Jack Eichel **** high ankle sprain

Derrico

I thought that too.  Why rush back and hurt it worse when the team isn't going anywhere.  However there is something to be said for Jack's confidence and the team's if Jack plays some before the end of the year and shows he is healthy.

I want a guy who wants to come back, that's for sure.

Might as well just take off next season season too if he wants to be in a good place mentally.

Should probably trade him IMO

Jack, seriously, don't rush back. Just take the rest of the season.

I thought that too.  Why rush back and hurt it worse when the team isn't going anywhere.  However there is something to be said for Jack's confidence and the team's if Jack plays some before the end of the year and shows he is healthy.

If he’s healthy and ready to play, he should play. It’s his job. And players improve through repetition. There’s no logic to sitting him if he’s 100%.

If he can’t fully recover in time to come back, of course that’s a different story. But healthy players should play.

• 2 weeks later...

From [bN]:

Jack Eichel has taken the first step to a return to the Buffalo Sabres' lineup.

The Sabres' top offensive player skated on his own Saturday for the first time since suffering a high ankle sprain Feb. 10 in Boston, coach Phil Housley said after practice Sunday in KeyBank Center. Eichel, however, is still not ready to practice with the team and there's no timetable for any sort of return to action.

"We don't want to put him under that sort of pressure," Housley said. "He has skated. He started skating yesterday so that's good to see him start making progress."

It might be just a coincidence but in my 48 years of watching hockey I do not recall the same player getting high ankle sprains more than one time.  Can you imagine our luck if his ankles are just weak. LOL..

But they aren't - that first injury would have snapped any of our bones right in half, and the second one also had ridiculous torque. Those situations would have injured any human on the planet.

But they aren't - that first injury would have snapped any of our bones right in half, and the second one also had ridiculous torque. Those situations would have injured any human on the planet.

Actually when I was learning to skate, I'm pretty sure I did almost exactly the same thing. I was going at a decent speed when a little kid for no reason turned around and skated right at me. We both kind of froze, and in lieu of sending him flying, I gave him a hug and spun him around. I fell backwards and my legs got pinned under me. The skates gave way just like Jack's did. My knee hurt like the devil and I stayed down for a minute.

And I was never arrested for hugging that kid.

• 2 weeks later...

A part of me wants Jack to play a couple games, dominate enough to quiet any remaining talks of him being over rated because "look how they're doing without him!", then take the rest of the season off.

Do you mean within our own fan base or outside people?

Hope they ease him back in... give him a few shitfs in the 1st and slowly ramp up his minutes over the course of the next 4-5 games.   

Will be interesting to see how the team responds... Reinhart especially. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.