Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Perhaps I have mistakenly placed more faith in GMTM than he deserves, but I don't see him falling on his sword for Bylsma. He knew there were issues and said as much. He's a smart hockey man. I'm waiting for an alternative explanation.

Perhaps I have mistakenly placed more faith in GMTM than he deserves, but I don't see him falling on his sword for Bylsma. He knew there were issues and said as much. He's a smart hockey man. I'm waiting for an alternative explanation.

Meddling

The only possible reason I'm happy for Murray being gone would be if he insisted on Byslma. That shows me he can't evaluate coaches

Edited by WildCard

Looks like it'll be Lombardi. My preference was to have him as President of Hockey while retaining Murray.

BUT, if Murray was full on board the "Bylsma stays another year train," I'm ok w/ him leaving too.

Hope they both land on their feet. Preferably w/ Murray in the West and Bylsma in the Adams. ;)

Meddling

The only possible reason I'm happy for Murray being gone would be if he insisted on Byslma. That shows me he can't evaluate coaches

I would be more inclined to believe they are watching Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary in the playoffs and said we aren't good enough under GMTM.

I don't agree with Murray getting the boot.  Can't control it however.  It certainly creates a bigger gap to overcome for me to want to watch this team next year.

The next move is the owners now.  Pegula has to do something that says to me he knows what he's doing.  He has to bring in someone who the players can respect.  The talent and contracts are set up well on the team.

This could get good or it could get real bad real fast.

So, is there any chance I was close to the mark with this?

What's the worst case scenario here, that it's as bad as it looks *and* Murray was basically clueless on how bad it has been? For instance, what if Murray was being 100% honest during his presser when he said to that point he had not thought about firing Bylsma? In this case, his exit interview with Jack would have hit him like a ton of bricks (the room, the system, the...contract?). Would help explain the progression of the presser from off kilter to airing the laundry with surprising candidness. Furthermore, what if Murray isn't as well schooled on hockey systems and whatnot as we'd (perhaps incorrectly) expect a GM to be, such that he didn't "get" how his pieces were a bad fit for Bylsma's approach?

That's basically the doomsday scenario, right? You have a bad/clueless/poor fit at head coach with a GM blissfully unaware of the gravity of the problems. If true, I don't expect any kind of announcement today, as I expect Pegula has some thinking to do. He may well be mulling Murray's fate.

Again, that's worst case. But if, and stressing if, it's somewhat accurate...a full sweep makes sense, right?

Me too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.