What do you want to see from the Sabres in last 37 games?

Crusader1969

For me 

1) play at least a 1.2 points per game pace.  If they play at that level next year , it makes them at worst a playoff contender 

2) more games for Quinn, JJ and Krebs

3) UPL returning and playing well

4) sign Power

5) sign Johnson

6)improved health for Mitts 

7) skinner 30 goals plus 

8-  improved offence from Cozens 

9) confidence from Dahlin. Both ends of the ice 

10) becoming a thorn in the side of the top teams in their division 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 2

-I'm not sure it can happen, but I'd like to see a move for a young, NHL ready player (maybe a 22-24 year old D-man) that can be on this team going forward.

-Win some games and be competitive, but get a top 5-6 pick. This is the LAST year I want to be thinking about high draft picks though.

-No long-term injuries that carry over to next season

-I want to see goals. I'd rather this team lose 6-4 than to lose 2-1.  Win 5-4 rather than 2-0.  Yes, I know everyone wants to see better goaltending and the D tighten up, but for me not at the expense of goals.

-Make sure the young guys (including Krebs and Quinn) get to take part in a playoff run in Rochester.

-Sign your prospects that are coming out of college (Levi, Portillo, Power, etc)

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see them go on a 37-0 rampage.

what I kind of expect to see:

More losing.

Games where they go down 3-0 in the first period. And never recover.

More injuries.

More emotional (and sometimes illogical) complaints about [enter any and all players here]. “He sucks” etc. which is different than “he sucks this game”.

At least 3 to as many as 5 players moved before the trading deadline.

Amerks to go deep in the playoffs.

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

-Make sure the young guys (including Krebs and Quinn) get to take part in a playoff run in Rochester

Agree 100%… As many as we can have on their roster… 

21 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

For me 

1) play at least a 1.2 points per game pace.  If they play at that level next year , it makes them at worst a playoff contender 

2) more games for Quinn, JJ and Krebs

3) UPL returning and playing well

4) sign Power

5) sign Johnson

6)improved health for Mitts 

7) skinner 30 goals plus 

8-  improved offence from Cozens 

9) confidence from Dahlin. Both ends of the ice 

10) becoming a thorn in the side of the top teams in their division 

Good list.  

Just seeing them not quit, not tank, and compete every night would be nice. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

Arizona coyotes to move to Quebec city 

Rob Ray to take English lessons 

RJ to undergo serious stem cell therapy and return to younger form

The incarnate of Chris Pronger to sign with the team

And, last but not least, this team to totally not suck.... I am not holding my breath on this one

I don't care.  This season is about next season.  Next season I want to see them bucking for a playoff spot, ahead of (at the very least) the Red Wings, Sens and Habs (the other rebuilding teams in the division) and preferably ahead of Boston or TO.

Next season I want to see the young talent putting JAGs on unemployment and for good reasons.  I want to see goaltending.  Whether it's acquired or home grown, I want to see two quality goalkeepers on the roster at all times.

And next season I want to see how Shane Wright looks in the Blue and Gold.  😉

The details of how we get there don't concern me.  I'm not a hockey professional.  I just want to see it happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just make sure the kids get a playoff run in Rochester and the Sabres develop some chemistry with folks getting health. 
What I really want to see in the second half is Mitts solidify himself as a threat to score at the NHL level. The end of last season he showed it and I’m hoping he is able to get healthy and show it again. 
My second goal is goaltender stability.

Third goal is sign Power and one of the NCAA goalies. 

Everyone who is eligible for the Amerks gets to play there for a long, productive, but challenging playoff run.  While they do that, they develop confidence and chemistry with each other so that they can have a positive outlook with the Sabres and Amerks next year.

Meanwhile, I want the JAGs who know they are on their way out to play with pride for their next contract here and keep the team attitude positive.

I want out of goaltending gaol, erm, jail.  UPL, Levi, Portillo, and, if possible, Subban give us good reason to expect that they can handle the load in goal next year.  I would like at least two of them to show that they can handle at least 45 games with the Sabres and all 4 of them nailing down Buffalo and Rochester.  (I can dream, can't I?)

I would like to see a move for a youngish RHD who can be a dull, effective partner for Dahlin long-term while we give Power another dull, effective, veteran partner (e.g., someone like Pysyk).

A team with normal health issues and injuries; in particular, no more long-term, severe injuries.  I would like a stretch of games with a comparatively healthy line-up so that we can see what we still need to improve upon.

Some wins would be nice.  But being competitive and gritty game-in and game-out is a reasonable goal.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Our top prospects helping Rochester achieve playoff success

2. Signing all of our NCAA prospects

3. Seeing Mittelstadt back in the lineup and showing signs of growth and improvement to set the stage for next season

4. Seeing more from Asplund, Olofsson and Bjork.....they have underperformed in my opinion

5. Maximizing the return for our UFA's at the deadline

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.