Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Ultimate Beastmaster is what happens when a generation is raised on Legend of the Hidden Temple and the Agro Cragg. 

Well, I'm enjoying it. I love seeing different athletic body types/pursuits applied to utter nonsense. Super disappointed in the cirque girl. She does corde (a big rope) professionally and couldn't grab a damn chain. 

My mom got me hooked on The Handmaid's Tale over the weekend, and I finished season 1 on Tuesday.  While I wish the subject material weren't nearly as relevant as it is, the show itself and the actors are pretty darn amazing.  Wish I didn't have to wait until April for season 2!

Goon 2 is hilarious. First one was good, but this is much better. The airplane scene was amazing

Well damn you. Now I have to watch. I didn't want to even give the sequel a chance because the original was so good and sequels usually suck. Then my opinion was confirmed by a glance at Rotten Tomatoes. I trust you, though. When has a ginger steered us wrong?

I love the critics' consensus: "Seann William Scott remains as watchable as ever in the title role, but Goon: Last of the Enforcers repeats its predecessor's violent and profane formula to diminishing effect."

Ever heard of parody?

Darkest Hour is a must see for anyone interested in history, great men, or both. The film captures the power of moral clarity and the courage to marshal language. Not surprisingly, it also captures the loneliness and alienation attendant to leadership.

CIrcumstances in my family caused (allowed?) me to be raised by members of Churchill’s greatest generation. Those who know me well understand I believe we’ve lost “something”. The movie left me hopeful that “something” will step forward, again, when called.

It’s also a must see for anyone interested in great film, topic notwithstanding. Gary Oldman is wonderful. Churchill’s Secretary has a point of view that’s woven into the film. This POV makes huge world events intimate and digestible. No small cinematic feat, this works wonderfully without diminishing the epic.

If I could have dinner with one person from the 20th century, it would be Churchill. If we had a table with room for six, we could invite Ali, Reagan, Lindbergh and Mao!

Edited by neo

A reboot movie based on a reboot game?  I'm cool w/ that.  Enjoyed Tomb Raider (ps3) in 2013 very much. 

Hopefully this breaks the video game curse.  How many movies based on games have actually turned out to be a good release?  Any?  

Tomb Raider is set to come out on March 16th.  Looking forward to it.  

A reboot movie based on a reboot game? I'm cool w/ that. Enjoyed Tomb Raider (ps3) in 2013 very much.

Hopefully this breaks the video game curse. How many movies based on games have actually turned out to be a good release? Any?

Tomb Raider is set to come out on March 16th. Looking forward to it.

This actually looks like it could be good. If it holds, it'll be quite the feat.

oceans 7-11...... I just.... well damm.. she summed up the movie perfectly.

I didn't even realize it was the same director as the recent Oceans movies. They were well into the heist and it had a kicky pace/feel to it that made me go "oh this is SOOOooOOo much like the Oceans movies". Looked it up, oh. well. that makes sense!! 

Apparently Matt Damon was supposed to be in it originally... glad he wasn't. Would've felt way too on the nose with the Oceans brand, especially if they kept up the trope of him eating in every scene... 

Finally watched all of Stranger Things. Hot damn that was great. I think I liked Season 2 better than Season 1. I like how they managed to kick up the danger without making the first season feel trivial. Very curious where next season leads, though I guess the creators said it will be something new.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

See it.

I've now seen Three Billboards, The Shape of Water, and Lady Bird so far as far as the Oscar nominees go.

All three are good to great movies.  All very different from one another.  All definitely worth a watch.

I'd put Three Billboards as the best of these 3.  Just a great movie.  Shape of Water was good, but very strange and gimmicky (not sure if that's the right word, but something similar to that).  Lady Bird was at times very funny and the next second extremely saddening or vice versa.  Great coming of age story.

Three Billboards should win best picture and has done very well in the award season preliminaries, but The Shape of Water seems to have the momentum and could do very well Oscar-wise.  13 nominations (1 off the all time record) for Shape of Water seemed to be just a bit too much in my view, but I understand the appeal.  Three Billboards may have peaked too soon, while The Shape of Water is peaking when it matters.

I've now seen Three Billboards, The Shape of Water, and Lady Bird so far as far as the Oscar nominees go.

All three are good to great movies.  All very different from one another.  All definitely worth a watch.

I'd put Three Billboards as the best of these 3.  Just a great movie.  Shape of Water was good, but very strange and gimmicky (not sure if that's the right word, but something similar to that).  Lady Bird was at times very funny and the next second extremely saddening or vice versa.  Great coming of age story.

Three Billboards should win best picture and has done very well in the award season preliminaries, but The Shape of Water seems to have the momentum and could do very well Oscar-wise.  13 nominations (1 off the all time record) for Shape of Water seemed to be just a bit too much in my view, but I understand the appeal.  Three Billboards may have peaked too soon, while The Shape of Water is peaking when it matters.

Good stuff, I still need to see Shape of Water and Lady Bird.

Three Billboards, from what I’ve seen so far, is the best movie of the year.