Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

It obviously is clear that terry has someone in mind for replacements or he would not have done this before the draft...it is just a question of who he has in mind. some think the duo from LA possibly? I hope not...and bringing back Lindy just doesn't make a lot of sense. either way, this is shocking but proves they'll do whatever it takes to win. I thought GMTM actually did a pretty good job but Danny had to go. any thoughts on the LA duo? I am not too keen on them but wouldn;lt be surprised

Well, I did say that I felt it more likely that both were fired than just Bylsma.

I think that either Murray was very loyal to the coach and said I will not fire him and then Pegula fired both.  Or, maybe this was the plan all along.  Have an untried GM guide the ship through the dark ages and make the easy pics to get us going in the right direction and then get some tried and true to really complete the re-birth.  A very experienced hockey man that knows how to build a winner.

I suspect that Friday when Pegula addresses the media (I think that was posted up thread) Lombardi will be with him and he will be introduced as the President of Hockey Operations, but not GM.  I am not sure if Sutter will be coming along as coach, but I would tend to think not.

If nothing else the owners are just like the fans and really love the drama.

I can't even

I still don't think Bylsma was given a fair shake and I think that Murray said that I will not fire him, so TP fired both.

I think Murray either fell on sword for Bylsma or he just couldn't convince the owners he had a good plan going forward. This team went backwards this year.

I think he felt too comfortable sharing all the dirty laundry of the team, and in candidly sharing all the things that went wrong he ended up convincing pegula that it wasn't just a coach issue but a larger organization issue that fell on the GM.

Zero given burns GMTM for the last time

Someone earlier asked about the definitive end of DD vs Roster debate and TP answered the debate for us and that is both were the problem. TP decided the roster and the coaching stunk and therefore fired the guys responsible. Did Jack want both fired?

I'm shocked like everyone else, but maybe we shouldn't be surprised. TM said in his presser that as of right now he is the GM and DD is the coach. Maybe I'm reading into that statement, but was the writing on the wall?

1) hire Phil Housley as coach

2) Make Dudley team President

3) hire Fenton as GM

Everyone is talking about bringing back Patty, or Ruff or Nolan....but what about bringing Darcy Reiger in for another round.

I'm serious. Think about it. With this core, and his ability to make trades, Darcy can lead this team to a Stanley Cup.

Think about it.

Just kidding. That's a horrible idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.