GDT:Sabres at Seattle 10/25/22 10pm, MSG, Root WGR550

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Grubauer is on IR. I don’t even know who there backup is.

I hope Borgen score 4 goals tonight and plays 45 minutes so this ridiculous  expansion draft narrative can continue.😀

Martin Jones. Yup. They had poor goaltending last season and signed Martin Jones as a UFA to a 1-yr/$2M contract.

Jones has been Hutton-level since Hutton became Hutton-level.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Yes, their goaltending hasn't worked out the way they planned and is a definite weak spot.  Borgen has played well but their D is also a little iffy at times. Top half of their line up can score though. 

If we were healthy on D I'd say we'd be favoured, but with the banged up D and maybe some road fatigue this one could go either way.

One thing I do know, I've never seen the Kraken quit. They will play until the end so Sabres need to be ready for that. 

The fan reaction here will be fun to read when Borgen bangs somebody into the boards. He likes to do that. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

I honestly don’t care how good he is. I just need someone that can handle rough stuff. Teams, like the Bruins, are going to try to intimidate our fleet of young players.  I know Cozens has stepped up and Dahlin doesn’t appear to be taking ***** from anyone, but I don’t really want either of those guys getting involved with other teams meatheads. 

I looked at the Hockey Fights website and found that Casey Fitzgerald (5'11' 188lbs) has 5 AHL and 4 NHL fights.  He has played in 38 NHL games and has 36 PIM.   Will Borgen (6'3" and 205) has played 57 games and has 41 PIM.  Will has 3 AHL and 3 NHL fights.   I don't see much difference in their games.  Maybe Borgen is a better player, but I cannot say that I saw that in his limited time with us. 

As far as wanting him as a fighter Borgen is bigger, but Fitz has shown he is willing to defend his teammates and has taken on bigger guys.  

If Borgen were a Sabre he would probably be battling Fitz for the #7 defenseman, maybe at best he would be battling Bryson for #6.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If Borgen were a Sabre he would probably be battling Fitz for the #7 defenseman, maybe at best he would be battling Bryson for #6.   

With everyone healthy, Boushh wouldn't be a Sabre this season as Bryson-Borgen would be pairing #3. He's not Lyubushkin yet, but will be similar when he's Boushh's age.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

With everyone healthy, Boushh wouldn't be a Sabre this season as Bryson-Borgen would be pairing #3. He's not Lyubushkin yet, but will be similar when he's Boushh's age.

I wish there was a maybe response emoji.  

Not so sure Adams would have passed on Luby even if we had Borgen.  It's just more Borgen folklore to me.  

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is probably true. 

I've said for ages I wished they'd found a way to keep Borgen but they didn't so we have to move on. 

The question now is do we trade a Quinn or Krebs or some other prospect for a D man or do we ride the injuries out as is? I still think we'd be better off with one more decent D man on the roster. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I honestly don’t care how good he is. I just need someone that can handle rough stuff. Teams, like the Bruins, are going to try to intimidate our fleet of young players.  I know Cozens has stepped up and Dahlin doesn’t appear to be taking ***** from anyone, but I don’t really want either of those guys getting involved with other teams meatheads. 

You obviously don't watch the Bruins. No longer a tough team at all. Washington might bang us around but right now Tampa and Florida are both tougher than the Bruins. We're not a small team in truth and there is no reason to think we can't stand up to physical teams. It's not the chosen style of the team, but we have some big bodies and guys like Dahlin are already letting it be known they will no longer be pushed around. 

27 minutes ago, Bors said:

Is there any way to watch MSG if you don't have it with your TV provider? I have Dish Network that doesn't carry MSG. Or are there any other ways to watch Sabres games? 

Does Dish still have Center Ice available as a stand alone subscription?  It used to have it.

If so, you'll get most (but not all) the games for ~$70.  (Higher quality picture than streaming.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.