Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There could be ... Nothing.

Ever since Andrew Peters got the scoop on the Eichel trade, because he knows the Tuch family, he's been getting carried away with his insider takes. He's constantly saying he's hearing this or that on his podcast, and nothing comes of it.

Could be, although I wouldn’t say that he is constantly making incorrect predictions though.  Do you have other examples?

If you look at what he actually said:

“a good friend told him to expect major changes...”

That’s far from a guarantee of anything.

Also the podcast, After the Whistle, is great.  Only thing that I don’t like about it is they have Roenick on pretty often and I think he is often annoying.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Could be, although I wouldn’t say that he is constantly making incorrect predictions though.  Do you have other examples?

Also the podcast, After the Whistle, is great.  Only thing that I don’t like about it is they have Roenick on pretty often and I think he is often annoying.

Roenick reveals what a dirtbag he is. Basically admits he was watching football scores on the arena scoreboard during a game while playing for the Flyers because of bets he made. Bobby Clarke had to call him out on it. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Sometimes.  Sometimes it's unlistenable.  It depends on the topic and the guest.

58 minutes ago, Curt said:

Lol, occasionally Peters and Rivet drift into the weeds discussing something stupid when they don’t have a guest.

Roenick really has a bug up his rear for "liberals."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Roenick really reveals what a dirtbag he is. Basically admits he was watching football scores on the arena scoreboard during a game while playing for the Flyers because of bets he made. Bobby Clarke had to call him out on it. 

As much as I dislike the guy's views and half-baked hot takes, the guy is an open book and knows how to have a good time.  I'd definitely hang with the guy and do some day drinking.  He seems like he can take it as well as he can give it, and that's what I appreciates about him.

valentine valentine’s day GIF by Crave

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Roenick really reveals what a dirtbag he is. Basically admits he was watching football scores on the arena scoreboard during a game while playing for the Flyers because of bets he made. Bobby Clarke had to call him out on it. 

9 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

As much as I dislike the guy's views and half-baked hot takes, the guy is an open book and knows how to have a good time.  I'd definitely hang with the guy and do some day drinking.  He seems like he can take it as well as he can give it, and that's what I appreciates about him.

valentine valentine’s day GIF by Crave

Roenick is annoying sometimes but he really has great stories.  A window into an airhead’s journey through the NHL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Curt said:

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Roenick reveals what a dirtbag he is. Basically admits he was watching football scores on the arena scoreboard during a game while playing for the Flyers because of bets he made. Bobby Clarke had to call him out on it. 

Roenick is still steamed for losing his job, and, like many in similar situations, has doubled down on blaming others.

• Like (+1) 3

Roenick is dumber than a bag of hammers, but some of his stories are entertaining.  

Currently listening to today's episode, they have Marty Wilford on, and Donny Meatballs dropped in for a second.  Interesting that Rivet and Peters are getting access, all things considered.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Roenick is dumber than a bag of hammers, but some of his stories are entertaining.  

Currently listening to today's episode, they have Marty Wilford on, and Donny Meatballs dropped in for a second.  Interesting that Rivet and Peters are getting access, all things considered.

Just finished listening. How cool is it Donnie just drops in? Have you ever heard a head coach be that loosey-goosey with the media? No wonder the Sabres locker room is so great now. DG is the embodiment of chill.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Probably don't need the 250mil anymore between the deal they got on the stadium and energy price increases. 

One possibility is money for renovations to Key Bank Center, it needs updating and I doubt that NYS/Erie County is going to be willing to pay for another stadium upgrade in WNY. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just finished listening. How cool is it Donnie just drops in? Have you ever heard a head coach be that loosey-goosey with the media? No wonder the Sabres locker room is so great now. DG is the embodiment of chill.

Agree.  That drop in was great, as was the whole interview with the Sabres’ defense coach Marty Wilford.

36 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I would be shocked if an NHL team didn’t have a working line of credit collateralized by the organization. But I don’t know that.   

A line of credit, sure, but I don’t think the NHL allows a situation in which a lender could become an owner if the loan goes into default.  

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Why would a lender have such a large unsecured loan? 

Most lenders wouldn't, although some would make unsecured loans at higher interest rates based on the team's cash flow.

My understanding, having seen some internal NHL documents, is that the league is pretty focused and has pretty strict rules regarding debt that the teams can take on.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Sorry to drag up a dated thread, but I’ve had a few Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPAs and I’m a posting fool right now.  🤷

Where’s the news? The draft is six weeks from today.
Peters broke a couple things including the Eichel trade, but this seems to be aging like milk.  

It’s possible he meant the end of the NHL year, which still has some time left, but no news of late might indicate this was a nothing-burger.

12 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Sorry to drag up a dated thread, but I’ve had a few Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPAs and I’m a posting fool right now.  🤷

Where’s the news? The draft is six weeks from today.
Peters broke a couple things including the Eichel trade, but this seems to be aging like milk.  

He was feeling his oats when he nailed the Eichel trade. So he's been trying be "Scoop Peters" ever since, and whiffing every time. Then again if anything happens: a scout gets hired, a new title for someone, etc, he'll take the credit.

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Peters is a dope.  If not for this, he would be working his way up the Sabres broadcasting food chain.  

I don't know about Rivet but Peters strikes me as a guy you can't tell what to do. His podcast has some tremendous episodes, followed up with a self-gratuitous clunker. His episodes with JR have become unlistenable. (Roenick is another free spirit still bitter that he got let go from NBC.) After the Whistle would benefit from a professional guiding hand, but I don't think Peters wants to be reigned in. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.