Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Why 

Very fair question. 

I was born into it.  

My dad is a Sabres die-hard and I was brainwashed into it before ever having a conscious choice. 

- - - 

I was shaped by it. Moulded by it. The first time I saw the light of a different NHL team...it was BLINDING

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Very fair question. 

I was born into it.  

My dad is a Sabres die-hard and I was brainwashed into it before ever having a conscious choice. 

- - - 

I was shaped by it. Moulded by it. The first time I saw the light of a different NHL team...it was BLINDING

Lol u crazy Thorny 

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Selkie voting thus far, by fans

Some notable names among the top 10

#6 is kind of surprising.  Always thought by his last 2 years in Buffalo he was significantly better* in his own end than he got credit for but never thought we'd see the day people considered him one of the 10 best defensive F's in the league by any possible stretch.

*  Provided he wasn't on the ice with Ristolainen.  Those 2 together were a series high danger chances against just waiting to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

I haven't watched any Bruins games, is Bergeron having that good of a year or is this vote based on reputation?

I feel like it’s the Bergeron award at this point tbh, no? 

I’m not even sure myself 

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

#6 is kind of surprising.  Always thought by his last 2 years in Buffalo he was significantly better* in his own end than he got credit for but never thought we'd see the day people considered him one of the 10 best defensive F's in the league by any possible stretch.

*  Provided he wasn't on the ice with Ristolainen.  Those 2 together were a series high danger chances against just waiting to happen.

Risto, with anybody, was a danger waiting to happen, sadly. 

4 hours ago, Hank said:

I haven't watched any Bruins games, is Bergeron having that good of a year or is this vote based on reputation?

He is having a very good year so far. Both him and Krejci are thriving in Montgomery's system . There are very few Bruins looking bad right now. Probably only Craig Smith and maybe Zboril. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Surprising? Guys like Jack Eichel and Phil Kessel taking a night off, I think I've seen that before. 

Kessel usually has one good rush each game and then he’s done. He’s 35 and doesn’t have that jump like he use to. Eichel on the other hand is he’s just lazy. He’s leaves you wanting more and did I tell you guys is he’s really bad on faceoffs!

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Kessel usually has one good rush each game and then he’s done. He’s 35 and doesn’t have that jump like he use to. Eichel on the other hand is he’s just lazy. He’s leaves you wanting more and did I tell you guys is he’s really bad on faceoffs!

They were actually commenting on that during the Kraken Vegas game. Apparently Cassidy is not happy with it either so we will see how long their love affair lasts. Cassidy is notorious for calling out players in front of their team mates and I doubt that'd sit well with Jack and his ego. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kas23 said:

Given her psych issues, I feel very bad for her. But what did the Canucks do?

They were aware (she disclosed her issues in interview) then Castonguay decided to tell her she was not mentally tough enough for the job. Then had a go for sharing an article where boudreau had praised her and using that as another excuse to get rid of her. The issue is that the same "talking to press" reason  was not used equally to reprimand colleagues who did exactly the same. 

Like her or not (I do), I think if I what she is claiming is true Castonguay will be next out. And Rachel will probably never work with another organisation. Which is sad as I think she is a talented analyst.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

They were aware (she disclosed her issues in interview) then Castonguay decided to tell her she was not mentally tough enough for the job. Then had a go for sharing an article where boudreau had praised her and using that as another excuse to get rid of her. The issue is that the same "talking to press" reason  was not used equally to reprimand colleagues who did exactly the same. 

Like her or not (I do), I think if I what she is claiming is true Castonguay will be next out. And Rachel will probably never work with another organisation. Which is sad as I think she is a talented analyst.

We have one side of the story.  There is at least 1 more side to the whole thing.  Will reserve judgment until having more info.  2 items that will come out in the action (don't know whether they'll become public but the board reviewing this will get the info) that would greatly affect which side is "right" (IMHO, YMMV) are why her boss told her she was 'mentally weak' (or whatever the phrase was, not re-reading the complaint, that phrase gets the jist of what she os alleged to have said).  That seems a very odd thing to state without there being more that came earlier in the exchange.  (And realize she is diagnosed w/ PTSD, but that in itself would not seem to warrant that put down.  (Maybe it did, but would like to know more context there.))

The other item which would be material to her claims is was Yeo approved to speak to journalists for whatever reason?  He very well might've been approved to speak w/ them having had speaking to journalists a big part of at least 2 of his prior jobs (HC of the Wild & then the Blues; he would've had a lot of experience in that area and MIGHT have been approved to do so because of that experience).  And, while it may have been  "colleagues" only 1 example was cited.  And again, due to his background, he may very well have been permitted ahead of time to speak on behalf of the 'Nucks.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

We have one side of the story.  There is at least 1 more side to the whole thing.  Will reserve judgment until having more info.  2 items that will come out in the action (don't know whether they'll become public but the board reviewing this will get the info) that would greatly affect which side is "right" (IMHO, YMMV) are why her boss told her she was 'mentally weak' (or whatever the phrase was, not re-reading the complaint, that phrase gets the jist of what she os alleged to have said).  That seems a very odd thing to state without there being more that came earlier in the exchange.  (And realize she is diagnosed w/ PTSD, but that in itself would not seem to warrant that put down.  (Maybe it did, but would like to know more context there.))

The other item which would be material to her claims is was Yeo approved to speak to journalists for whatever reason?  He very well might've been approved to speak w/ them having had speaking to journalists a big part of at least 2 of his prior jobs (HC of the Wild & then the Blues; he would've had a lot of experience in that area and MIGHT have been approved to do so because of that experience).  And, while it may have been  "colleagues" only 1 example was cited.  And again, due to his background, he may very well have been permitted ahead of time to speak on behalf of the 'Nucks.

Re: Yao, she says he wasn't reprimanded. She has no possible way of knowing what was said to him in someone else's office. Also, her speaking to the media wasn't the reason for her termination according to her complaint, she still had her job and went on at least one business trip after she was reprimanded for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.