GDT:Sabres at Seattle 10/25/22 10pm, MSG, Root WGR550

Brawndo

The Kraken beat the Avalanche but lost to the Blackhawks... so idk what this team is but we should be able to match their lines. Hoping that Thompson continues to warm up as I felt like the last couple of games were much better from him. I predict an Asplund goal and a Jack Quinn goal. 

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Let’s Go, Buffalo!!

I’m hoping the team didn't get after it *too* hard on their off day.

Thompson scores and has a multipoint game.

Careers and money at stake in lots of ways. I'd be surprised if these pros get after it like pros did in the past. I'd probably be surprised.

Edited by PASabreFan

I'm curious as to whether Krebsie will get back in.  I didn't see much from Quinn vs the Canucks, other than missing an open net from the doorstep. 

(I'm not really worried about Quinn over the long term -- I just think that it will take him a little while to get up to NHL speed.  In the meantime though I think Krebs has played better than Quinn has, although neither of them has set the NHL on fire.)

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm curious as to whether Krebsie will get back in.  I didn't see much from Quinn vs the Canucks, other than missing an open net from the doorstep. 

(I'm not really worried about Quinn over the long term -- I just think that it will take him a little while to get up to NHL speed.  In the meantime though I think Krebs has played better than Quinn has, although neither of them has set the NHL on fire.)

He'll get back in.

But expect it'll be Thursday night.  The other 2 guys sat twice in a row & it was reported Krebs was rotating in at practice yesterday.  If that report was correct then he sits tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Hope everyone is rested and ready to go battle the dianoga rathtars summa-verminoth tentacle monsters.

They're averaging 3 goals/game and they've been consistent in their scoring, but their goaltending remains weak (4 goals/game allowed -- and also consistent, as they've given up 4 or more goals in 5 games). Very up and down (beat the Avalanche, but then blew 2 leads to the Blackhawks). They will battle and scrap though, unlike where we saw the Canucks wilt in the 3rd. It'll be a good test to close out the road trip.

Lock Sabre-foils in attack position!

iduNtkT.gif?noredirect

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Defenseman Rasmus Dahlin leads the team in scoring with eight points (5+3) and was named the NHL's First Star of the Week. Dahlin made history on Thursday as the first NHL defenseman to score in each of his first four games of a season and then added to that streak with a goal on Saturday.

The Kraken are 2-3-2 and 0-2-1 on home ice so far in 2022-23. 

Here are some of the top Game Notes from @SabresPR:

• This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Kraken this season.
• Last meeting: Seattle defeated Buffalo 7-4 in Buffalo on Nov. 29, 2021.
• Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 10 in Buffalo

• This is the 3rd game all-time between Buffalo and Seattle; Buffalo has a 0-2-0 series record.
• The Sabres are 0-1-0 on the road against the Kraken all-time.

• A win tonight would give the Sabres a win in five of their first six games for the first time since the 2019-20 season. 
• A win would also give Buffalo the franchise's first ever win against Seattle.

• The Sabres are seeking a win tonight to notch their first four-game road winning streak since the team won five straight road contests from Nov. 8 to 24, 2018. 
• Dating back to last season, Buffalo has won its last six road games against Western Conference opponents and six of its last seven games away from home overall. 

• Per NHL Stats, Dahlin is the third defenseman in the past 13 years to record a five-game goal streak, joining Cale Makar (5 GP in 2021-22) and Roman Josi (5 GP in 2019-20).
• Only six defensemen in NHL history have ever scored a goal in six consecutive games. Mike Green of the Washington Capitals accomplished the feat most recently when he scored 10 goals during an NHL-record eight-game streak from Jan, 27 to Feb. 14, 2009.
• If he scores tonight, Dahlin would become the 11th player in Sabres history, and the first since Jason Pominville (6 games) during the 2006-07 season, to score a goal in six straight games.

• Dahlin (5+3), Alex Tuch (6+1), Casey Mittelstadt (1+4) and Victor Olofsson (4+1) have all recorded five or more points through Buffalo's first five games. 
• Vinnie Hinostroza has recorded four points (0+4) through his first three games of the season. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-seattle-kraken-game-preview-road-trip-october-25-2022/c-336776778

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.