Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Get off my plane!!

Stupidest line in the whole list of stupid things in that movie.  Can you see a President doing any of that kind of stuff.  And you can't drive a 747, especially one as equiped as Air Force One, like you are driving a BMW in a rally in Sarajevo.

Right now I am watching an incredible documentary on YouTube ... The Death of Yugoslavia.

It is by the BBC, which means it will be very good and very detailed.

It is almost 5 hours long, but will be worth it.  I will probably watch it in 1 hour increments.

I am about 20 minutes in and it starts with the death of Tito and how Milosevic took power in Serbia, not a lot unlike Hitler did.

Here is a link for anyone interested ...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Three Billboards yesterday.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  It does deal with some issues that may trigger some people, such as rape and cancer, so I'll issue that warning.  But McDormand and Harrelson were fantastic.

It's not a movie you need to see in a theatre; there aren't sweeping vistas or CGI or anything like that.  But it is one hell of a picture.

Wonder woman was way better than I had anticipated. Such a strong powerful performance by Gal Gadot. I kinda wish it didn't get into the whole aries thing but it didn't kill the movie.

Yeah. First half is just so great. Second half is like they went "oh we have to be a comic book movie now" and mucked it up with scary IRS official-lookin' Ares. 

Went to see Three Billboards yesterday.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  It does deal with some issues that may trigger some people, such as rape and cancer, so I'll issue that warning.  But McDormand and Harrelson were fantastic.

It's not a movie you need to see in a theatre; there aren't sweeping vistas or CGI or anything like that.  But it is one hell of a picture.

man I love woody :D

His career is something to marvel at. From himbo bartender on the best comedy ever to weird layered psychos to the every man. He's just gone all over the place and it's worked quite well for him.

There isn't a single movie I don't like him in, one of the best actors arround.

My favourite cheers scene :D

Edited by blåbär

Black Mirror

White Christmas and Playtest really struck a nerve with me for some reason.

White Christmas was sooooooo good. Love that show. Modern day Outer Limits or Twilight Zone to me, in many ways.

- - -

The Shape of Water was oh so great. In my top two for the year with Three Billboards.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Panther was fantastic. I had sky high expectations after hearing how good it was, and it met them. Between this and Thor, I have renewed optimism for Marvel movies.

Agreed.

The longevity and sheer juggernaut (heh) that Marvel/Disney has created here is becoming damn impressive.

And since it's been mentioned, I started watching Sons of Anarchy in the last couple weeks.  I just finished the second season last night.  I'm not going to rank it anywhere this early, but I'm enjoying it.  I get the feeling I'm about to hit the point that Josie described though.

We just started season 4. Season 3 didn't start well, but I think the last couple of episodes saved it. We've liked it so far.

Just watched Three Billboards. Good lord was that awful. When the final credits came on my wife said, "Oh, thank God."

I don't know if it was racist like qwk said, but boy, it sure was ####ing stupid.

Just watched it tonight. Yeah... I am no critic, but it didn't feel like a good movie. I thought the ending was particularly gimmicky. Like, they thought, well we gotta end this thing somehow. Honestly it felt a little like an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard. The characters are all vile in their own ways. Do towns like this really exist?

Edited by PASabreFan

Just watched it tonight. Yeah... I am no critic, but it didn't feel like a good movie. I thought the ending was particularly gimmicky. Like, they thought, well we gotta end this thing somehow. Honestly it felt a little like an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard. The characters are all vile in their own ways. Do towns like this really exist?

I'm guessing only in the minds of Hollywood douche-bags.

It was awful.

It's kind of like what somebody from China imagines small-town Southern US to be. That's not an accident.