tell him no thanks. If Drury is seriously interested he will then have to up his offer or say he's out.

He's clearly out because for a month all that's happened is NYR untouchable list has grown. The other side is Adams telling Drury he's out because his offer sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He's clearly out because for a month all that's happened is NYR untouchable list has grown. The other side is Adams telling Drury he's out because his offer sucks. 

And Jack is also still here. His offer might suck to us, but it doesn't mean nothing can change. Its playing hard ball and calling bluffs

30 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Or Chris Drury is savvy and is doing a favor to other GMs by lowballing left and right. It’s a cut throat game. 

Why would he do a favor to other GMs in a cut throat game?  That makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

They had better be.  Their daughter is playing.

Having said that, it's not like he doesn't have the money to fly back and forth.

That's a lot of time, flying back and forth, and he's no spring chicken.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Why would he do a favor to other GMs in a cut throat game?  That makes no sense.

That’s what politicians/business leaders do. They build personal capital in addition to tangible capital to use it when they can. And it’s cut throat and only goes so far, true. But you can only burn someone once and they better be out of position of any power in the league when you do so. 

i don’t expect message board junkies to understand these concepts though/ who championed Murray who couldn’t have been a worse GM that ruined all political capital the Sabres ever had in the league. 

Edited by triumph_communes

If Montreal is offering Suzuki in a deal then I am listening big time.  Suzuki and Kok or Caufield as good a base as any other offer BUT Suzuki has to be included. Someone who is named the same as SJ's recent 1st round pick mentioned as much not that that means anything but there seems to be a lot of smoke around the Habs with Weber and his salary gone.  But moving Jack in division means it has to hurt that team more as far as assets coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Agree with this.  This isn't a Reino/Risto situation where he will be a UFA in a year, nor is it a desperate situation to get him off the team (at least it isn't unless Terry interferes).  He should hold tight.  If it's Jack who wants out, the NMC has less effect:  Okay Jack, you don't want to get traded to Arizona?  Fine, we'll just keep you.

Okay I get the point from a negotiating standpoint, but how are you going to have a healthy locker room for these young kids to grow in and develop the right attitude if Captain boy just wants out and sulks and mopes and gives half assed efforts wanting out? You'll just teach the next generation it don't matter what they do they just have to cash their cheques, serve their draft sentence and then go on to a team they like one day. Skinner's already an issue imo. Jack and him sitting there with their fat paydays would be toxic. 

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They would also be flying for nothing because they can't attend the games.

There were many articles written about athletes being unhappy because for the woman, they couldn't bring their infants with them to take care of them, theres also an athlete in the parolympics after the Olympics who dropped out of the games because her mother couldn't attend and she is blind and partially deaf (IIRC) and would have no one around to help her get through Tokyo.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

and billionaires.  Billionaires can do whatever the hell they want.

Well not everything, some can't build competitive hockey teams......

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Like everybody on the message board?  Is nobody allowed to speculate or play devils advocate?

Anytime real dirty stories that are sourced with evidence are shared they get moderated away anyway. 

I get that there is a lot of gray area in discussions, but you essentially crafted a scenario and then gave reasonable conjecture that could make sense and explain it, but none of it was grounded in anything. It's not convincing, even though it tries to be, and I won't believe negative assertions of a player's character without real grounding

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I get that there is a lot of gray area in discussions, but you essentially crafted a scenario and then gave reasonable conjecture that could make sense and explain it, but none of it was grounded in anything. It's not convincing, even though it tries to be, and I won't believe negative assertions of a player's character without real grounding

It holds just as much value as the nonsense ‘advanced stats’ thrown around here all day. 

28 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I have never seen this either.

I don't *believe* it but it's the only story I've ever heard here that can be shaped as evidence of what he was talking about. I have no idea where it came from or if it's true but I've seen it discussed over the years 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

It holds just as much value as the nonsense ‘advanced stats’ thrown around here all day. 

This is a bad comparison though. You may take stats as useless, but they serve a different role in a different discussion compared to "I'm going to make something up about eichel because he rubs me the wrong way"