Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

I was thinking Moulson

I left him out, because it'll have to be a right wing. If they're going for a wing it's going to be somebody who has played on the right side since they already have Palat locked into Stamkos' left side.

I know Vanek prefers the left, but I think he can deal with being on the right side of the best center he's ever worn the same jersey as.

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Coyotes certainly aren't done. Could hear some more coming from their camp in the very near future (not tonight).

Action starting to pick up tonight. Teams probably trying to make sure they're set up well for free agency.

Anaheim is going to be more than dangerous next year. If they figure out their goalie situation they that is.

Any news on Stastny yet? Seems to be the major domino in UFA that everyone's waiting to topple

Edited by WildCard

Any news on Stastny yet? Seems to be the major domino in UFA that everyone's waiting to topple

Nothing close. I made a list of interested teams over at the Free Ageny Frenzy thread. Can't think off the top of my head who is one it but I think it's something like Colorado, Minnesota, NYR and a few more.

Nothing close. I made a list of interested teams over at the Free Ageny Frenzy thread. Can't think off the top of my head who is one it but I think it's something like Colorado, Minnesota, NYR and a few more.

I'd bet Nashville is pretty hard in the running too. They seem to finally realize Weber and Rinne can't carry a team that doesn't score; adding Neal and trying with Spezza, now that the latter has fallen through I can seem them making a strong push for Stastny.

I'd bet Nashville is pretty hard in the running too. They seem to finally realize Weber and Rinne can't carry a team that doesn't score; adding Neal and trying with Spezza, now that the latter has fallen through I can seem them making a strong push for Stastny.

I agree that Nashville should definitely go hard after him, but it's worth noting that the Spezza trade was proposed before the Neal trade happened. Will Nashville just try to act like Neal is a good enough jolt to their offense and be cheap, or go for it and finally get a good group of forwards?

I agree that Nashville should definitely go hard after him, but it's worth noting that the Spezza trade was proposed before the Neal trade happened. Will Nashville just try to act like Neal is a good enough jolt to their offense and be cheap, or go for it and finally get a good group of forwards?

It'd be a huge mistake if they did. Can't see Neal doing anything special without Crosby centering him.

Plus, I think we all know how building from the outside-in works

It'd be a huge mistake if they did. Can't see Neal doing anything special without Crosby centering him.

Plus, I think we all know how building from the outside-in works

Well most of what he did in Pittsburgh was without Crosby, since Malkin was his center. ;)

But the point still stands. No Malkin, no big success... Just a dirty player with maybe 30 goals a year.

I'm not a huge fan of Sam Gagner, and I am not bashing Murray for not grabbing him.

I am genuinely curious why we wouldn't have picked him up.

The price was nothing we couldn't have beat, he helps with the cap, he's better than most of our forwards.

This is exactly the type of move I would have expected from us.

Tim has to have something else up his sleeve.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

TOR still hoping MTL D Josh Gorges will waive modified NTC to allow trade to TOR. If so, it's believed MTL would get roster player from TOR.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

STL and DAL are the two teams who currently have interest in OTT's Jason Spezza. Doesn't sound like a deal is close.

@DarrenDreger

James Reimer's trade request should come as no surprise. He believes he's a #1 and wants a fresh start to prove that.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm not a huge fan of Sam Gagner, and I am not bashing Murray for not grabbing him.

I am genuinely curious why we wouldn't have picked him up.

The price was nothing we couldn't have beat, he helps with the cap, he's better than most of our forwards.

This is exactly the type of move I would have expected from us.

Tim has to have something else up his sleeve.

The tank to end all tanks!

Honestly, I just think Murray viewed Gagner as redundant since we already have Ennis and Hodgson.

Nashville is in the running. David Poille (USA hockey GM) has already met with Stastny, and Laviolette is Stastny's USA hockey coach. Stastny will go to free agency, he won't resign with the Avs prior to fielding offers from other clubs. I don't think he wants to go to Minnesota, so cross them off the list of possible options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.