Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Because he's WAAAAY older than that.  He's been 20 for almost 3 full weeks.  😉

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

The reason that I find it so hard to believe that Power is just 19 is because he is actually 20.

Thanks to you as well. Power is an old man now. Still not old enough to drink legally, but one helluva D man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

To bring this back around to the NHL, the attendance of the Penguins/Blue Jackets game looks pretty close to a Tuesday Sabres game.

I think the Guins are done.

My son is hoping to go Saturday. He's a student at Pitt, gf is a student at Duquesne. They are offering something like $30 tickets for best available seat for Duequesne college students, day of deal only.  Yeah https://www.nhl.com/penguins/tickets/student-rush  It's a good idea TP should consider. Though, on the other hand not sure I want 4 hammered UB kids puking on me in my Chet & Muffy half-season package for $30 a pop. Can go to a Bills game for that nonsense, hehe.

A little off topic, but I had a discussion the other day about a 'players around the league issue'

If/When there ever is another World cup of hockey, or Olympics, how close would the USA be now to matching Canada's top lines up front. 

With McDavid and McKinnon for Canada down the center, tough to match...but....the USA would be able to roll out somthing like:

Mathews, Thompson, and Eichel at Centers....with Wingers including Jason Robertson, both Tkachuks, Jack Hughes (at C or wing) Gaudreau and Maybe Kreider or Kyle Conner.

I might prefer Canada up front overall, but I could see a USA team/lineup like that having games where they are better.

Edited by mjd1001

On 12/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Thorny said:

Couple of noteworthy Sabres mentions in this thread, an early season stats-based awards take.

Dahlin 4th mention for Norris

Quinn 1st mention for Calder

Peterka 4th mention for Calder

How is Power not in the argument for the Calder?

Just now, SwampD said:

So, you are saying that he was hit so hard by the stick that he was knocked out causing him to fall?

No.

I didn't say he was knocked out. I'm saying you watched someone get whacked in the back of the head in slow motion. Your body's reaction to getting hit there when not expecting it is to lurch forward away from the impact and there's a little delay in that while your brain processes what the hell happened. He's standing on skates and lost his balance. If you'd like me to whack you with a hockey stick while we film it in slow motion I'm willing. 

That's not a dive.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

I didn't say he was knocked out. I'm saying you watched someone get whacked in the back of the head in slow motion. Your body's reaction to getting hit there when not expecting it is to lurch forward away from the impact and there's a little delay in that while your brain processes what the hell happened. He's standing on skates and lost his balance. If you'd like me to whack you with a hockey stick while we film it in slow motion I'm willing. 

That's not a dive.

I disagree.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.