2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Welp, I'll take my L on that one. I'm stunned 😂

Yeah, he glided the last 20', after he'd spent 120'+ getting up to max speed.  The glide didn't mitigate the momentum he already had.

Was absolutely livid when Gilmour blew up Varada in '01 after running from the boards near the penalty box to the benches with only 2 minutes & no supplemental discipline.  Was the wrong call then.  Cool that they got it right this time.  God only knows if they'll get it right again the next time.

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

McAvoy sure has become the complete package hasn't he? That guy is dominant. Oh man, that draft still bugs me so bad. He was the guy I wanted. Bruins definitely have their star D man that they always seem to have. 

I remember liking McAvoy a ton before that draft and thinking the Sabres were picking too high for him, but I would be happy if they “reached.”

Only other guy I recall feeling that way about pre-draft was Quinn. 
Hope I am just as right.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

McAvoy sure has become the complete package hasn't he? That guy is dominant. Oh man, that draft still bugs me so bad. He was the guy I wanted. Bruins definitely have their star D man that they always seem to have. 

I'd remind ppl McAvoy is 3 years Dahlin's senior. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd remind ppl McAvoy is 3 years Dahlin's senior. 

I think it's only 2. But yes, he is fully formed now so to speak. Dahlin can still get better, but at this point I'd say it's unlikely he turns out to be more complete than McAvoy. Better offensively possibly, but his D game has a long way to go and McAvoy is strong too. Much better all around. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

In other news, my retirement starts tomorrow.  Today was the final day.  I processed out and returned my badge, laptop, iPhone and credit card this afternoon after 39 years and 10 months.  I performed that last day service to many others.  

The real Punch could only dream of the longevity and autonomy I had.  What fun.  I am pleased with my career.  

I guess I’m starting the 3rd period?   Looking forward to it.  

Tip that hat back and enjoy. I feel bad for Dodo.

• Thanks (+1) 2

After getting suspended for the fraction of a second late hit on Evans, Schiefele not only has to suffer a four game suspension, but his parents and family are now being bullied. Brutal! Dale Hawerchuk mentored this guy. He's a great player. He's no goon and this is first offense. I think he just missed the timing of the hit and it was unintentional. He should have been suspended maybe two games tops.  https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/04/mark-scheifele-family-harassed-cheap-shot-hit-jake-evans-nhl-winnipeg-jets/

On the other hand, wishing all the best to Evans for a speedy recovery. I've had six concussions. It's not fun.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kong said:

I think he just missed the timing of the hit and it was unintentional.

If you watched the way he played most of the third period, you would not be of this opinion.  He was unhinged.

None of it justifies dragging his family into it, though.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Pimlach said:

In other news, my retirement starts tomorrow.  Today was the final day.  I processed out and returned my badge, laptop, iPhone and credit card this afternoon after 39 years and 10 months.  I performed that last day service to many others.  

The real Punch could only dream of the longevity and autonomy I had.  What fun.  I am pleased with my career.  

Congratulations on the Retirement! I wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement. The newly retired are often the happiest people you meet. Enjoy...🍺

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Congrats Punch.  39 years with one company?  If so that is quite the accomplishment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Congrats Punch.  39 years with one company?  If so that is quite the accomplishment. 

Yup.  One company, but they merged with another about half way through so there was a big culture change.   I’m 2 months short of 40 years but decided I wanted the spring and summer now, not later. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yup.  One company, but they merged with another about half way through so there was a big culture change.   I’m 2 months short of 40 years but decided I wanted the spring and summer now, not later. 

Good for you. I put in almost 35 all in one place before retiring.  Welcome to the club!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, Pimlach said:

How about throwing your hat into the Sabres coaching ring? I'm sure you could do a lot better than half the guys they've hired in the past and who they seem to be looking at now. Help us all!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vegas play some of the best playoff hockey I've ever seen honestly. They don't always bring it, but when they're clicking it's hard to comprehend how the puck can stay on their sticks with all the stuff they do 

Certainly they are very entertaining.

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Quitter. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.