4th Period: Buffalo looking for NHL-ready player + for Sam Reinhart

Buffalonill

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm thinking it will be  Turcotte, 8th

That tweet is more or less worthless.

Pretty much everybody here expects that to be Adams ask for him.  What player & pick he actually turns into is the $64k question.

• Like (+1) 6

• nfreeman changed the title to 4th Period: Buffalo looking for NHL-ready player + for Sam Reinhart
24 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

If the Sabres get Turcotte and the 8th overall for Sam Reinhart, Ill do a rain dance here in Southern California and it WILL rain

Based on what I heard about the weather in SoCal, that would cause you to be appointed a weather God.

Given the low bar that hockey media people have to clear to publish something about rumours, I think I should have majored in sports journalism.  Making rumours like this has got to be the easiest paying gig out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

We really need to get to the point where actual player moves are happening. 

These boards had some members going at each other pretty hard in conversations that started with who they would protect and got way off topic.  We just need some actual player  moves so we can discuss lineups, analytics of the players involved....etc.  Right now so little has gone on that we are just grasping at anything that is simply a topic to discuss, no matter how crazy it is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Given the low bar that hockey media people have to clear to publish something about rumours, I think I should have majored in sports journalism.  Making rumours like this has got to be the easiest paying gig out there.

And following Twitter users like that … even easier. But, in the land of “I gotta be the first one to spread the news”, this happens all too often.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

These boards had some members going at each other pretty hard in conversations that started with who they would protect and got way off topic.  We just need some actual player  moves so we can discuss lineups, analytics of the players involved....etc.  Right now so little has gone on that we are just grasping at anything that is simply a topic to discuss, no matter how crazy it is.

Not that I disagree, but there has been surprisingly few concrete rumours and discussions about what a Reinhart return might be, considering that it will one of the more important moves this team has made since The selloff for the tank.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Get people excited 

His pops is the type of guy you would like to sit next to in the neighborhood tavern and share some brews with. 

From the clip it Alex comes off as a mature kid beyond his years who also has a passion for the game. 

Wouldn't it be exciting to come away with Turcotte and Zegras as pieces from a Jack and Samson trade? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

His pops is the type of guy you would like to sit next to in the neighborhood tavern and share some brews with. 

From the clip it Alex comes off as a mature kid beyond his years who also has a passion for the game. 

Wouldn't it be exciting to come away with Turcotte and Zegras as pieces from a Jack and Samson trade? 

Not really, we are losing the better player.   But its the least we should get back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Not really, we are losing the better player.   But its the least we should get back.

It's understood by all parties involved in the trades that when Jack and Samson get dealt we are losing the better players. That doesn't mean that the returns in the long run won't make the roster better. If I had my preference I would want to keep both of our players. But that isn't going to happen. So you adjust to the situation as best you can. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Based on what I heard about the weather in SoCal, that would cause you to be appointed a weather God.

It actually rained two nights ago here.   Strange for mid-July.    And I had my car washed just the day before too so yeah.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree......I have given up on the useless speculation. I can wait to see what happens.....

Of course there will be someone who will be like...."See, I told you that was gonna happen".....If you are that person... good for you... 

1 hour ago, KC Scouts said:

I agree......I have given up on the useless speculation. I can wait to see what happens.....

Of course there will be someone who will be like...."See, I told you that was gonna happen".....If you are that person... good for you... 

I think at this point somebody has mentioned just about every possibility so in that sense somebody'\s going to be right. 

If ALL of this isn't resolved by the end of the draft, it's going to be a long long off season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

We need to get the "core" players that have been here and gone through all the losing out of here.  Regardless of how good they are.  They are jaded and are not going to ever be able to get past that to be successful here.  That's just how it is.  In any organization, the players who have only lost year after year after year just need to be shipped out.  They are lost, their mental ability to get past that is gone.  They are beat down, and only think negatively about their time here and as soon as something goes bad, they think "here we go again".  It kills their drive, their motivation, and we need to get rid of them before they poison the rest of the young team with their mindset.  

In essence, we need to move Eichel, Reinhart and Risto to save Dahlin, Cozens and the other young players that will form the backbone of this team as the "new core".

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

We might send the best player out in these deals (though I don't think it's ridiculous to think one or both of Zegras/Turcotte could become better than at least Samson) but if we get two top six players who are young and a handful of other useful pieces then we come out of it in a good place.

• Like (+1) 2