Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

What the hell is happening in Washington? It is foolishness or genius.

My magic 8-Ball is throwing back OUTLOOK NO SO GOOD.

Niskanen was of course a major overpayment, but I could live with that if it weren't coupled with the Orpik contract. Overpay for Niskanen and re-sign Grabovski, and that's a pretty good offseason. But to choose Orpik over Grabovski? Yikes.

Niskanen was of course a major overpayment, but I could live with that if it weren't coupled with the Orpik contract. Overpay for Niskanen and re-sign Grabovski, and that's a pretty good offseason. But to choose Orpik over Grabovski? Yikes.

If i'm George MacPhee II - can't remember his name - I move Ovechkin. Both team and player have grown stale with each other.

Thanks for the Giroux comments :lol: ....that brightened up a bad buffalo morning. WRT RJ etc.

"John brings a physical, no-nonsense element to our lineup," Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said in a statement. "As we integrate more younger players to our team, John's presence alone can act as a deterrent and help keep teams and opposing players honest."

Glad to see he got a team, but we heard that statement before :P

If i'm George MacPhee II - can't remember his name - I move Ovechkin. Both team and player have grown stale with each other.

When Ovechkin is on his game I don't think there's a better player in the league, I agree both sides would likely benefit from a change but his contract and mercurial nature might make moving him a challenge: he'll be 36 when it ends in 7 years and has a cap hit north of 9.5MM per.

I think that's a good spot for Darcy.

He'll probably do very well in the role. If they're smart they have him negotiate the potential trades but have the GM actually pull the trigger.

Otherwise, I can see it now: Darcy - "I had a deal worked out where we could've had 2 1sts for Doan but I lost the deal calling 10 more teams to talk to because I was pretty sure I might've been able to pry loose an extra 7th."

Maloney - "Oy, vey!"

If that comes to pass the original trade may be put up as one of the top 3 fleeces in league history. Even without the first round pick it's an embarrassment of riches. His last move may have been his very best.

The moulson resigning with buffalo would just op it off :D

Murray added this about potential additional Senators transactions:

We continue to talk, we've had discussions about a trade that has gone on for a period of time now, it's just a matter of if we can get satisfaction both ways.

Stewart??? Tim Murray hand picking a prospect or 2?

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Murray added this about potential additional Senators transactions:

We continue to talk, we've had discussions about a trade that has gone on for a period of time now, it's just a matter of if we can get satisfaction both ways.

Stewart???

My guess, yes. Where/when did he say that?

My guess, yes. Where/when did he say that?

I copied it from the Sens section on the HFBoards. It was in his talk after the Legwand signing.

The other day, Shane Prince was pulled out of Sens development camp and was spoken to by Bryan Murray. He is from the Rochester area, 21 year old LW .... and had expressed interest in a trade previously.

I'll toss out a few ideas..

Stewart for Shane Prince + Chris Driedger

Stewart + 3rd for Shane Prince + Mark Stone

Stewart + Pysyk + 2nd for Cody Ceci + Shane Prince

Stewart + Hodgson + Adam + 2nd for Curtis Lazar + Shane Prince

Stewart + Hodgson + Mitchell for Chaisson + Wiercioch + Prince + 2nd

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.