Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

The biggest problem I see with the Spezza trade is that he's a UFA next season. It's not much for him to accept the trade and hit play in that lineup and then hit the market next year. So, the Stars might only have him for 1 season. If they can lock him up then I think they'll be okay.

The prospects they gave up are pretty middle of the road. I'd take the chance in this shoes too.

The biggest problem I see with the Spezza trade is that he's a UFA next season. It's not much for him to accept the trade and hit play in that lineup and then hit the market next year. So, the Stars might only have him for 1 season. If they can lock him up then I think they'll be okay.

I thought the same thing about the lack of a contract extension. However, if they can't lock him up, they can recoup most of what they paid for him (if not more) by trading him at the deadline.

It's a decent gamble though. Both sides have time to see whether he is a good fit for a new deal.

If not, he can be dealt at the deadline for a similar return to what they gave up.

Stars should be pretty good next year. Ottawa not so much.

I got Buffalonian buddies in Dallas that are going to have to call their doctors if their happiness lasts 4 hours.

That's a 4 line team now. Nill hit a home run there.

Ruff-Spezza-Seguin..............if anything screams Conference Finals Losers....it's this. They probably make it there in 3 years, then trade Benn away, then fade into oblivion. Check back with me in 5 years!

The prospects they gave up are pretty middle of the road. I'd take the chance in this shoes too.

Agreed. However 3 bodies are still 3 bodies and that isn't always easy to replace.

I thought the same thing about the lack of a contract extension. However, if they can't lock him up, they can recoup most of what they paid for him (if not more) by trading him at the deadline.

It's a decent gamble though. Both sides have time to see whether he is a good fit for a new deal.

If not, he can be dealt at the deadline for a similar return to what they gave up.

Stars should be pretty good next year. Ottawa not so much.

So, seeing the rest of the signings for Dallas at this point you think that Spezza will be enticed to sign. However, if they are in the playoff hunt or at/near the top he's going to ride his contract to UFA status.

Not this year...in 3. It's a very Ruffesque team with those two and now Hemsky. Plenty of talent, but when the grenades start getting tossed in the spring?........

Ok. You're assuming Ruff is still there in 3 years. I like that they have Spezza and Seguin in the 1 and two hole this year.

The West is still tough though.

Go sign Ryan O'Reilly to an offer sheet. We have the picks to do it.

Not this year. Make an offer on next year's O'Reilly if you want but with suspect goaltending and the typical FA adjustment period, I don't want them giving up their 2015 #1.

Not this year. Make an offer on next year's O'Reilly if you want but with suspect goaltending and the typical FA adjustment period, I don't want them giving up their 2015 #1.

With the offer sheet, do all the #1's have to be the Sabres own? Or do they just have to be #1 picks.

With the offer sheet, do all the #1's have to be the Sabres own? Or do they just have to be #1 picks.

Sabres own.

What they said. :lol:

If they could use the Blues pick, I'd be great w/ an offer sheet; unfortunately, that's not an option.

Their own

Tampa bay won huge today though, stralman + boyle , callahan already signed and garrison traded for.

101 point team last year with stamkos out for months. They'll become the team to beat in the east.

Biggest losers, i vote for washington. Damn that contract is huge on niskanen, and orpik lolz.

I think somebody forgot to tell them the compliance buyouts are done :P

Edited by Heimdall

Tampa bay won huge today though, stralman + boyle , callahan already signed and garrison traded for.

101 point team last year with stamkos out for months. They'll become the team to beat in the east.

Biggest losers, i vote for washington. Damn that contract is huge on niskanen, and orpik lolz.

I came into today really thinking that Tampa was going to land Iginla. Disappointed they didn't. Solid additions, still.

What the hell is happening in Washington? It is foolishness or genius.

My magic 8-Ball is throwing back OUTLOOK NO SO GOOD.

Edited by X. Benedict

Claudette?

Ah yes the old changing a dudes name to a chicks name to emasculate them.

What did Giroux say when he grabbed the buttocks of the male police officer?

If I put my hand down your pants, I bet I'll feel nuts

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.