GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 1/11/2018, 7pm est MSG

LGR4GM

Jack has elevated the carcass of Kyle Okposo and made him an effective player again. Funny how the two fastest skaters (Eichel and Guhle) were the best looking players last night... :flirt:

I think KO has a lot of gas in the tank, and that the neurological thing last year took a lot out of him.  He's just now becoming the player he's capable of being.

A lot of people grade players strictly on the basis of goals and assists.  I think KO's points will come around, but he has a great physicality about him that even if he's not scoring, is affecting the game play and tipping the ice the Sabres way.  I would say the same thing about Girgs, to a lesser extent.

I think KO has a lot of gas in the tank, and that the neurological thing last year took a lot out of him.  He's just now becoming the player he's capable of being.

A lot of people grade players strictly on the basis of goals and assists.  I think KO's points will come around, but he has a great physicality about him that even if he's not scoring, is affecting the game play and tipping the ice the Sabres way.  I would say the same thing about Girgs, to a lesser extent.

I agree about the gas in the tank and the other things he brings.

He also has has 13 points in his past 16 games.

Kyle is good. The question is how long will he remain good.

I agree about the gas in the tank and the other things he brings.

He also has has 13 points in his past 16 games.

Kyle is good. The question is how long will he remain good.

Okposo has always been streaky. He gets hot, then cold and repeats. The ICU scare definitely put in on an extended cold streak but he's definitely looking good these past few games. I'd expect to see him rack up a few points, cool down again, and then finish the season hot.

Other than a great first, we didn’t play much different than most games this past month.

Having some exciting new players rekindles the feeble embers of optimism and winning changes our perspective on everything.

Watching Guhle skate is exciting and my God is Linus easy to root for.

Reminded me of when Ennis and Foligno first came up.

Hope the story ends better than that.

For me, so much of it is just Eichel. Having that real superstar.

I told myself during the tank they even if the team results weren't there, I would take joy in watching an extremely gifted Sabre, one we aren't privy to often. Someone special.

Lately, and increasingly, Eichel is making it easy to stick to that idea.

For me, so much of it is just Eichel. Having that real superstar.

I told myself during the tank they even if the team results weren't there, I would take joy in watching an extremely gifted Sabre, one we aren't privy to often. Someone special.

Lately, and increasingly, Eichel is making it easy to stick to that idea.

Lots of truth there. Sometimes patience is rewarded.

Will it be borrowed?

You have been on a roll, my friend.

His second empty netter, at the end of his rookie season (game 80 maybe?) in NJ, was among the more difficult goals he's scored. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Jack is definitely the interview jokester on the team. He threw this at Guhle:

guhle.jpg

Thank God. I thought it was a birthmark or something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.