Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead the other day. The first few episodes were a little slow. Fan service, setup, etc.

But it really takes off in episode 3. Episode 4 is a friggin masterpiece.

Bruce Campbell, for all his camp, is not the best actor. Never has been. But when the supporting cast really gets going it makes him better.

Also, Lucy Lawless looks great for 49. Great casting choice for that character.

I thought the first episode was absolutely perfect but I'm glad you stuck with it so far. Was episode 4 the one at the Brujo's place or was it the one at the diner? Both are great but I'm just curious which one you considered the masterpiece. I'm thinking 4 was at the Brujo's with the Eligoss demon they first summoned at the book store though. Edited by Alkoholist

I thought the first episode was absolutely perfect but I'm glad you stuck with it so far. Was episode 4 the one at the Brujo's place or was it the one at the diner? Both are great but I'm just curious which one you considered the masterpiece. I'm thinking 4 was at the Brujo's with the Eligoss demon they first summoned at the book store though.

Yeah, it was Brujo's place. So good.

I'm binging. Just started season 2.

Blade Runner: 2049

Really boring movie IMO. I can see why it got great reviews, filming and acting are phenomenal. Maybe it's because the first one came out so long ago that now it's an over-cycled plot, but I found myself very underwhelmed with it

Edited by Jokertecken

Tru dat. I appreciate that it looks like she's avoided the typical plastic surgery mistakes. There's something to be said for allowing yourself to simply age as a female actress.

It's not that she looks like a certain someone? (Based on a 10-second glance at Google images.)

Finally saw Blade Runner (both the original and the new one) last night... Am I the only person who didn't like it? Cool idea but good grief the pacing was awful, and the first one especially was so boring for long stretches. What a waste of 5 hours.

Finally saw Blade Runner (both the original and the new one) last night... Am I the only person who didn't like it? Cool idea but good grief the pacing was awful, and the first one especially was so boring for long stretches. What a waste of 5 hours.

Haven't seen the new one, but the original is great.

Sometimes, you just need to slow down and get in a groove.

Pot helps.

Just finished What Happened to Monday. I really enjoyed it. A neat concept, some decent action scenes, and a few unexpected twists. Pretty good for a Netflix original.

We actually missed the 2018 ball drop/count down because we were captivated by an action scene. I looked at my phone and it was 12:01. Oops!

Edited by EichSnipe

Watching the excorcist right now, just on season 1 episode 2, but I'm quite entertained.  :)

Now I'm a bit annoyed, a priest in Antwerp giving mass in French with a horrible dialect ???  

It  would have to be in dutch and can't you find someone to speak a foreign language properly ?

Watching the new Goon movie (it's on Netflix).

It's honestly a lot better than the Rotten Tomatoes ratings make it out to be. It's definitely not the first movie by any means. The pace is a little slower and the plot is a little darker (CTE).

There are some good laughs, quotable moments and new characters that work. It's perfectly good for what it is: a hockey movie.

It's honestly a lot better than the Rotten Tomatoes ratings make it out to be. It's definitely not the first movie by any means. The pace is a little slower and the plot is a little darker (CTE).

There are some good laughs, quotable moments and new characters that work. It's perfectly good for what it is: a hockey movie.

Never trust Rotten Tomatoes for a comedy

Sweet! I've got something to watch when I get out of work today!