Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Refuting said:

It's easy to say someone's idea is stupid without providing one of your own Lol

The only “idea” you floated in our exchange was that I don’t want toughness on my team. I not only answered that “idea” I took the time to quantify it as well. So yeah, I most certainly did provide an idea of my own. You’re welcome. But I get it; it’s hard to further the argument of Reaves making opponents “earn” it when he is only playing 10 minutes a night against 4th line opponents who would have a tough time “earning” it, regardless.

Just now, K-9 said:

The only “idea” you floated in our exchange was that I don’t want toughness on my team. I not only answered that “idea” I took the time to quantify it as well. So yeah, I most certainly did provide an idea of my own. You’re welcome. But I get it; it’s hard to further the argument of Reaves making opponents “earn” it when he is only playing 10 minutes a night against 4th line opponents who would have a tough time “earning” it, regardless.

You didn't quantify anything you just said the same exact thing 3 posts in a row

Without providing a solution for adding "toughness"

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is that addressed to me or to Bill Guerin because my post, if you noticed, was based on his words as GM of the Wild. So I guess in your opinion he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. 

I kind of expected you'd jump in on this as it's your usual mantra but you're dead wrong on this point as usual. You can't seem to grasp that players like Dahlin would get a lot more time and space to do their thing and would be hassled a lot less with a few guys like Reaves on our roster. Would I rather have Marcus Foligno? Sure. But Reaves was available. Foligno is not. The comparison to Kyle is ridiculous. What is Kyle going to do if someone hassles Dahlin? Give the guy stern talking to? Come on man, wake up. 

Quoting for the next page to see 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. He’s making those opposing 4th liners earn it for every one of those 10 minutes of ice time he’s been getting a night. 😂

Rangers we’re over the moon to add him for toughness yet they let him go for a 5th rounder in 2025.

I want toughness that can play hockey, aka Marcus Foligno.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Refuting said:

You didn't quantify anything you just said the same exact thing 3 posts in a row

Without providing a solution for adding "toughness"

Quoting for the next page to see 

Clearly, the only solution is to sign Ryan Reaves and his 10 minutes of hell he dishes out to opposing fourth liners each night.😂

I don’t think we need a solution for adding toughness at the moment because that is not our most pressing need currently. But feel free to send KA a letter about it. 

We are done here. 

• Like (+1) 1

There’s mental toughness - unquestionably needed, haven’t seen anything to discount that in this group of players 

There’s physical toughness - unquestionably needed, the ability to endure the physical trauma attempting to be inflicted upon you from the other team. I don’t think the Sabres are a small, weak team so I’d imagine, provided the mental component from point 1, we’ll be ok on this front - but I hesitate to make any kind of judgment without seeing these guys go through the grind of a playoff series where the game literally changes physically. I worry about Krebs getting demolished because he’s tiny out there on his skates but he’s got a tattoo of himself, so, I’d imagine he pulls himself off the mat pretty willingly.

Then there’s the other type of toughness people talk about, that I find is most analogously used under the term - the ability to physically intimidate your opponent / inflict physical stress upon them. Considering you can wear a team down with your speed and tenacity, I find this aspect if toughness to be the least important. But I’m biased. But, come playoffs, again: the game changes. I’m open to the idea we may need a guy or two who can bruise the other team over the course of a playoff series. A Lyubushkin type player, except good at hockey

A Tom Wilson can get you over that edge.

But I saw enough of the Penguins back to back cups to see you can also run your opponent into the ground with 4 skating lines 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Clearly, the only solution is to sign Ryan Reaves and his 10 minutes of hell he dishes out to opposing fourth liners each night.😂

I don’t think we need a solution for adding toughness at the moment because that is not our most pressing need currently. But feel free to send KA a letter about it. 

We are done here. 

No one said that lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A Tom Wilson can get you over that edge.

But I saw enough of the Penguins back to back cups to see you can also run your opponent into the ground with 4 skating lines 

I think we are still seeing that among the better teams in the league. It’s just so hard to play against teams rolling four lines that are all tenacious on the puck. 

42 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is that addressed to me or to Bill Guerin because my post, if you noticed, was based on his words as GM of the Wild. So I guess in your opinion he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. 

I kind of expected you'd jump in on this as it's your usual mantra but you're dead wrong on this point as usual. You can't seem to grasp that players like Dahlin would get a lot more time and space to do their thing and would be hassled a lot less with a few guys like Reaves on our roster. Would I rather have Marcus Foligno? Sure. But Reaves was available. Foligno is not. The comparison to Kyle is ridiculous. What is Kyle going to do if someone hassles Dahlin? Give the guy stern talking to? Come on man, wake up. 

Dahlin can take care of himself. I don't need to waste a roster spot on John Scott. 

Kyle is the 4th line rw, reeves is a 4th line rw. It's breathtaking how dense you'll act at times. 

What's reeves going to do when he only plays 10 min a night at gets caved in? Threaten to fight some one? 1990 called and they want their takes back. 

Just now, Refuting said:

They're both opposed 

Lol

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin can take care of himself. I don't need to waste a roster spot on John Scott. 

Kyle is the 4th line rw, reeves is a 4th line rw. It's breathtaking how dense you'll act at times. 

What's reeves going to do when he only plays 10 min a night at gets caved in? Threaten to fight some one? 1990 called and they want their takes back. 

Lol

Come on, now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.