Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

43 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Hella lot better smelling that tobacco smoke.

They are both pretty bad to me but I have to hard disagree with that.

On recent trips to New York City, and in the suburbs of DC, there was a lot of it being used. I think it smells absolutely awful.

Smells something like a dead skunk that someone started on fire.

I don't like the smell of 2nd hand cigarette smoke or cigar smoke but I can live with that. When I walk by someone smoking weed, it doesn't quite make me nauseous but it's in that neighborhood.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

They are both pretty bad to me but I have to hard disagree with that.

On recent trips to New York City, and in the suburbs of DC, there was a lot of it being used. I think it smells absolutely awful.

Smells something like a dead skunk that someone started on fire.

I don't like the smell of 2nd hand cigarette smoke or cigar smoke but I can live with that. When I walk by someone smoking weed, it doesn't quite make me nauseous but it's in that neighborhood.

Right, the difference is that 5 years ago I never smelled either of these things, but now every time I go out it reeks like skunk somewhere. Like I said though, in some ways it is perfectly fitting and representative 

It shouldn't be too difficult to have this discussion- I'm aware how the world works, that some people use marijuana medicinally, don't abuse it, function "better" with it etc. "Not all X are Y!!" Yeah, we are adults here, I didn't think we had to say this out loud. It's completely irrelevant to me if this rich and successful guy smokes weed and that smart guy does too. I'm just talking about population level trends, patterns, distributions that are painfully obvious to anyone not lying to themselves, and have been for decades 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I have lived with chronic nerve pain for several years.  I’ve been prescribed a number of pharmaceutical options including oxy.  I hated the hard drugs and it came with a litany of side effects and other health concerns.  

My medical cannabis has helped with that nerve pain more than any other of the pharmaceutical concoctions they threw at me.  Unfortunately you damn Yankees are still living in the draconian ages and I don’t get my medicine when crossing the border.  

I’m aware of all the sceptics out there.  I also know this medicine allows me to function, run my own business, coach my boys sports teams and live a much more fulfilling life than I had been.  To each their own I guess. 

Before my Dad passed the pain med that was the most effective for him was CBD oil.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There exist lame things. In every instance this is true, there are individuals, MANY individuals even, who engage with these lame things and are not lame. The pattern is not ruined by this, the culture of the thing is still inherently lame. Weed culture is so far beyond lame that it is typical for me to come away from an engagement with someone that strongly leans into this culture with a desire to make sure I never interact with them again. When I come across people who lean into this culture online, on their subreddits etc., the lameness is concentrated into unbearable levels, which confirms what I need to know about the essence of the activity. I am merely describing this phenomenon, whether it makes people mad or not is irrelevant to its existence 

While we're on the tangent: I tried gummies a few years back. First time trying any THC.  Nothing happened. Tried again, nothing. I guess my body thinks it's too cool for weed. It was from a MA dispensary, so I don't worry about being scammed or any thing. *shrug*

33 minutes ago, Weave said:

Is the gif thing here no longer working? I haven’t been able to get it to work the last few days.

I really wanna hit Randall with some choice gifs but the gif tool here is seriously harshing my buzz.

not working at two bills drive either .. Been a few days.

43 minutes ago, Weave said:

Is the gif thing here no longer working? I haven’t been able to get it to work the last few days.

I really wanna hit Randall with some choice gifs but the gif tool here is seriously harshing my buzz.

Yeah, not working for me either.  You can still go out on the open internet and find a gif and paste it in your post, but it's not as convenient as having it integrated in the editing bar.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

It's been out at two bills drive as well. There are good websites to save gifts from though 

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Is it too much to ask for a better Picture I mean that s*** was terrible watching yesterday

Well, I don't think the AHL has great equipment to begin with.. then you add in the MSG effect..  so yeah, it's probably too much to ask for.

• Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Is it too much to ask for a better Picture I mean that s*** was terrible watching yesterday

It’s because you’re used to the NHL where there are standards for lighting and tv broadcasts. AHL arenas are not set up to optimize tv broadcasts.

On Sabres live it was announced that MSG will televise game 3 from Rochester Saturday, with Don Stevens and Brian Duff.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Well, I don't think the AHL has great equipment to begin with.. then you add in the MSG effect..  so yeah, it's probably too much to ask for.

Its 2023 it should be way improved it felt like i was watching my son back in the day playing hockey with a VCR tape lol .

1 hour ago, LTS said:

It was just fine 15 years ago.  I can still enjoy hockey in "reg-def."

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Kulich has been great.

Yes, he's having a great playoffs, and had a really good year. If he's not on Buffalo next year I hope it's because they don't think he's ready, and not because they want to slide his ELC a year. I must admit though, I do enjoy the hypocrisy of some who advocate for that financial strategy being the same posters who piss and moan about a college player choosing his CBA negotiated path he feels is best for him. 

15 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m an addict.  It isn’t one thing. It’s everything.  I love booze.  I love weed.  Mostly as a bi-product of availability, I was a booze hound first. It destroyed my life for over two decades.  I’m not free from that grasp but it’s not as firm.  Only because of weed. I smoke/eat an edible daily.  After dinner to bed nightly.  

it’s the only thing that has kept me from losing it all.  Booze has its grip on me but weed has made it a much more manageable.  Lame? Probably. A survival method? Most definitely. 

I had the choice to give up one vice: weed or alcohol, and I chose alcohol. My blood pressure is the best it's been since I was 20. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.