Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

And let's just say that the Pacific half of the museum was a lot more graphic than you would have expected.  It wasn't anything over the top, but it definitely was an eye opener.

Good. I'm looking forward to it. I guess as much as you can say that! 

One of the grislier displays I saw was at the Peace Museum in Hiroshima. They have a full size diorama of mannequins with their skin melting off after the bomb. Piles of nails, hair and skin accompany the display, along with very graphic photos/videos. A section of brick is there with a carbon shadow from someone sitting there at ground zero. Made an impression on 14 year old me. Knowing that those things happened and reading about them was one thing, seeing the direct evidence was quite another.  

There were a lot more blood stained items of clothing/fragments of planes and such that I saw in the WWII museum. A lot of places clean that up... I'm glad they didn't. 

Come visit the theater down here has beer. It is wonderful. They do make you buy food (popcorn, pizza, burgers, whatever...) with it.

As for the comedies, I walked into 21 jump street because I missed the other movie I wanted to see. I walked out with a tear in my eye because the movie was funny but didn't take itself to serious. It's just my style of humor. Also JGL and Seth Rogen I like as actors and Anthony Mackie is growing on me.

Both jump street movies were very well done. Good stuff.

Also - beer at a movie theatre? Yes please.

So there's this thing called Camp Widow.  It's what you'd expect, except it's at a hotel, rather than at a campground.  Lots of workshops and all that.  

I went last year, but I overloaded on workshops and it was too soon.  I left midway through, and I was just bawling.

I went again this year.  I got back at halftime of the Bills game.

It was ###### AMAZING.  I just feel so differently than I did last week.  I feel so energized about moving forward (not moving on, that's different and never will happen, I learned) with my life.  I saw friends from last year (they all were "freshmen" last year, too), and they're all the same as me--moving forward.  

I can't and don't expect anyone to understand WTF I've been through, but wow, these past four days were amazing and I feel like a real human being again for the first time in nineteen months.

Really glad to hear this man.

Yesterday capped off suicide prevention week with many 'Out of the Darkness' walks around the country. I wasn't able to participate (worked dayside) but my family was and they had a blast. So many good people who cared surprisingly showed up to support my family and those who knew my brother. My mom, who has been very introverted since my brother's suicide and other incidents, got out and ended up raising over $500 for the cause (in a small town that's a ton of money). She was so happy at the end of the day when we talked about it.

A great day.

Been away a few days and just catching up on SS, but great stuff, gents.

Both jump street movies were very well done. Good stuff.

Also - beer at a movie theatre? Yes please.

Good craft beer actually. It is quite enjoyable and I think it was like 4.50$ for the local craft stuff and I tipped the waitress a buck so 5.50 a beer wasn't bad. Oh yea you have a waitress, you just push the button.  I really need to go back.

Talking about movies, has anyone else seen the Wedding Ringer with Kevin Hart? I honestly can't stand the dude, but that movie gets an A in my book. Very original, and it had a very...Old School vibe to it. Very similar movies in style. Plus, Thad Castle is in it, and that's ###### awesome. 

TBF I also liked Hart in Grudge Match, so maybe I should review hating him. 

Oh and if you haven't seen Death at a Funeral, the American version, go do that. 

Edited by WildCard

Drunkard you in!?

What time?

Sign me up, although if what Liger says is the case and it's actually craft beer I'll have to pass. My top hat and tails are at the cleaners and my monocle is in the repair shop so I probably won't be spiffy enough to get be served the fancy stuff. Unless I revert back to my college days and sneak double cans of PBR into my socks under my jeans in which case count me in.

Cheap ass beer and terrible food.

Sign me up, although if what Liger says is the case and it's actually craft beer I'll have to pass. My top hat and tails are at the cleaners and my monocle is in the repair shop so I probably won't be spiffy enough to get be served the fancy stuff. Unless I revert back to my college days and sneak double cans of PBR into my socks under my jeans in which case count me in.

They have a refillable Tanker, yes they call it a Tanker, you get draft refills for $8.50 at the theatre in Roswell, GA.

You can go on in your half shirt, cut of jean shorts with a fanny pack and drink away. No PBR in the socks needed!

I was watching Fury Road and I had jeans and t-shirt on. 

They have a refillable Tanker, yes they call it a Tanker, you get draft refills for $8.50 at the theatre in Roswell, GA.

You can go on in your half shirt, cut of jean shorts with a fanny pack and drink away. No PBR in the socks needed!

There are some perks to living in Georgia. :beer:

My go to move. 

I was watching Fury Road and I had jeans and t-shirt on. 

There are some perks to living in Georgia. :beer:

My uncle lives in Georgia, he just became a Major. Loves it down there.

attachicon.gif11999867_558224867660739_982968998_n.jpgattachicon.gif12025584_558224837660742_125985953_n.jpg

Beautiful night to get back out to the observatory on campus. Saw Saturn for my first time!

Ever come down to Cherry Springs State Park in northern PA? It's said to have the darkest skies in the eastern U.S., and it's an International Dark Sky Park. Occasionally they have star parties. Astronomers flock there. It would be a bit of a haul, probably almost three hours. You'd be in the middle of nowhere in Pennsyltucky — I wouldn't recommend any canoeing with that perty mouth of yers. But you'd pass through Coudersport and could flip the bird at the memory of John Rigas if you are so inclined.

Ever come down to Cherry Springs State Park in northern PA? It's said to have the darkest skies in the eastern U.S., and it's an International Dark Sky Park. Occasionally they have star parties. Astronomers flock there. It would be a bit of a haul, probably almost three hours. You'd be in the middle of nowhere in Pennsyltucky — I wouldn't recommend any canoeing with that perty mouth of yers. But you'd pass through Coudersport and could flip the bird at the memory of John Rigas if you are so inclined.

I have passed by that State Park 3 times now over the last 5 years. 

Each time I go by I tell myself that it's worth the long drive for a 3 day weekend there.

It's on the bucket list. Especially a clear night during the Perseid meteor showers.

Absolutely beautiful country.

I did a double take on that one.

If we can get our club certified without any problems, we have tentative plans to take a "field trip" of sorts down to Cherry Springs, hopefully while I'm still here. I've never been but my friends and I keep making plans to go and having them fall through. I cannot wait for when I can finally go. And I think I can handle Pennsyltucky, I live in Wyoming County after all ;)

If we can get our club certified without any problems, we have tentative plans to take a "field trip" of sorts down to Cherry Springs, hopefully while I'm still here. I've never been but my friends and I keep making plans to go and having them fall through. I cannot wait for when I can finally go. And I think I can handle Pennsyltucky, I live in Wyoming County after all ;)

NY, I assume. There's one in PA too.