Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Rutherford needed Lemieux's permission to pull off this trade?!

That was my "seriously" moment. You had to call the owner? That is what you were hired for.

Lemieux is a meddler?

Or just maybe that is the way of the world, whether we want to believe it or not.

Thought this was pretty cool, Behind the Bule and Gold type video showing the James Neal trade negotiation.

Http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/get-a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-james-neal-trade-from-david-poiles-perspective/

I found it interesting that Rutherford was so confident he could get Pick 23 from Colorado. I wonder how his offer was better than TM's Three 2nds.

I found it interesting that Rutherford was so confident he could get Pick 23 from Colorado. I wonder how his offer was better than TM's Three 2nds.

Haven't seen the video but heard that him talking about 23 was actually about Colorado offering that in a package for Neal.

So Subban filed for arbitration.

I know it won't, but I'd really love to see this one get to the hearing. That award would be through the roof and rightfully so.

I apologize if its been mentioned but Jacob Markstrome has requested that the canucks trade him. Apparently he's not happy with the Miller signing.

I love it when nobodies request a trade. This kid has done nothing but fail to show any signs of the hype he once had and now he pulls something like this. I hope Vancouver got a good laugh at his expense.

I hope GMTM's uncle comes though this okay.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 24m

My thoughts are with OTT GM Bryan Murray, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Bryan is one of the really good men in this game.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 21m

I'd urge Bryan to fight hard but that goes without saying for a member of the Murray clan of Shawville, Que.

Preds have a bunch of other centers: Colin Wilson, Calle Jarnkrok (aquired from the Red Wings for David Legwand), Matt Cullen, Olli Jokinen, and Goose. Have some good center/wing prospects in Austin Watson and Colton Sissons down on the farm too. Fisher is a team leader though (wears an "A") and is a top penalty killer and faceoff guy. He'll be missed.

Edited by Potato

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.