Kane traded to San Jose for a Cond. ‘19 1st, Dan O’ Regan and Conditional 4th

Brawndo

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them (or accept in contract). Fans can bemoan all day long that Kane is worth more, but 29 other GMs had their opportunity to pay more and decided to pass. Those are the only opinions that ultimately count.

Right, so we shouldn't be discussing this at all. Good call

“He’s a solid player,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said of O’Regan. “He’s got good hockey sense, he’s got good compete for a small guy. He’s not afraid, he gets inside.

“That’s the biggest thing if you’re going to play at that stature. You’ve got to be a little fearless, and he’s got that. He’s an interesting prospect.”

O’Regan was called up from the AHL after Barclay Goodrow suffered an upper body injury last Thursday against Florida and was placed on injured reserve. At the time, O’Regan, last season’s AHL Rookie of the Year, led the Barracuda with 12 points in 12 games.

“The thing I’ve liked about him is he’s competed,” Pavelski said. “He’s been first on pucks, he’s been in the corners, he doesn’t shy away from anything.

O’Regan has been able to feel comfortable in a power play role right away thanks in part to the similarities between the system the Sharks run and the one employed by Barracuda coaches Roy Sommer and Ryan Mougenel.

Excerpts from recent San Jose Mercury News article

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them (or accept in contract). Fans can bemoan all day long that Kane is worth more, but 29 other GMs had their opportunity to pay more and decided to pass. Those are the only opinions that ultimately count.

Yup. And I think we got exactly what we should have expected to get for him.

How much you wanna bet that Kane signs with the Sabres on July 1, 2018?

I'd be happy to see this, but I think it's highly unlikely, esp. if it's true that the Sabres never approached him about an extension (as was reported in TBN today).

He got a first back for Kane, something which a lot of people doubted.

That first is a trade chip this offseason

Just saw on twitter that a conditional pick can't be re-traded until the conditions are met -- so the Sabres can't trade it until SJ is eliminated from the lottery next season (if that is indeed the condition).

Right, so we shouldn't be discussing this at all. Good call

That's not at all what he said.

“He’s a solid player,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said of O’Regan. “He’s got good hockey sense, he’s got good compete for a small guy. He’s not afraid, he gets inside.

“That’s the biggest thing if you’re going to play at that stature. You’ve got to be a little fearless, and he’s got that. He’s an interesting prospect.”

O’Regan was called up from the AHL after Barclay Goodrow suffered an upper body injury last Thursday against Florida and was placed on injured reserve. At the time, O’Regan, last season’s AHL Rookie of the Year, led the Barracuda with 12 points in 12 games.

“The thing I’ve liked about him is he’s competed,” Pavelski said. “He’s been first on pucks, he’s been in the corners, he doesn’t shy away from anything.

O’Regan has been able to feel comfortable in a power play role right away thanks in part to the similarities between the system the Sharks run and the one employed by Barracuda coaches Roy Sommer and Ryan Mougenel.

Excerpts from recent San Jose Mercury News article

Good to see you sir and good stuff here.

Botts got played.  Ticking clock and he blinked.  a 2019 lottery protected pick sux.  2020 pick?  two years away? Terrible deal.  

So you think he'd have got more if he waited another 35 minutes?

Troof.

Question is: Did JBOTS cash in before he should have. There's really no way of knowing.

Instigators definitely said he had time on his contract today in the 3 minutes I listened to them. Sounds like that was a mistake, as usual.

Now you know why I went through hoops to stop listening to those morons.  :)

AND the condition is the Sharks re-signing him, not lottery.  THIS SUX!

John Vogl Retweeted

Here's the condition of the first-round 2019 pick in the Evander Kane deal: if the Sharks re-sign Kane, it's a first; but if Kane walks into free agency, it's a second-round pick in 2019

AND the condition is the Sharks re-signing him, not lottery.  THIS SUX!

John Vogl Retweeted

Here's the condition of the first-round 2019 pick in the Evander Kane deal: if the Sharks re-sign Kane, it's a first; but if Kane walks into free agency, it's a second-round pick in 2019

me sideways