Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Terrific trade for Montreal.

Agreed. You move a guy that never quite fit for a guy who can contribute consistently, has a short term deal AND brings a pick with him? Good deal.

I also like the pickup from Colorado, though.

@NicholsOnHockey: Panaccio: #Flyers almost had a Lecavalier trade w/ #FlaPanthers at the draft. Deal w/ #Preds nearly happened today.

The Preds just can't get players to come there. I personally love the city.

It wasn't Vinny. Cheap David Poille didn't want Lecavalier's big salary on the books for the next 4 years. He tried to get the Flyers to eat some of it. ...Poille sucks.

It wasn't Vinny. Cheap David Poille didn't want Lecavalier's big salary on the books for the next 4 years. He tried to get the Flyers to eat some of it. ...Poille sucks.

Saw that later on. The Preds will never get out of where they are if they don't finally get some forwards.

Poile may suck, but I think he was absolutely right not to trade for Vinny. Vinny is shot, especially at that price.

I don't really think that's a whole lot for Spezza. Chiasson started the season on fire but didn't really finish well. Paul isn't really much of a prospect, at all, and the 2nd isn't a huge asset.

Guptill isn't anything outstanding, either.

Edited by Tankalicious

The biggest problem I see with the Spezza trade is that he's a UFA next season. It's not much for him to accept the trade and hit play in that lineup and then hit the market next year. So, the Stars might only have him for 1 season. If they can lock him up then I think they'll be okay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.