Jack Eichel **** high ankle sprain

Derrico

Tweets indicate it's a knee, MRI tomorrow. 

I don't believe that it'll be too serious, I just think they want to look at it before throwing him back out there. 

Regardless of severity, I will be off as long as Jack is. He's the only thing giving me any interest and excuse to procrastinate with this team. 

Get well soon bud. the hockey gods. When you win one for us, make sure to spit in their faces while you skate with the cup. 

In my amatuer opinion, it looks like s grade 2 MCL sprain. 1-3 weeks would be my guess... so week to week.

I back that. 

That's what happened to my MCLs in a game in almost the same situation (except I was in the crease and had my skates go out).  I'd hope for 3 weeks for Eichel.  I was 22 at the time and certainly nowhere near the athlete Eichel is (nor the training staff) but it was a little over a month before I was finally able to walk and turn without feeling like I was losing support in my knees.

I pray that this is the case.  As much as the team played better, you don't want to lose your offensive catalyst. 

No you don't but we need to find out who is worth keeping and who isn't and the only silver lining with Jack out of the lineup is it gives guys like Wilson, Girgensons, Erod, Larsson, Reinhart etc.. a chance to prove they are part of the the solution.  If none of these guys steps up beyond last night, then none will be here long-term.

No you don't but we need to find out who is worth keeping and who isn't and the only silver lining with Jack out of the lineup is it gives guys like Wilson, Girgensons, Erod, Larsson, Reinhart etc.. a chance to prove they are part of the the solution. If none of these guys steps up beyond last night, then none will be here long-term.

This. So much this. In the NHL today, we need more than 1 guy.

Another high ankle sprain, this time on the other leg. We'll see him in late March at the earliest, but very easily he's out for the rest of the season. I am NOT saying he's injury prone, but he definitely could beneift from more focused leg strengthening rehab between now and October.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.