Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

40 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That really needs to be adjusted. It never will, but it's a terrible look. 

It’s beyond stupid and calls into question how hard is the league trying to maintain competitive balance. From where I sit, they appear to not give one flying *****.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I bet Mark Stone's back is already feeling a lot better aka Kucherov's supposed injury last year.

Mark Stone was injured but he probably could have played earlier if they weren’t easily in the playoffs.

The timing prevented them from having to perform some kind of cap gymnastics that Dubas can only dream about.

I hope the league does something to tighten down on this. Kucherov came back for game 1 in top form.

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Mark Stone was injured but he probably could have played earlier if they weren’t easily in the playoffs.

The timing prevented them from having to perform some kind of cap gymnastics that Dubas can only dream about.

I hope the league does something to tighten down on this. Kucherov came back for game 1 in top form.

The solution to me is simple: keep the salary cap constraints into the post season.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, shrader said:

I don't pay much attention to Chicago.  How much gas does Toews have left in the tank for that veteran leader role he's going to play next year?  Here, somewhere else, I'm curious to see how that works out for him.

He's another one I would not want near our team. 

ETA: his conduct throughout the Kyle Beach investigation did not scream "good guy" to me. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/blackhawks/2021/10/27/jonathan-toews-comments-kyle-beach-investigation-chicago-blackhawks/8578775002/

Edited by steveoath

21 minutes ago, Weave said:

My memory is Darcy tried, but the league told him that Connolly and (don’t remember) had to play before season end to qualify for the playoffs.

That's the way we were told the story.  Whether the league actually told him Connolly wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs without playing any regular season games or if that was an excuse for not having tried to add more at the deadline is a question for another day.

59 minutes ago, Weave said:

My memory is Darcy tried, but the league told him that Connolly and (don’t remember) had to play before season end to qualify for the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's the way we were told the story.  Whether the league actually told him Connolly wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs without playing any regular season games or if that was an excuse for not having tried to add more at the deadline is a question for another day.

Connolly, Afinogenov, and 1 other player would not have been able to play in round 1.  With the shenanigans we have seen since, I get angrier every year.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

The solution to me is simple: keep the salary cap constraints into the post season.

The main issue there is the injury creep. A team could get in major trouble if they lost a top player for a couple games. Seeing as LTIR requires a week out. My suggestion would be a 10% cap overage for the starting lineup each playoff game. You can call up 40 players but only 83.5 + 10% (so 8.35mil) can play in any game

49 minutes ago, Marvin said:

And the kicked goal by the Islanders cost us the playoff spot.

Butterfly effect, my dude. We can never know. 

And don’t forget Charlie Conway to Gordon Bombay, when Gordon was lamenting being an inch from scoring when he hit the post: “Sure, but an inch the other way, you miss completely”

Hadn't realized it until just now, but not only did the Ducks take the 32nd spot in the NHL, but their farm club the San Diego Gulls finished in 32nd in the AHL by a full 20 points less than the 31st club had.  

Maybe Johnson wants to go there, not because of his dad but because he thinks he can be in their top 4 on day 1 and not have to worry about getting bumped for about 4 years.

Didn't realize what a mess than or-gan-eye-zay-shun actually is.  Wow.

(And the Bruins farm club had the 3rd best record in the league and the best in the east.  :censored: )

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

(And the Bruins farm club had the 3rd best record in the league and the best in the east.  :censored: )

Goaltender Bussi was best in the AHL was he not? I don't pay any attention to Providence, but I saw some Bruins fans talking about that. They have too many good goalies as it turns out. 

But this will make you happy. Bergeron's upper body injury will likely keep him out of game 1 so maybe the magical season will end badly after all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 2:27 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Oh fair enough, and not many people should want that, but I posted that for the Eichel getting hit, hitting back and being hit again. Thought some Sabres fans might find that amusing or bemusing perhaps. The fight was nothing really. 

Also, kind of restating how if I was KA I would have traded for Jeannot. 

NearCircularBassethound-size_restricted.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.