Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Especially a team Dubas apparently gutted at the deadline, from what I've heard. This isn't the 1st place team that played most of the regular season.

What does he have to do to replace a Girginsons in the Sabres lineup?

Grow 5 inches and get 5 years younger?  He’s almost 30 and barely stand 5’8”.  He an effective AHL player but with this teams pipeline, I just don’t see him as anything other than an AHL player.  

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Just a reminder Flagg, this is Rochester, not Buffalo. We call it "490", not "the 490". Calling any interstate "the" is such a Buffalo thing. 😆

It's not just interstate! I grew up down the 400.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Great job by the security staff tonight coming to our row in the middle of the first period and taking my daughters sign that we made away from her. 

4A1A1355-1F79-4E07-8631-B270DAFC46C4.thumb.jpeg.879f787981d3db6e0208ca9641732ca7.jpeg

What was the reason?  Someone could take the stick and use it as a weapon?

That was my first time at an Amerks game, or any AHL game. The hockey is definitely more hectic and sloppy. The arena is neat but the concourses and bathrooms are unbearably small. Using the restroom isn't fun at Sabres games but it was completely impossible last night. My wife and sister in law left with 3 minutes left in the first period and didn't get back until 5 minutes into the 2nd. 

Subban was as good as any goalie can be in a 4 goal outing. It was fun to see him again (safely away from important nhl games)

Kulich was the only guy that stood out as NHL talent right now, in particular his rushes. On his goal, everyone knew the second he got the puck that he was going to score. That said, aside from a couple rushes I didn't see much from him, but I can't figure out if that's just an AHL hockey thing because he had 3 points. Rosen didn't stick out at all aside from his shot on the goal. Saw him watching scrums he could have engaged with to win the puck. He needs more seasoning which we all know

Pilut can be himself at this level, which isn't possible in the NHL. The game is slow enough that he can confidently dictate puck movement and plays while he's out there. Prow and # 3 made a number of good defensive breakups. 

And yeah, passed a lonely, isolated bus in the pitch black stretch of the 490 between exit 2 and the 90. Must have been a bleak ride. It was for me haha. Gotta drive back up the same road for work in a few mins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Just a reminder Flagg, this is Rochester, not Buffalo. We call it "490", not "the 490". Calling any interstate "the" is such a Buffalo thing. 😆

30 minutes ago, MattPie said:

It's not just interstate! I grew up down the 400.

For those who kicked around North Buffalo, don't forget The 198! (I will not try to spell it.)

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

And take a home game away from Rochester fans?  

Yeah that's not cool.  I rarely care about the Amerks.  To me, they're here to serve the Sabres and for little else (until this time of year).  I'm about as bandwagon as it gets.  I'll bet there are a lot of Buffalo-based Sabres fans (not necessarily on this board) who are the same way.  Meanwhile, there are a lot of Rochester fans who are Amerks fans in their own right and who deserve to have the game close to them.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Great sign with the ol' broom. Can't believe they took it away. 

Although it is Rochester. Last time the Amerks won the Calder, we were at one of the games and my bro in law got tossed for banging on the glass. That happens in every arena all game long. 

Moose was pounding on the glass last night.. They didn't toss him.  🙂

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Great job by the security staff tonight coming to our row in the middle of the first period and taking my daughters sign that we made away from her. 

4A1A1355-1F79-4E07-8631-B270DAFC46C4.thumb.jpeg.879f787981d3db6e0208ca9641732ca7.jpeg

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

What was the reason?  Someone could take the stick and use it as a weapon?

Maybe it was blocking the view of people behind them?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

ICE are down 3-1 to Seattle. Could Savoie join the Amerks here soon if they get eliminated? Boy that would be fun to see.

They wouldn’t sit someone who’s been there for the playoffs for a rookie, unless they lose a couple and need a spark. But he could practice with them like Nadeau is.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe it was blocking the view of people behind them?

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

That’s my assumption.

I've seen plenty of people with paper signs that they hold up, though.  They just don't hold them up during play.  Seems they usually allow that stuff in, which is why I'm wondering if it was about the stick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.