Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

If Jeremy White is implying that Boudreau was laughing at the Sabres organization and therefore would not consider working here, I totally disagree.

I wouldn't spend 10 seconds analyzing his broken up phone call, but if he was offered the job and appropriate salary, of course he'd come here.

He isn't going to get offered the job; Ralph isn't going to get fired.

Why the F not!?  

That's where the conversation should be right now, not on Boudreau. 

Marek asks Boudreau what interests him in the NHL these days and Boudreau’s quote is “Uh, I’ll say all the Buffalo games.” Laughter

He is saying he is following them closely because an opportunity might pop up soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Can someone list the pool of coaches that have taken the NCAA -> NHL route, and highlight the successful ones?

Why do this?

Why pass up on coaches that have a degree of success we haven't seen since Pegulas took over, every single place they've gone? What purpose does this serve? I just don't get it? They can't be that put off by the Bylsma experience 5 years ago, which went notably better than the rookie hires since? 

I would want to hear from someone I trust that all 3 coaches laughed us away before being okay with doing something like that 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Marek asks Boudreau what interests him in the NHL these days and Boudreau’s quote is “Uh, I’ll say all the Buffalo games.” Laughter

He is saying he is following them closely because an opportunity might pop up soon.

See I'm getting this vibe too, and if this guy is open to coming here and we wind up taking a college coach I think that will push me over some threshold with the Pegulas. Or it'll just push me off the nearest skyscraper. Not sure which 

They would be unfathomably stupid to reject a real coach with a real track record to hire some guy from some college called Providence 

• Like (+1) 1

Terry and Kim, I beg of you - do not screw this up. No coach is a savior, but the stability that someone of this track record (who the Sabres have not had since Lindy) can provide is well worth the cash, it's well worth paying two coaches, and it will help immeasurably in our trek out of this quagmire. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I disagree with him not wanting to come here as someone implied above. There are only 31 NHL jobs and he is 66 yrs. old meaning there are fewer than that available to him. The location has to be appealing as well. I also wonder if the team doesn't look as bad as many on here think. He may look at it as If I can get enough say I can turn that club around pretty quick.

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Terry and Kim, I beg of you - do not screw this up. No coach is a savior, but the stability that someone of this track record (who the Sabres have not had since Lindy) can provide is well worth the cash, it's well worth paying two coaches, and it will help immeasurably in our trek out of this quagmire. 

Narrator voice: they will screw this up 

I have no inside info on this 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

See I'm getting this vibe too, and if this guy is open to coming here and we wind up taking a college coach I think that will push me over some threshold with the Pegulas. Or it'll just push me off the nearest skyscraper. Not sure which 

They would be unfathomably stupid to reject a real coach with a real track record to hire some guy from some college called Providence 

Brace yourself...The Pegulas ARE unfathomably stupid. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Brace yourself...The Pegulas ARE unfathomably stupid. 

For some specificity: they appear to be as unfathomably stupid about hockey as they are brilliant about the business of hydraulic fracturing.

Why is that more depressing than I intended it?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

For some specificity: they appear to be as unfathomably stupid about hockey as they are brilliant about the business of hydraulic fracturing.

Why is that more depressing than I intended it?

I'm not entirely sure getting rich on fracking is a particularly remarkable feat anyway. They just kinda...got lucky. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I certainly thought RK would be gone today. 

If it’s Bruce Boudreaux I will be good with it, and learn how to spell Boudreau.  

By the time I learn how to spell it we will want him fired. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I will only refer to him a BB, maybe HCBB. If our owners are smarter than their daughter that pushed a BS hat down marketing's throat that is.

20 hours ago, Billznut said:

The Pegulas couldn’t convince anyone worthwhile to take the job after Housley. Even their money meant nothing. That’s how we ended up with Ralph in the first place, no one wanted this job. I don’t see how it’ll be any different this time. And if Eichel is gone, the job is even more daunting to any prospective coach. 

Take this as you will.

Based on what others told me, this is false.  According to two sources, Lindy Ruff would have taken the job without a second thought.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Take this as you will.

Based on what others told me, this is false.  According to two sources, Lindy Ruff would have taken the job without a second thought.

But they weren’t courting Lindy a few years ago. I was referring to the coaches they actually were talking to that they couldn’t convince to come here.