GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I used to be this superstitious. Nothing we do has any effect on the outcome of games.

Hopefully we lose today so this can stop now. It’s a long season and this shouldn’t become a thing.

No way I’m giving up a sunny afternoon in October to watch hockey. A dreary afternoon in February?… sure. Not in the fall, though.

ROCK’EM SABRES!!!!

I'm not really superstitious...but. 

Quantum mechanics has shown that particles are affected by merely measuring their state. So if a particle can be impacted by one person making an observation, what happens when thousands of people focus on one outcome?

Just sayin'

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Quantum mechanics has shown that particles are affected by merely measuring their state. So if a particle can be impacted by one person making an observation, what happens when thousands of people focus on one outcome?

Just sayin'

I thought that's because in order to observe a particle, a photon has to bounce off of it and back to whatever is observing/measuring it. The photon hitting it thus alters it's location/velocity/etc. Is this correct, physics people?

Upshot: we must confirm creating the 10pm thread hits the Sabres with photons

Edited by erickompositör72
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Watched only part of the first game from O'Hare.  I'll miss today's game watching my son play baseball.

The sports gods do not want me viewing Buffalo sports teams right now.

That is the right call dad! Get updates on phone!

20 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I thought that's because in order to observe a particle, a photon has to bounce off of it and back to whatever is observing/measuring it. The photon hitting it thus alters it's location/velocity/etc. Is this correct, physics people?

•Quantum state is a conglomeration of several possible outcomes of measurement of physical properties Quantum mechanics uses the language of PROBABILITY theory (random chance) •An observer cannot observe a microscopic system without altering some of its properties.

I have a PhD in knowledge for dummies. 

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just sayin'

26 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

So basically what you both are saying , as a collective, if all us Sabres fans, whom are watching sed game, focus on the same action, or object, and master this ability, we can influence the outcomes of sed games. 

And if we can do that with hockey games imagine what else could be done.

Or maybe I'm just high...

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

So basically what you both are saying , as a collective, if all us Sabres fans, whom are watching sed game, focus on the same action, or object, and master this ability, we can influence the outcomes of sed games. 

And if we can do that with hockey games imagine what else could be done.

Or maybe I'm just high...

This is exactly how it works, why do you think so much money and effort is put into the mainstream "news" networks (on both sides), and controlling the narritive? Because what the masses of people believe and where their attentions lays literally alters reality.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.