GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres, 1/11/2018, 7pm est MSG

LGR4GM

The tank is on! We need to finish last to ensure one of the top 4 prospects. The expected top 4 seem to be the only 4 guys who will be ready to step in next season to help fix this mess. 

lol, you think one 18 year old prospect can come in and fix this mess. 

lol, you think one 18 year old prospect can come in and fix this mess. 

Not at all, but adding a stud prospect like Dahlin, Zadina, Tkachuk, or Svechnikov, coupled with my personal Lord and Savior Casey Mittelstadt (PBUH), and reinforcements from Rochester next season (Guhle, Ullmark, possibly CJ Smith) could probably get this team actually competitive.

Throw in a couple of bounce back/improvement seasons from guys like Reinhart, Okposo, and O'Reilly and they might even challenge for a playoff spot. The stars just need to align and it will be much easier for them to align with another blue chipper in the fold.

lol

Dr. Evander: You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I have been rumored of trade talks on twelve franchises.
Guhle: I'll be careful.

Dr. Evander: You'll be demoted!

Oki-pos-obi: This little one's not worth the effort. Come, let me get you a Gatorade.

Dr. Evander: Arrrrrgh!

Ponda Bogo: Ow, ow, ow... I'm out.

I think we might see Ullmark vs Columbus tonight. He took shots before the optional morning skates with the goalie coach and went off the ice before practice started. Johnson and Lehner are on the ice right now.

Could the Sabres beat an AHL team?

Yes. I hate when people try to say stuff like this. It is like when someone says "Alabama could beat the bills!" No they couldn't. The NHL game is faster and more physical than the AHL game.  Matt Moulson can't buy a goal or an assist in Buffalo but has a ton in the AHL.  The Sabres would beat an AHL team. 

Considering Jason Botterill just told Linus Ullmark to have fun tonight and he deserves it, I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s starting in goal for Sabres tonight.

giphy.gif

Edited by SkuggaLiger

I think we might see Ullmark vs Columbus tonight. He took shots before the optional morning skates with the goalie coach and went off the ice before practice started. Johnson and Lehner are on the ice right now.

Yes. I hate when people try to say stuff like this. It is like when someone says "Alabama could beat the bills!" No they couldn't. The NHL game is faster and more physical than the AHL game.  Matt Moulson can't buy a goal or an assist in Buffalo but has a ton in the AHL.  The Sabres would beat an AHL team. 

Totally agree with you.. but fans are gonna fan I guess.

Go Sabres.  Curious to see what last effort some players put in before they get traded.  :)

I bet the Sabres play the best all round game in 2 years for Linus.

A big 4 - 1 win tonight.  Linus with the 'Miller shut out'.  Not only that, the Sabres score 3 on the PP and one EN.

GO SABRES!!

That would be an interesting development. Ullmark's numbers were very respectable when he played 20 games in 15-16. Two years later, the expectations are  pretty high.

Might be a good time for a Modo pronunciation guide for Linus Ullmark. LEEnoose EWLmark.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.