GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 1/11/2018, 7pm est MSG

LGR4GM

No, two.

Casey Mittelstadt will be here next year too.

Not enough. 

Kane goes you need Mittelstadt just to come in and replace his offensive output to tread water. Let's say we get Dhalin, now the defense is a bit better. We still don't score enough and still need 2 top 6 wingers. 3 bottom 6 players that occasionally score. 2-3 defenders depending on Antipin. All of those guys then need to actually mesh with the team quickly and create chemistry. Seems unlikely at this point that we will be playoff contenders next year. Really depends on what Botterill can do between now and the end of July. 

I think we might see Ullmark vs Columbus tonight. He took shots before the optional morning skates with the goalie coach and went off the ice before practice started. Johnson and Lehner are on the ice right now.

Considering Jason Botterill just told Linus Ullmark to have fun tonight and he deserves it, I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s starting in goal for Sabres tonight.

So, kids, tune in to see if they still suck!

Yes. I hate when people try to say stuff like this. It is like when someone says "Alabama could beat the Bills!" No they couldn't. The NHL game is faster and more physical than the AHL game.  Matt Moulson can't buy a goal or an assist in Buffalo but has a ton in the AHL.  The Sabres would beat an AHL team. 

I guess a sense of humor is one of the casualties of this season.

Yes. I hate when people try to say stuff like this. It is like when someone says "Alabama could beat the bills!" No they couldn't. The NHL game is faster and more physical than the AHL game.  Matt Moulson can't buy a goal or an assist in Buffalo but has a ton in the AHL.  The Sabres would beat an AHL team. 

Matty Mo has 3-15-18 in 14 games in the AHL.

Well now we're all going to watch the game so as to hear/see Modo becoming one with the Force.

I think it'll go a little like Return of the Jedi...

Imperial Officer (playing the role of the opposing team): Bring those two [droids points in the standings] down here.

C-3PO (playing the role of the 2017-2018 Sabres): We surrender!

Ullmark and Guhle (playing the role of a whole pile of Ewoks): Aieeeeee!

Modo: <begins blowing the many battle horns of the Ewoks, many wins for the Sabres ensue>

I no longer regret spending $12 on tickets for this game.

Question. For Callaway and Promo too. At some future point this season, on a weeknight against a crummy opponent, what do you reckon it would cost me to sit in the 200 level, maybe a little shaded toward the end where the Sabres won't score twice? I always sit up top for the bird's eye view, but maybe once I'd like to see Jack's adorable flushed cheeks.

Question. For Callaway and Promo too. At some future point this season, on a weeknight against a crummy opponent, what do you reckon it would cost me to sit in the 200 level, maybe a little shaded toward the end where the Sabres won't score twice? I always sit up top for the bird's eye view, but maybe once I'd like to see Jack's adorable flushed cheeks.

Just go on stubhub or seatgeek and buy tickets the day of the game (as late in the day as you can manage). 

Out of curiosity, I checked tonight's game on stubhub and you could sit just outside the blue line, lower level, row 15 for about $30.

I walked into a bar in November and was given a free 200 level ticket at the blueline

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.