GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

I gave up at the end of period 1. My eye didn’t see what the analytics saw. My eye saw a team that was forced into poor passes and one off chances with hurried shots.  There were transient chances, but little sustained dangerous play. And Way too many forced and unforced turnovers. 

The goalie play was substandard.  But the play of the team was substandard overall.  I saw a Nashville team that was prepared to put sticks and bodies as close to a Sabre as possible, and a Sabres team that was unable to overcome the tight coverage.

If periods 2 and 3 were similar to period 1, that was a team wide beating, not a goalie beating.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Helllllllooooooooo Devin Levi.  (Pretty sure that's the plan to get out of this funk.  Hope it works.)

Yeah, and that ain’t a plan.

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

I gave up at the end of period 1. My eye didn’t see what the analytics saw. My eye saw a team that was forced into poor passes and one off chances with hurried shots.  There were transient chances, but little sustained dangerous play. And Way too many forced and unforced turnovers. 

The goalie play was substandard.  But the play of the team was substandard overall.  I saw a Nashville team that was prepared to put sticks and bodies as close to a Sabre as possible, and a Sabres team that was unable to overcome the tight coverage.

If periods 2 and 3 were similar to period 1, that was a team wide beating, not a goalie beating.

Yeah, and that ain’t a plan.

It's not a plan.  (At least not a good one.)

But it should be evidence banging Adams over the head that he needs a better option at #1 next year if he didn't already see that.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I fear they turn this over to Devon Levi and UPL next year. 

I have no desire to watch UPL ever play another NHL game. I know what he is. Big tender who overreacts to shots, has mediocre puck tracking, and bad rebound control. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Games 13-18 of "the streak" were his.  

He did get out of it.  By having Ullmark finally return from injury.

Helllllllooooooooo Devin Levi.  (Pretty sure that's the plan to get out of this funk.  Hope it works.)

A little hazy on the streak. No need to explain. It doesn't matter. I know that this is the first time HCDG has had an NHL team on the verge of the playoffs near the end of the season. There's nothing worse in his tenure to look back on to give any assurance he knows how to get out of the current situation. He may very well do so. I mean... Any day now, coach.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.