Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Not sure its been mentioned but Tarantino is currently working on his new project. A Star Trek movie.  :blink:

He's tried almost every other genre so is this the final frontier ?

Not sure how he's gonna drop an N bomb in that one

Edited by Jokertecken

Not sure its been mentioned but Tarantino is currently working on his new project. A Star Trek movie.  :blink:

He's tried almost every other genre so is this the final frontier ?

Let me guess. The script is 5 inches thick, and everyone dies at the end covered in space blood.

I already posted this in the awesome thread, but I'll post it here as well for the people who might skip over either thread.

I just got an email that the first 2 seasons of the greatest show ever made (Ash vs Evil Dead) are now available to stream on Netflix. Hopefully this increases the awareness and popularity of the show so Starz renews it for seasons 4 and 5 (season 3 starts airing on Sunday, February 25th).

I welcome everyone to watch it. You're welcome in advance.

Edited by Alkoholist

Watched Baby Driver tonight. The first half was great, the second half sucked.

I'm a big fan of the "wheelman" genre of movies. And the most important theme is that the driver is always the smartest one. The criminals are idiots but the driver is clever.

So they take Baby, a really charming and likeable character, and then have him make a series of really bad/out of character choices whereby he shoots himself in the foot while trying to escape a world that was obviously going to be harder to escape than by simply driving away. Baby is smarter than that.

A bunch of uninteresting gunplay and some murdering happens and then he goes to prison but it's okay because he's white and then he gets parole after only 5 years and his waitress girlfriend is a rich Lana Del Rey knockoff now or something THE END.

What a waste of a good concept. Can't say I'd watch it again. Baby deserved better.

I'm looking forward to A Christmas Story Live on Fox tonight.

I am looking forward to Eleven's Christmas poem, not on Fox, but live on Sabrespace.  It truly is the highlight of the holiday season.

+++++

Dear Santa,

I have tried to be good and I really do hope that is good enough.  Please bring for me what you try to bring every year.  I know you do your best, but you need some help, which is not forthcoming.  Maybe the coming year will be the year.

Much Love, 

NS

I am looking forward to Eleven's Christmas poem, not on Fox, but live on Sabrespace.  It truly is the highlight of the holiday season.

+++++

Dear Santa,

I have tried to be good and I really do hope that is good enough.  Please bring for me what you try to bring every year.  I know you do your best, but you need some help, which is not forthcoming.  Maybe the coming year will be the year.

Much Love, 

NS

I think he should record it this year.

Das Boot is so good.

I've seen the first half of it several times. It's in two files on my Plex server, and it reverts to German, no subtitles whenever it hits the second file (the back side of the DVD), with no way to switch. I really need to mkvmerge it into one file. :(

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead the other day. The first few episodes were a little slow. Fan service, setup, etc.

But it really takes off in episode 3. Episode 4 is a friggin masterpiece.

Bruce Campbell, for all his camp, is not the best actor. Never has been. But when the supporting cast really gets going it makes him better.

Also, Lucy Lawless looks great for 49. Great casting choice for that character.

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead the other day. The first few episodes were a little slow. Fan service, setup, etc.

But it really takes off in episode 3. Episode 4 is a friggin masterpiece.

Bruce Campbell, for all his camp, is not the best actor. Never has been. But when the supporting cast really gets going it makes him better.

Also, Lucy Lawless looks great for 49. Great casting choice for that character.

Lucy Lawless looks great for any age.