Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

I would like them to raid the Predators

Paul Fenton as GM and Phil Housley as HC

Fenton gm's their AHL affiliate and is assistant GM in Nashville

Housley IMO fixes the D almost immediately

Not the worst idea.

I think we are pretty attractive to a new GM. We already have our star player and shedding bad contacts is easier for a GM who has no ties to the existing players. (Much like how GMTM did when he first came here)

I liked Murray, but considering the Leafs, Rangers and Oilers leaped frogged the Sabres with their “tank jobs,” it’s not surprising to see him go. Bylsma needed to go as he lost the team and did not tailor his “system” to the strength of his players.

"Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @Real_ESPNLeBrun · 2m2 minutes ago

Constant turmoil with the Bills and Sabres. The passionate fans of Western New York deserve so much better."

Have to agree. While I like the Pegula’s, they need to get their act together and stop meddling so much with both teams

100% spot on by LeBrun.  It will be interesting to see which avenue they go for a GM.  I'm more curious about that than the coach.  This off season just became really spicy.  Long live the Blades. 

Wow! Pegula just went nuclear. Ecstatic about DB but surprised TM was let go, hmm. Either way cant get much worse than this season with the talent we have. Lots of moves in sabreland this summer.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

Firing a coach with the warts Dan showed this year is entirely justified.

Firing a GM three years into a rebuild of the worst team in recent memory is the sign if instability and impatience.

If Lindy Ruff is in charge next week, I am fully on board with everything PA has said about Pegula.

I agree with this, I hope it doesn't give pause to potential good candidates.    

I would be happier with this than Lombardi and Sutter

Firing a coach with the warts Dan showed this year is entirely justified.

Firing a GM three years into a rebuild of the worst team in recent memory is the sign if instability and impatience.

If Lindy Ruff is in charge next week, I am fully on board with everything PA has said about Pegula.

Yup

Bills and Sabres will never makes the playoffs again if we keep starting over every 2 years. Pegula's not looking too sharp as owners

Yeah it's obvious if they kept Rex and Bylsma or Nolan they would be good owners. 

The coach sucks - they fire him.  Seems darn sharp to me.

Byelsma didn't surprise me but Murray is shocking.  Giving up a first for Lehner was a mistake and giving big contracts to Moulson and Ennis was a mistake.

Perhaps I have mistakenly placed more faith in GMTM than he deserves, but I don't see him falling on his sword for Bylsma. He knew there were issues and said as much. He's a smart hockey man. I'm waiting for an alternative explanation.

I think TP looked at the overall situation -- i.e. GMTM spent pretty close to the cap and spent much of his draft pick/trade/cap space currency -- concluded that the results were terrible -- especially relative to teams like Calgary and Toronto -- and held GMTM accountable.

It's a quick trigger for a GM hire, but the GM is ultimately accountable for putting together a good team.

Maybe they want to try the Leafs model and hire a president with hockey knowledge like Shanahan.  Ralph Krueger?

Pegula to meet with media at 10am Friday.

I hope so. 

I would be more inclined to believe they are watching Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary in the playoffs and said we aren't good enough under GMTM.

Yes.

That works for me.

Trading away Pysyck and Brayden Mcnabb were bad moves that cost us young talent of defense

FTFY.

Not much talent lost in either case. Both are 3rd pairing guys. Yes, McNabb plays w/ Doughty but gets 3rd pairing minutes. That says more about how good Doughty is than how good McNabb is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.