Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

On 12/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, rickshaw said:

Bo Horvat rejected Canucks offer recently. He’s now apparent he market. If I’m Buffalo I’m seriously looking into his services and whether he’d sign extension. 

I like me some Bo Horvat, but he doesn't play defense or goal and he fills the role I want Cozens to take 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Boom

See, now there's a little thing Adams could have done. Fifth round pick in 2025, so like basically nothing. Before the pacifists chime in on this Guerin sounds like my kind of GM. Here's what he said about the trade: 

"(New York general manager) Chris Drury and I talked for a couple of weeks about it," Minnesota GM Bill Guerin said. "Obviously, he was a popular player there. He did a lot of good things for that team but, you know, hadn't been playing on a regular basis of late. But for us, I just feel that what Ryan brings as a player, the way he plays his role is elite. And, more importantly than that, or just as importantly as that, he brings a lot of energy. He's just always full of energy.

"He's a big personality. I think right now, that's something our team really needs. I mean, we've always had good guys, good teammates, and things like that. I just feel like we could use you know, a little shot of that, and I think he definitely supplies it." 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

See, now there's a little thing Adams could have done. Fifth round pick in 2025, so like basically nothing. Before the pacifists chime in on this Guerin sounds like my kind of GM. Here's what he said about the trade: 

"(New York general manager) Chris Drury and I talked for a couple of weeks about it," Minnesota GM Bill Guerin said. "Obviously, he was a popular player there. He did a lot of good things for that team but, you know, hadn't been playing on a regular basis of late. But for us, I just feel that what Ryan brings as a player, the way he plays his role is elite. And, more importantly than that, or just as importantly as that, he brings a lot of energy. He's just always full of energy.

"He's a big personality. I think right now, that's something our team really needs. I mean, we've always had good guys, good teammates, and things like that. I just feel like we could use you know, a little shot of that, and I think he definitely supplies it." 

Is Foligno available now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You're really going to toss out a guy with 3pts in 22 games as something Adams could have done? What a weird hill to try and die on, I mean wtf are we even doing here? You're argument is "Adams could have brought this 36yr old 4th liner who hit a guy this one time." Reaves isn't even good in the defensive zone either, he's basically a JAG. He's like lesser Kyle Okposo. Again, just bizarre that anytime anyone else does anything, a group around here has the response of "WHY DIDN"T ADAMS DO THAT!?!?!?" I mean... okay I guess. 

Katy Perry Nod GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

I have noticed that for a long long time. Any team who acquires another player through waivers, Some fans think the Sabres GM should definitely have put in a claim for that player. And it happens with almost every single GD player. Which then, sometimes breeds the ”GM isn’t doing anything”  mantra.

Interesting to say the least.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You're really going to toss out a guy with 3pts in 22 games as something Adams could have done? What a weird hill to try and die on, I mean wtf are we even doing here? You're argument is "Adams could have brought this 36yr old 4th liner who hit a guy this one time." Reaves isn't even good in the defensive zone either, he's basically a JAG. He's like lesser Kyle Okposo. Again, just bizarre that anytime anyone else does anything, a group around here has the response of "WHY DIDN"T ADAMS DO THAT!?!?!?" I mean... okay I guess. 

He's not relied upon for points

Have you ever played ice hockey before 

20 minutes ago, Refuting said:

He's not relied upon for points

Have you ever played ice hockey before 

How many wins can you attribute Reaves as the difference in?

While that’s tough to quantify, a big hit highlight is just that.  A highlight. Your insinuation that he makes his team harder to play against is only your opinion. There isn’t any proof (he is a -5 in twelve games with the wild…and yes I’ve played ice hockey before).

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

How many wins can you attribute Reaves as the difference in?

While that’s tough to quantify, a big hit highlight is just that.  A highlight. Your insinuation that he makes his team harder to play against is only your opinion. There isn’t any proof (he is a -5 in twelve games with the wild…and yes I’ve played ice hockey before).

That's not an opinion

Didn't ask you I asked LGR 

Just now, Refuting said:

So you're opposed to adding toughness, I see. Lol 

Not opposed to adding toughness at all. I’d just prefer that it was getting more than 10 minutes of ice time vs. the opponents’ better lines. But good for Reaves, he really makes those opposing 4th liners earn all of the negligible points they'd struggle to get anyway. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Not opposed to adding toughness at all. I’d just prefer that it was getting more than 10 minutes of ice time vs. the opponents’ better lines. But good for Reaves, he really makes those opposing 4th liners earn all of the negligible points they'd struggle to get anyway. 😂

It's easy to say someone's idea is stupid without providing one of your own Lol

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Katy Perry Nod GIF

Is that addressed to me or to Bill Guerin because my post, if you noticed, was based on his words as GM of the Wild. So I guess in your opinion he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. 

I kind of expected you'd jump in on this as it's your usual mantra but you're dead wrong on this point as usual. You can't seem to grasp that players like Dahlin would get a lot more time and space to do their thing and would be hassled a lot less with a few guys like Reaves on our roster. Would I rather have Marcus Foligno? Sure. But Reaves was available. Foligno is not. The comparison to Kyle is ridiculous. What is Kyle going to do if someone hassles Dahlin? Give the guy stern talking to? Come on man, wake up. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.