Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’m guessing in terms of season tix holders she’s probably correct.

Maybe not: partial seasons between the same people but with different people handling different accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm just going to point out that everyone was denying E****l had demanded out until the man himself went public with it. This statement is completely worthless because teams deny things that end up being true all the time.

• Like (+1) 2

"No. None of them are for sale," Raccuia said on the front lawn of The Breakers hotel. "None of them are for sale, none will be. There's no plans at all for that."

According to Forbes' annual valuation of NHL teams, the Sabres are ranked No. 29 with a valuation of $500 million. The Pegulas purchased the team for $165 million in 2011. 

I am not going to go down the road of a minority ownership group for as long as Terry is alive. He doesn’t need the cash. If the team was in dire straights, he could simply collateralize the team with a line of credit with this equity. 

So I guess this speculation is all tied to front office reshuffling at the end of the season?

• Thanks (+1) 2

On 3/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

The rumors of a sale were pretty hot and heavy for about a month. But, it was only now that they came out and denied them. Why the long wait? My guess is they were exploring sales, maybe even part of the stadium negotiations, but now have back away from them. 

38 minutes ago, kas23 said:

The rumors of a sale were pretty hot and heavy for about a month. But, it was only now that they came out and denied them. Why the long wait? My guess is they were exploring sales, maybe even part of the stadium negotiations, but now have back away from them. 

Probably don't need the 250mil anymore between the deal they got on the stadium and energy price increases. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

Or....the rumors were mostly BS, or one-sided. (Someone leaks they are inquiring about the Sabres but the team says no.) As to why not refute the rumors sooner, why give a rumor the respect of a response?

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or....the rumors were mostly BS, or one-sided. (Someone leaks they are inquiring about the Sabres but the team says no.) As to why not refute the rumors sooner, why give a rumor the respect of a response?

Couldn't agree more. 

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If the Sabres aren’t being sold and the coach and GM are staying?  What major “changes” are coming?  Toilet seats in the bathrooms ?  20% increase in ticket prices?  The broadcast team will travel with the team again? A return to video only scouting? 

It could be new titles for the brass:  Kevyn to President of Hockey Operations, Karmanos to GM, something like that.

I think we're just starting to see the result of Kevyn's strategic plan; I'd hate for that to get disrupted at this point.  After 2 failed GMs it finally feels like we have a GM who both understands what a good team looks like, and can methodically take the steps to turn that into reality.  I also like that Kevyn communicates up and down the chain.  His upward communication seems to be stifling the "meddling" of ownership, while the downward communication ensures that his coach is getting the players (or types of players) to execute the kind of game plan he wants to.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

"No. None of them are for sale," Raccuia said on the front lawn of The Breakers hotel. "None of them are for sale, none will be. There's no plans at all for that."

According to Forbes' annual valuation of NHL teams, the Sabres are ranked No. 29 with a valuation of $500 million. The Pegulas purchased the team for $165 million in 2011. 

I am not going to go down the road of a minority ownership group for as long as Terry is alive. He doesn’t need the cash. If the team was in dire straights, he could simply collateralize the team with a line of credit with this equity. 

So I guess this speculation is all tied to front office reshuffling at the end of the season?

I am pretty sure the NHL does not allow an owner to pledge an ownership interest in the team to a lender as collateral.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If the Sabres aren’t being sold and the coach and GM are staying?  What major “changes” are coming?  Toilet seats in the bathrooms ?  20% increase in ticket prices?  The broadcast team will travel with the team again? A return to video only scouting?  

There could be ... Nothing.

Ever since Andrew Peters got the scoop on the Eichel trade, because he knows the Tuch family, he's been getting carried away with his insider takes. He's constantly saying he's hearing this or that on his podcast, and nothing comes of it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Since the Peters announcement that started this thread my intuition tells me that Kim will be stepping down as the president of the Sabres so she can be more focused on the Bills because those are two distinct full-time jobs. I'd expect someone internal in the Sabres front office to replace her.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.