Jack Eichel **** high ankle sprain

Derrico

Not sure you guys understood my post - It's not about the 5% it's about the 100% chance that you draft in the top 4.

Who cares! No one knows if the player at 4 or 5 will be better.

Come on home, ill have supper waiting ;)

For real, I hope Jack Ankle sticks hehe

If it sticks, the Sabres are in trouble.

Who cares! No one knows if the player at 4 or 5 will be better.

If it sticks, the Sabres are in trouble.

I care, this draft has 4 surefire prospects. I want the Sabres to get one of them.

Plus all 4 are NHL ready, the guy at 5 you will have to wait on for 2 years, if not more.

I'm done with losing and adding young talent is the only way to get there.

I care, this draft has 4 surefire prospects. I want the Sabres to get one of them.

Plus all 4 are NHL ready, the guy at 5 you will have to wait on for 2 years, if not more.

Sounds to me like your looking for a bit more losing.  ;)

They aren’t going to fall to 5th if they finish 2nd last.

They are going to draft a player near the top.

Say it with me.

Sounds to me like your looking for a bit more losing. ;)

Yep, about 26 more times

They aren’t going to fall to 5th if they finish 2nd last.

They are going to draft a player near the top.

Say it with me.

Tell the 2017 Avalanche that who fell from 1st to 4th and the Canucks who fell from 2nd to 5th.

Out of curiosity, do you know the odds of finishing 2nd last and drafting 5th?

Edited by Crusader1969

Yep, about 26 more times

Tell the 2017 Avalanche that who fell from 1st to 4th and the Canucks who fell from 2nd to 5th.

But maybe 2nd last wins the lottery this year? Who knows.

And Vancouver has the guy many think could be the player of that draft.

- - -

If you finish 2nd last, it’s about a 70% chance they draft 4th or better.

Yep, about 26 more times

And when Eichel or O’Reilly or Dahlin goes down for 6 weeks again next year at some point, you’ll want a whole bunch more again.

Edited by Thorny

But maybe 2nd last wins the lottery this year? Who knows.

And Vancouver has the guy many think could be the player of that draft.

- - -

If you finish 2nd last, it’s about a 70% chance they draft 4th or better.

And when Eichel or O’Reilly or Dahlin goes down for 6 weeks again next year at some point, you’ll want a whole bunch more again.

Sorry, been burnt too many times to think the 70% will come through.

Sure, if they are completely out of it and only 5 or 6 points from last. If you have both Dahlin and Eichel, plus the other prospects I expect to be on the roster next season, I seriously doubt they are in this position.

If they are, the good news is that the top of the 2019 draft looks really good. Jack Hughes could be the best forward prospect since McDavid.

Edited by Crusader1969

Tanking is a short cut. No respectable GM does it. Real GM's have an ego/confidence that tells them they can build a real team w/o tanking. Tanking would offend their dignity.

XGMTM wanted to tank, because he's not a quality GM. Tanking is a shortcut. Naturally, he tried to take other shortcuts. The tank shortcut "worked," but his other shortcuts didn't. Very predictable.

The Sabres picked Murray because TP wanted to tank, too. And XGMTM was the only guy willing to do it. That's what you get.

Tanking is a short cut. No respectable GM does it. Real GM's have an ego/confidence that tells them they can build a real team w/o tanking. Tanking would offend their dignity.

XGMTM wanted to tank, because he's not a quality GM. Tanking is a shortcut. Naturally, he tried to take other shortcuts. The tank shortcut "worked," but his other shortcuts didn't. Very predictable.

The Sabres picked Murray because TP wanted to tank, too. And XGMTM was the only guy willing to do it. That's what you get.

This is just bananas 

Mike Babcock on #Leafs positive progress since he took over: "Well, we got Auston. But what if we don’t? I remember when we got to three [in the draft lottery], I was jumping up in the living room. When we got to one, tears. People don’t understand. You need real players."

Mike Babcock on #Leafs positive progress since he took over: "Well, we got Auston. But what if we don’t? I remember when we got to three [in the draft lottery], I was jumping up in the living room. When we got to one, tears. People don’t understand. You need real players."

Well I like old leather faces honesty. 

Every team goes through bad seasons.  Some manage to go longer without going through them and some manage to take less time.  Some get lucky.

Which Real GMs are you referring to?

Any evidence to support the other assertions?

So now Eichel will be injury prone and hurt yearly...its always something with this crap franchise

I hope your bunker is solid. 

Eddie Johnston takes offense to this.

I think Patty made that hire, and I don't think Patty was behind tanking, hence his departure. I'm not sure Murray knew what he was getting into, but he played along. For awhile. He said he didn't want a five-year rebuild and he tried to get the franchise out of the jingleweed ASAP. It didn't work well enough quickly enough. Also he called Kim a nasty word.

Every team goes through bad seasons.  Some manage to go longer without going through them and some manage to take less time.  Some get lucky.

Which Real GMs are you referring to?

Any evidence to support the other assertions?

I hope your bunker is solid. 

I hope your denial shields you

I'm going to go out on a limb here...   IMO Eichel's "laziness" will make him prone to these type of awkward falling injuries.   By laziness, I mean poor posture on the ice.    For guy with his size and strength, you'd think he'd be able to hold his ground but when he's not engaged, not ready for battle, just cruising out there... he puts himself into bad situations.     

This latest incident... if you watch it closely... instead of falling forward, or just dropping down to his knees... he falls backwards.    Watching it in slow motion, there's no reason for him to fall backwards unless his weight was on his heels.    His weight should've been on his toes, ready to engage the Bruin defender.     Instead he has his weight on his heels, in a relaxed stance.     Same thing happened with the Girgensons incident.    His weight was on his heels, he fell backward awkwardly.    When you're engaged in a net front battle your weight should be on your toes, giving you leverage against the defender and protecting you from falling backward.   

In both cases, IMO he's just too careless, not engaged, not ready for battle, leaning back on his skates like he's out for a public skate.     Every second of every shift you need to be on your toes, ready to react and absorb contact.    I don't think he's figured that out yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.