GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ, WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

35 minutes ago, Contempt said:

I looked it up, the paper moved to Topeka, Kansas like 30 years ago. It's now in glossy magazine format and sold at farm and feed stores in the Midwest.

What do feed stores need with plastic AM radio watches?

Just now, sabremike said:

Think you are right. Not thinking clearly as I want to break things in a very violent manner right now.

Iโ€™ve been as mad since but donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve broken anything since Kasparitus (sp? (Just kidding I donโ€™t care)). I donโ€™t think I had anything left to smash after that regardlessย 

3 hours ago, Don Dokken said:

The gaslighting from the broadcast makes it so much worse

"No, you're right."

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Only saving grace Detroit, Ottawa are young teams struggling as well... sigh.

I'm looking forward to the ascent of not only the Sabres, but those two teams as well.ย  The day will come, and soon I hope, when Tampa Bay, Bahston and TO fade (although TO isn't really past peak yet).

• Like (+1) 2

They outshot both the Bruins and Preds.ย ย 

UPL .720 sv% vs BOS

Anderson .700 sv% vs NSH

If Buffalo had Saros and NSH had Anderson in net, Buffalo smokes them.

Same can be said for the Boston game.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Hello Teammates, Punch checking. ย We had a fantastic dinner and night out in Key West. ย 
ย 

I caught the last 4 minutes. ย DEAD. ย No people, no noise, no life. ย Does not look like a team fighting for the playoffs. ย Canโ€™t believe that was a Sabres home game. ย 
ย 

Check the Stats, ย Dahlin -2. ย Tage -2 with a goal and a fight. ย Probably not a real fight. ย Iโ€™ll look for a video. ย 
ย 

No goaltending again. Gave up 4 goals on 8 shots in the second. ย 
ย 

Wow. ย  What a death spiral. ย ย 

4 goals on 8 shots again ? It was bad enough in the Bruins fiasco. Damn ! Glad I stayed away from the t.v. For this one. Throw in the towel. If this is what they consider development Iโ€™d hate to see the alternative.

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

UPL .720 sv% vs BOS

Anderson .700 sv% vs NSH

So, what your saying is, it was aliens ๐Ÿ‘ฝย 

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‰

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

UPL .720 sv% vs BOS

Anderson .700 sv% vs NSH

I reached the stage of calling Nashville on Saros, asking the price, paying, moving on.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

Must say that was pretty bad yet again...maybe we bring up Subban and get UPL back to Rochester to get some sort of confidence back? Absolutely true that other young teams such as Ottawa and Detroit are really struggling as well (and they apparently have competent coaches and GM's where ours I keep hearing are no good and do not know what they are doing). All is not doom and gloom and this is actually part of the learning curve. While these players have indeed experienced pressure during their younger years playing AAA hockey, it is now against men. Most of this team are still growing and clearly being pushed around by much more experienced men. Th efew "vets" are not capable of mustering up any sort of help to try to inspire the team.ย 

ย  One good thing is we are young, while teams like Washington and Pittsburg, who are losing lots too, are old and have little in the way of young players. They have given away so many draft picks that it is catching up to them now. This team is close and needs a vet d-man, some grit up front and a NHL goalie.

ย  Speakin of grit,ย  isee why Minnesota gladly parted with Greenway...heck they got Reeves and the guy I wanted us to try and trade for (who we should have never traded in the first place)

20 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Must say that was pretty bad yet again...maybe we bring up Subban and get UPL back to Rochester to get some sort of confidence back? Absolutely true that other young teams such as Ottawa and Detroit are really struggling as well (and they apparently have competent coaches and GM's where ours I keep hearing are no good and do not know what they are doing). All is not doom and gloom and this is actually part of the learning curve. While these players have indeed experienced pressure during their younger years playing AAA hockey, it is now against men. Most of this team are still growing and clearly being pushed around by much more experienced men. Th efew "vets" are not capable of mustering up any sort of help to try to inspire the team.ย 

ย  One good thing is we are young, while teams like Washington and Pittsburg, who are losing lots too, are old and have little in the way of young players. They have given away so many draft picks that it is catching up to them now. This team is close and needs a vet d-man, some grit up front and a NHL goalie.

ย  Speakin of grit,ย  isee why Minnesota gladly parted with Greenway...heck they got Reeves and the guy I wanted us to try and trade for (who we should have never traded in the first place)

is that all? We've needed this for a few years now

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

UPL .720 sv% vs BOS

Anderson .700 sv% vs NSH

I was at last night's game, and the problem with using this stat to blame the GT is the difference in the quality of the shots. Most of the shots from the Sabres were outside the slot (easier to defend a shot coming from one side or the other), and most of the chances the Preds got were point blank or odd man rushes. My impression (can't back it up with stats) on the season is there aren't many teams that give up more quality chances than the Sabres.

Yes, the Sabres need a high-quality GT, but any GT's stats will be significantly worse with the type of shots the Sabres D allows.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

We need to get bigger, nastier, guys who stand in front of the net and win faceoffs. at least 2 defensemen who know how to the play the position and play it well , I'd say at least 1 in the top 4 and of course a goalie.

Allย the big, nasty, guys line up here on the right โ€ฆ

ย 

directing d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

I was at last night's game, and the problem with using this stat to blame the GT is the difference in the quality of the shots. Most of the shots from the Sabres were outside the slot (easier to defend a shot coming from one side or the other), and most of the chances the Preds got were point blank or odd man rushes. My impression (can't back it up with stats) on the season is there aren't many teams that give up more quality chances than the Sabres.

Yes, the Sabres need a high-quality GT, but any GT's stats will be significantly worse with the type of shots the Sabres D allows.

This is exactly right. I did not watch any of last nightโ€™s game, but the people arguing that we outshot the Bruins being some sort of statement, is completely delusional. Those were the most pathetic shot attempts I have seen in quite some timeโ€ฆwe were even commenting on it while at the arena.

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I was in and out of consciousness by then, but I think Don said as a coach he's been in situations like this or worse than this and got out of it.

No, he hasn't.

Games 13-18 of "the streak" were his.ย ย 

He did get out of it.ย  By having Ullmark finally return from injury.

Helllllllooooooooo Devin Levi.ย  (Pretty sure that's the plan to get out of this funk.ย  Hope it works.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.