Kane traded to San Jose for a Cond. ‘19 1st, Dan O’ Regan and Conditional 4th

Brawndo

In end, I think Kane's locker

Here's the condition of the first-round 2019 pick in the Evander Kane deal: if the Sharks re-sign Kane, it's a first; but if Kane walks into free agency, it's a second-round pick in 2019

Ok, this trade sucks.

UGH !

This sucks

Hate on Botts all you want.

But what is really sad is Gorges, Lehner, Molson, Bogo are still here, because there not worth a bag of pucks. Lot of fixing to do for GMJB and wasn't going to happen with this trade.

So I'm supposed to cut him slack for a garbage trade because he didn't make other garbage trades?

AND the condition is the Sharks re-signing him, not lottery. THIS SUX!

45]

John Vogl Retweeted

45]

lebrun_twitter_49669_bigger.jpgPierre LeBrunVerified account @PierreVLeBrun 37s38 seconds ago

More

Here's the condition of the first-round 2019 pick in the Evander Kane deal: if the Sharks re-sign Kane, it's a first; but if Kane walks into free agency, it's a second-round pick in 2019

Ugh, what an absolutely terrible deal. Can we please just get a competent GM for once?

I'd be happy to see this, but I think it's highly unlikely, esp. if it's true that the Sabres never approached him about an extension (as was reported in TBN today).

Just saw on twitter that a conditional pick can't be re-traded until the conditions are met -- so the Sabres can't trade it until SJ is eliminated from the lottery next season (if that is indeed the condition).

Had seen that about 3 weeks ago. Believe that if they hadn't spoken about what Kane was looking for next year by then, they wouldn't have bothered to do so in the interim. Really don't see why they wouldn't at least talk contract to see what he's looking for unless they REALLY don't want him moving forward.

AND the condition is the Sharks re-signing him, not lottery.  THIS SUX!

John Vogl Retweeted

Probably the best other offers included a guaranteed 2nd and not a conditional 1st. 

It's almost like Kane isn't that valuable.

Half the teams in the NHL probably don't want anything to do with him due to his attitude/reputation/off ice stuff whether its fair or not...when you are limiting the number of potential suitors you are also limiting his worth

Edited by matter2003

First is a lotto ticket even if it is next year and so is the prospect. I'd, of course, prefer the haul obtained for Nash but it certainly isn't nothing for a few months of Kane. Either one of those has a reasonable chance of becoming a long term player in exchange for Kane (who obviously would not have been).