Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Thanks.  I was thinking of Hakstol on the Flyers, who didn't last.  I also realized that Quinn was hired in the same offseason as Jim Montgomery, an NCAA coach who was hired by Dallas and also didn't last. 

Not a great showing so far

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Surprisingly Petere asked Friedman about Boudreau’s Comments yesterday, EF mentioned that he had not heard them but knows BB wants back in to coaching. Dream Job Toronto, Born and played their, would love Buffalo as well, grew up in St Catherines. 

The only thing I trust is for the Pegulas to make the wrong decision. 

He's *right there*

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

By now we'd probably be hating on Lindy, unfortunately.  The Devils are hardly world beaters.

But Dahlin and probably Jokiharu would look like NHLers.  Eichel, Hall, Oloffson, Skinner, and Staal would probably have joined Reinhart and Cozens at being productive.  They would be playing a system in a manner that would not remind me of a 1995-era video game.  We would not be hating on Lindy like this.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What's the franchise record for loses?

In the regular season?  14 in a row; 2014-2015.

All-time NHL record is 18; that was Pittsburgh in 2003-2004.

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Obviously Ralph is not getting canned.  This is a culturally bankrupt and terminally broken hockey team. There are 3 competent veteran coaches available but I hold no hope. 

I've been cheering for the opposition for quite a while now; that definitely helps.

Now I'm looking to see the loss streak become a new record. 

Something we can all be proud of achieving.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I hate to say it, but a college coach would be consistent with TP's reported wariness about hiring from the old-boy NHL network.  And waiting for the NCAA season to end would explain why RK hasn't been canned yet.  And it would be consistent with Paul Hamilton's recent theorizing, which might be based on sourced info.

Does anyone know of an NCAA coach being hired as an NHL HC and succeeding?  I think one was hired within the past 3 or 4 years but it didn't go well, but I don't recall the specifics and could be completely mistaken.

I suppose it could work, but I'd much rather hire Boudreau.

It used to be extremely uncommon. It’s happened a couple times in the last few years though. Philly’s coach came from college. I think there’s one other one. However, people who pontificate about such things seem to be more open to the idea.

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The ONLY way a guy like Leaman makes sense is if they decide to burn the entire thing to the ground and start from scratch.  Leaman could build a program like college and guide the young kids.

This I actually agree with.  That’s the only way that it makes sense.

If they are going to trade away some big guys and “rebuild” then it’s reasonable to try out an unproven coach like Leaman, and maybe he’ll be really good.

22 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What is the record of the franchise since the Pegula‘s took ownership?

Since the start of their first full season as owners:

716 games played  

266-358-92

266 wins, 450 loses

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

This I actually agree with.  That’s the only way that it makes sense.

If they are going to trade away some big guys and “rebuild” then it’s reasonable to try out an unproven coach like Leaman, and maybe he’ll be really good.

So hire him as an assistant coach under a veteran head man. 

Everybody's on Kreuger (with good reason) but does anyone think any of the assistants are doing a good job? I don't. We destroy promising D men faster than Steve Smith can score on his own goal. 

• Like (+1) 2

I am now reaching a level with this where it entered my dreams last night. MLK I have a dream speech given by the French Connection Statue outside the arena.

Apparently I've now reached an age where I have found the natural magic mushroom with this team. It's either that or i have to stop having the occasional Beam & Coke during games.

As much as I want RK and staff replaced it's really late in the game now. This season is lost so my hope is still for a head of hockey operations and replace coaching in off season. Frankly, without someone coming in as head of this pathetic hockey operation replacing coach may not be all that easy. We'd be going with young inexperienced or scraps of what's left in retreads. Our franchise and owners are the joke around the league at this point. Hockey Heaven has become Hockey Heaving.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Listening to Ralph's post game PC right now.

He said "We don't want to use the language of excuse."

Maybe he should try that.  Could it hurt?

How about the language of reasons... there's always that if he doesn't like the excuses. 🙂