Blizzards of 2022

GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I think they'll go to Rochester tomorrow night and fly from there.

(The Bills flew back through ROC)

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

That's assuming they can get to Rochester.  Did the Bills actually make it to Buffalo yet?  I doubt it.

They are back

991BCA89-ECCC-453C-B21E-41FC8EB6937F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

That's assuming they can get to Rochester.  Did the Bills actually make it to Buffalo yet?  I doubt it.

There are pictures floating around of them digging out their cars at Prior Aviation.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Not sure I've ever experienced a storm like that. For two days I couldn't see out my windows. Shoveled the drift today, took 90 minutes but if I lived across the street I'd still be shoveling. 

Hoping wegmans is opened tomorrow so I can walk and get food. We have stuff but it's starting to get a little haphazard. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Spent another 90 mins outside snowblowing. Have most of my driveway done all the way to the street. Probably just in time for a plow to come down and bury the end of my driveway again 😂

Going back out in a couple hours to do  more 

picture is of my street about 3 hours after a plow came down once. It’s roughly 30-32” deep. The ends of driveways are roughly 45” deep.

E30EF10E-5078-432E-B3AA-4AE2C976993E.jpeg

That looks like the city of Lockport 

The city Lockport has limited snow removal equipment. It’s a joke they came thru with a high lift and made one pass

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Not sure I've ever experienced a storm like that. For two days I couldn't see out my windows. Shoveled the drift today, took 90 minutes but if I lived across the street I'd still be shoveling. 

Hoping wegmans is opened tomorrow so I can walk and get food. We have stuff but it's starting to get a little haphazard. 

Wegmans and Tops are both closed Monday per the late night news.

Yeah this was the craziest storm I've ever been through. The Buffalo Airport reported 50 consecutive reports of blizzard conditions, or over 34 hours straight...this is by FAR the longest ever in recorded history. 2nd place isn't even close. The combined duration and severity of the winds, heavy lake snows and whiteout conditions make this an all-timer.

6 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

That looks like the city of Lockport 

The city Lockport has limited snow removal equipment. It’s a joke they came thru with a high lift and made one pass

And Lockport "only" got 2 feet

Edited by matter2003

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wegmans and Tops are both closed Monday per the late night news.

I just called the Tops in Lewiston, and they answered the phone and said they are open today.  Again though here in Lewiston we never lost power and got a total about about 1-2 inches.

HOWEVER, I can't imagine the condition the store is in. A lot of shopping I'm sure happened at the end of last week, and I can't imagine when the last time they got a truck in to deliver stock.  

That might be the biggest issue with stores all this week in the area.  When will they open...tomorrow?  when they do open whatever is left on the shelf will be bought by a lot of anxious people who just want to buy anything.  Then, when will the stores get their next truck in? It might be a full week between deliveries at some supermarkets....and that isn't even considering what is left at the warehouses. The warehouses probably have stuff in stock, but it might be almost a week between them getting employees into work and having deliveries come in.

Grocery shopping might be a challenge or a scavenger hunt for the next few days at least.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Sad 1

We are working with a skeleton crew again, people are jammed in the WR with less than emergent things and they are getting ticked that they have to wait, news flash, if you're not dying, you're going to have to wait.... My patience with society is running very thin after these last 4 days from hell. 

The weather down here is not that bad, but it severely limits our capabilites and staffing. But it's a Monday after a holiday and the entitlement these people possess is mind-boggling. 

I hope everyone up north is crawling out, one of my colleagues from the Amherst area was able to make it so I am hoping that means that things are turning around up there. 

So out of complete boredom last night, and because I kept seeing the same two generic SUVs heading up and down the street, I checked to see if Uber was running in Buffalo.  Sure enough, I could get a ride to bars on Elmwood if I wanted to.  (I stayed in.)  Operating right under the driving ban.

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So out of complete boredom last night, and because I kept seeing the same two generic SUVs heading up and down the street, I checked to see if Uber was running in Buffalo.  Sure enough, I could get a ride to bars on Elmwood if I wanted to.  (I stayed in.)  Operating right under the driving ban.

Essential services?

Up here in Northern Niagara county things aren't that bad. Some roads totally cleared (just wet) some with many an inch of snow on them.  I ventured out to Tops (in lewiston) and stopped at a 7-11 in norther Niagara Falls, not too far from Niagara University.

-No problems driving here at all, even the other cars on the roads were fine, no accidents, no one stranded, etc. That is what happens I guess when you only have a few inches.

-Tops was Busy.  Bread section basically wiped out, dairy and frozen sections a little empty but not too bad. Parking lot almost full and took a while to check out.  A few people in line near me were grumbling about  busy it was and how long it was taking to check out....Seriously? Where else do you need to be where you can't wait in line for 5 minutes more than usual?

-7-11 was open I got a coffee.  Store had sections TOTALLY wiped out.  Shelve were more than half empty, and some parts of the coolers or freezers were 90%+ empty.  Roads once you crossed the line into the City of Niagara falls weren't all plowed, but they maybe had just a couple inches more than we had in Lewiston, so they still were in pretty good shape.

Hoping things get back to normal soon, but kinda grateful we didn't get hit badly. I have lived in the metro area before and know how bad things can get when you are stuck in your home for days in storms/blizzards so just want this to end soon for everyone.

Edited by mjd1001

Sad to see the death toll at 25 in Erie county so far ☹️

Neighbors starting to dig out more and more.

Disgusting to see scum bags looting.

WBEN is a great resource for updated info and for people to call in if they are in dire circumstances. Many stories of neighbors helping neighbors once they heard of their issues on WBEN. 

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Up here in Northern Niagara county things aren't that bad. Some roads totally cleared (just wet) some with many an inch of snow on them.  I ventured out to Tops (in lewiston) and stopped at a 7-11 in norther Niagara Falls, not too far from Niagara University.

-No problems driving here at all, even the other cars on the roads were fine, no accidents, no one stranded, etc. That is what happens I guess when you only have a few inches.

-Tops was Busy.  Bread section basically wiped out, dairy and frozen sections a little empty but not too bad. Parking lot almost full and took a while to check out.  A few people in line near me were grumbling about  busy it was and how long it was taking to check out....Seriously? Where else do you need to be where you can't wait in line for 5 minutes more than usual?

-7-11 was open I got a coffee.  Store had sections TOTALLY wiped out.  Shelve were more than half empty, and some parts of the coolers or freezers were 90%+ empty.  Roads once you crossed the line into the City of Niagara falls weren't all plowed, but they maybe had just a couple inches more than we had in Lewiston, so they still were in pretty good shape.

Hoping things get back to normal soon, but kinda grateful we didn't get hit badly. I have lived in the metro area before and know how bad things can get when you are stuck in your home for days in storms/blizzards so just want this to end soon for everyone.

If it helps, there is an Erie County Tops open on Broadway in the Town of Alden.  It was easily the busiest we've ever seen that store, so we opted for Save A Lot further down the street.

The roads are fine in Elma and points east, thus far.  Broadway is down to the pavement.  It's a relief to simply leave the house for the first time since Thursday evening.

We are blessed to have not had it that bad for the duration of the blizzard.  We never lost power or any trees and just have some branches down.  After having just shy of 70" of snow last month, we can deal with the 3-4' that we received now.  I hope that the rest of you are safe and healthy.

39 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

6 feet here. A good 8 feet at the road here in Amherst. 

Where are you in Amherst?

Im in Williamsville near transit and Sheridan and we have approx 32-35”

end of driveway plow height is approx 45-48”

Just walked the neighborhood streets for 30 mins, and many people are clearing out or already cleared out.

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Looting going on in the city over the weekend taking advantage of police not being able to respond.  

I am sure they are just misunderstood people. 

It’s also verified it’s not just food and medicine in many cases. It’s disgusting. ☹️

Price gouging going on in a few corner stores and plowing services. Sad.

A couple elderly people were quoted $400 to clear a shorter driveway in Buffalo. Sick…

There has also been heavy criticism from towns around the country who get a ton of snowfall. Asking the local  “leadership”, WTF are you doing? Very poor planning and execution before the storm even hit.😔

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.