Blizzards of 2022

GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Don't have to worry about "ONLY" 12" this time...we will be lucky if it's ONLY 36"...potential high end projections are around 50"

image.thumb.png.5bdf00845d01335f9f01a3fe5c7fb3bf.png

Wow. That is something. Where did you get that graphic?

Edited by SwampD

I am on a stretch of work in the south (near PA) it's very windy and cold, but we are avoiding the worst of it down here. I was thankful that I drove in last night in the rain and just got to the hotel and I'm working through Tuesday. I see that at my house it's - 6 with wind chill of - 30 and I am just hoping that I don't arrive on Tuesday to much damage from the wind/trees. 

The only major downside is that no other major hospitals are accepting any transfers, we have no staff to man the ICU or hospital for that matter properly. So we're kinda in a tough spot with the real tricky cases. 

I am not kidding...I am seriously pissed off at my parents, one of whom is mentally handicapped, the other of whom is physically handicapped, for driving to Dash's today even though they have everything a person possibly could need at home. It really did take them 30 mins to drive back seven blocks. I need to vent and this is where I'm doing it.  It's like dealing with two toddlers but with driver licenses, I've rearranged my life to care for these two, and I'm pissed off.

Edited by Eleven
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I am not kidding...I am seriously pissed off at my parents, one of whom is mentally handicapped, the other of whom is physically handicapped, for driving to Dash's today even though they have everything a person possibly could need at home. It really did take them 30 mins to drive back seven blocks. I need to vent and this is where I'm doing it.  It's like dealing with two toddlers but with driver licenses, I've rearranged my life to care for these two, and I'm pissed off.

I understand your frustration and you have every right to be upset. 

But please let it go and enjoy every minute and moment with your parents. 

I lost both of mine being pissed off at them for stupid things .

Dont go out like me 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Don't have to worry about "ONLY" 12" this time...we will be lucky if it's ONLY 36"...potential high end projections are around 50"

image.thumb.png.5bdf00845d01335f9f01a3fe5c7fb3bf.png

Now they have increased projections to 4-5 feet...already more than a foot so far officially at the airport as of 7pm

Edited by matter2003

53 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I hear you.  I went through a number of "head shakers" with my parents as they aged too.  They were stubborn and really wanted to maintain their independence when they were still living at home together.  My Dad died just over a year ago and my Mom is in a home now.  All the best to you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

For anyone lucky enough NOT to be in this area...here is a good view of what it looks like.

The winds were blowing it so hard that it was turned into something resembling concrete that had to have specialized equipment to remove it because the normal plows and equipment wasn't getting it done.

Had never heard that but maybe that was part of why they had to use snow throwers rather than plows.  The big issue was the slow was so deep the plows couldn't plow through.

Snow throwers didn't have any issue w/ the "concrete."

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Dont go out like me 

Your best post ever.  

My Dad turns 90 in 2023.  His 6 kids and 16 grandkids are throwing a BIG party.   The only unfortunate thing is my mom, all of Dad’s siblings and cousins, and most of his many friends are gone.  But it still will be quite a special event.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Dont go out like me 

Agree...I spent the last year or two being frustrated every Bills game watching it with my Mom, which was our tradition because she was becoming forgetful and would ask questions I had answered several times before...she passed away the summer before the Bills broke their 17 year playoff drought...I always say they had someone up in heaven putting in a good word for them...

I would give anything to watch one more game with her...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Weave said:

The lake froze early that year, and it was a relatively snowy year, so there was a bunch of old snow piled up on Lake Erie that ended up in Erie Co.  That’s the balamce of the 100”.  Drifts were in the range of 10-20’.

Oh I remember the drifts.  Crazy.

Shades of 1985.  What a doozy.  Glad to be home and have power.  Kids are stuck about an hour away from us, but they are with family so they are OK.  

Relaxing, cooking a bunch of meals, having an occasional cocktail.  What else are you gonna do?  At an earlier age we might’ve had a Storm Surprise.  Thankfully thats not a risk anymore LOL

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's tough, hang in their bro. My mom  kept wanting to cook when she could barely walk, but there was no stopping her. The house never burned down which I am thankful for 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.