Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I made and consumed an entire loaf of banana bread in the past 24 hours, from when it was still warm last night until just now. I reckon it was about 3,300 calories. Good thing I gave up butter — Land O Lakes Buttery Spread with Canola Oil is also awesome, however.

The weather forecast for our trip to New Orleans keeps getting more and more comfortable. Only low 80s now, and Sunday is sunny and barely cracking 80. My balls are so happy. 

Oh, happy day. I went around this time of year a few years ago. The weather was similar to what you're forecasted to have -- and it was spectacular. Enjoy!

The weather forecast for our trip to New Orleans keeps getting more and more comfortable. Only low 80s now, and Sunday is sunny and barely cracking 80. My balls are so happy. 

I'm not sure if it happens this time of year, but my wife was there in May a few years ago and every afternoon it would pour down rain for an hour or two. She dealt by finding a bar or cafe and having a drink to wait out the rain. :wub:

I'm not sure if it happens this time of year, but my wife was there in May a few years ago and every afternoon it would pour down rain for an hour or two. She dealt by finding a bar or cafe and having a drink to wait out the rain. :wub:

This is what I experienced when I spent summers in the Sarasota, FL area. Like clockwork every day, big ol' hulking monsoon tstorm at 3 pm, lasted about 30-45 minutes, then all was well. I'm gonna guess New Orleans will be somewhat similar. 

This is what I experienced when I spent summers in the Sarasota, FL area. Like clockwork every day, big ol' hulking monsoon tstorm at 3 pm, lasted about 30-45 minutes, then all was well. I'm gonna guess New Orleans will be somewhat similar. 

Fwiw, we experienced no such later afternoon t-storms when we were there this time of year for the better part of a week.

But, whatever. No matter. NOLA is the bomb dot com.

I chuckled.

I don't think I've had banana and chocolate. Wait, duh. A banana split. But the banana bread is such the perfect combination of flavors, I see no reason to gild the lily.

lol its pretty good. I'm biased because I don't like bananas (I'm odd, I know). Banana bread is good because it tones down the banana flavor, but its even LESS when you toss in chocolate chips. I should probably just eat chocolate chip cookies.

Also, I'm a child.

Edited by sabills

Just had our 73rd straight, about 4 hours ago!

Edge Fest (well really half of Coheed and Cambria's set and the entirety of Modest Mouse's) was an absolute blast in the pouring rain. I've been wetter underwater and it just made it that much better.

MM has been a favorite of mine for such a long time now. Got a free ticket last minute and really enjoyed the show by myself. Great time.

Edge Fest (well really half of Coheed and Cambria's set and the entirety of Modest Mouse's) was an absolute blast in the pouring rain. I've been wetter underwater and it just made it that much better.

MM has been a favorite of mine for such a long time now. Got a free ticket last minute and really enjoyed the show by myself. Great time.

I've heard Modest Mouse is a great live show. I used to list to C&C awhile back, haven't heard them in years though 

I've heard Modest Mouse is a great live show. I used to list to C&C awhile back, haven't heard them in years though

Modest is definitely great live. Not much though. Didn't talk at all really (probably because of the weather). They had to switch guitars after every song to keep dry.

Haven't listened to Coheed since early high school so it was kind of a blast from the past. Couldn't have told you two weeks ago they were still together. Was cool to see them.

So there's this thing called Camp Widow.  It's what you'd expect, except it's at a hotel, rather than at a campground.  Lots of workshops and all that.  

I went last year, but I overloaded on workshops and it was too soon.  I left midway through, and I was just bawling.

I went again this year.  I got back at halftime of the Bills game.

It was ###### AMAZING.  I just feel so differently than I did last week.  I feel so energized about moving forward (not moving on, that's different and never will happen, I learned) with my life.  I saw friends from last year (they all were "freshmen" last year, too), and they're all the same as me--moving forward.  

I can't and don't expect anyone to understand WTF I've been through, but wow, these past four days were amazing and I feel like a real human being again for the first time in nineteen months.

Edited by Eleven

So there's this thing called Camp Widow.  It's what you'd expect, except it's at a hotel, rather than at a campground.  Lots of workshops and all that.  

I went last year, but I overloaded on workshops and it was too soon.  I left midway through, and I was just bawling.

I went again this year.  I got back at halftime of the Bills game.

It was ###### AMAZING.  I just feel so differently than I did last week.  I feel so energized about moving forward (not moving on, that's different and never will happen, I learned) with my life.  I saw friends from last year (they all were "freshmen" last year, too), and they're all the same as me--moving forward.  

I can't and don't expect anyone to understand WTF I've been through, but wow, these past four days were amazing and I feel like a real human being again for the first time in nineteen months.

Really glad to hear this man.

Yesterday capped off suicide prevention week with many 'Out of the Darkness' walks around the country. I wasn't able to participate (worked dayside) but my family was and they had a blast. So many good people who cared surprisingly showed up to support my family and those who knew my brother. My mom, who has been very introverted since my brother's suicide and other incidents, got out and ended up raising over $500 for the cause (in a small town that's a ton of money). She was so happy at the end of the day when we talked about it.

A great day.

Really glad to hear this man.

Yesterday capped off suicide prevention week with many 'Out of the Darkness' walks around the country. I wasn't able to participate (worked dayside) but my family was and they had a blast. So many good people who cared surprisingly showed up to support my family and those who knew my brother. My mom, who has been very introverted since my brother's suicide and other incidents, got out and ended up raising over $500 for the cause (in a small town that's a ton of money). She was so happy at the end of the day when we talked about it.

A great day.

One of my closer friends from last year's CW (and this year, too) is a suicide widower.  It is brutal.  

One of my closer friends from last year's CW (and this year, too) is a suicide widower. It is ###### brutal.

I feel for those who truly cared about a significant other and lost them in this manner. I'm sure it's another level compared to a sibling because of the connection and guilt you must feel. I'm sure you've played a great role in supporting him/her.

The wife he left behind is a vile human being who only cares when it puts her in an advantageous position.

I feel for those who truly cared about a significant other and lost them in this manner. I'm sure it's another level compared to a sibling because of the connection and guilt you must feel. I'm sure you've played a great role in supporting him/her.

The wife he left behind is a vile human being who only cares when it puts her in an advantageous position.

I'm sorry about that bit about your sister-in-law.  I have a selection of golf clubs, and I don't golf, if you catch my drift.