GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR
  • SDS pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, Weave said:

Quit it.  Game day thread means game day.

No. Can’t mess with the juju.  Until they lose 10.pm the day prior. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As you wish.

As for ticket sales, not that good. Maybe there will be a strong walk-up.

Panthers.jpg

I’ll be one of those in attendance.  First game in 3 years.  Is the party in the plaza any good?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, steveoath said:

Moaar hockey!

This will be a harder test, cats will be good. Hope for an impressive debut from Comrie. 

Still high on the hopium so I'll go for 3-2 sabres. Dahlin on the PP for the gwg. 

Will they? They dumped a good defender and a good coach this offseason. I think it's their first game too so we need to go at them hard.

• Like (+1) 1

Panthers are a good team but I think they are weaker than last season. Weegar was a big part of their D and Marchment was a solid scorer and a physical presence.

Sabres can hang with them if they build on the last game and Comrie is solid.

Sabres 4 Panthers 3 in OT.

Dahlin with 2A and Cozens with his first of the season to win it.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, inkman said:

No. Can’t mess with the juju.  Until they lose 10.pm the day prior. 

I used to be this superstitious. Nothing we do has any effect on the outcome of games.

Hopefully we lose today so this can stop now. It’s a long season and this shouldn’t become a thing.

No way I’m giving up a sunny afternoon in October to watch hockey. A dreary afternoon in February?… sure. Not in the fall, though.

ROCK’EM SABRES!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I used to be this superstitious. Nothing we do has any effect on the outcome of games.

Hopefully we lose today so this can stop now. It’s a long season and this shouldn’t become a thing.

No way I’m giving up a sunny afternoon in October to watch hockey. A dreary afternoon in February?… sure. Not in the fall, though.

ROCK’EM SABRES!!!!

I’ve worn royal blue underwear for every Bills game the last 3 seasons.  It’s not stopping soon.  😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hope we go 82-0 for no other reason than for people to continue to complain about when a thread gets posted 😭 

By the All-Star Game, we'll have threads started for every game through the rest of the season (as well as all 16 postseason games).

The Panthers are so solid up front, even losing Marchment and with Duclair on IR. I love Forsling and Ekblad, but the rest of that blue line is unimpressive for a team with Cup aspirations.

Brandon Montour played 24 minutes for them in the opener and their bottom pairing is 2 guys who shouldn’t be in the NHL. And without Marchment and Duclair, they are 2 lines up front, not 3.

They had 3 guys skate less than 10 minutes in the opener and 3 more less than 12.

This is a team with no depth.

Their best players remain studs though and they toyed with us last year.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Too soon for me to really gauge how we'll do today.  If I'm remembering correctly I believe we had some good matinees last season.  Obviously this will be a great test for Comrie and really get everyone playing in sync.

I feel like this might be tight game, 3-1 Sabres win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.