2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Davis seems to be the guy that's get free downfield.  Partly his ability/speed, partly the coverage assigned to him.

Having Diggs, Beasley, McKenzie, Sanders there helps him of course but he gets separation and makes tough catches.

Not all of them but nobody does. 

I think he would still get open and make plays in a traditional 2 or 3 wr set. I'm excited for his future. 

• Like (+1) 1

Frasier does need to go. What, are they going to go into a 3rd year in a row with no changes after the worst 13 seconds in coaching history. They will lose the entire lockerroom if changes are not made. The Bills will be in the playoffs as long as Allen is QB, but they will never win the Super Bowl with this coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You are entitled to your opinion. 

Lol I am aware of that

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

No Fraser needs to go. The top defence in the league doesn’t give up 550+ yards in a playoff game and let a team go down the field in 13 seconds.

McD is responsible for the touchback but I’d be praying Fraser gets hired elsewhere. His defences always choke in big moments. His prevent D in big moments always gets torched.

It was a huge error, sure. Judging him on a series when 99% of the rest of the time he's consistently given us the best defense in the NFL is overly harsh IMO

14 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Frasier does need to go. What, are they going to go into a 3rd year in a row with no changes after the worst 13 seconds in coaching history. They will lose the entire lockerroom if changes are not made. The Bills will be in the playoffs as long as Allen is QB, but they will never win the Super Bowl with this coaching staff.

Yeah, that's generally how you have success, continuity. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah, that's generally how you have success, continuity. 

I think you and I may be the only ones thinking that the coaching staff has shown enough that they are capable of leading this group of players to a Superbowl.

It really was a hell of a season.  I think they are stupid close to winning it all.

In the end it won’t matter.  We are losing at least one coordinator to a HC position.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 5

The Bills lack elite talent on defense.  They depend on scheme.  They have been normally very disciplined and in the right positions.  They were the best team against the pass in the past 10 years.  That is not an accident. But last night we had nobody special to simply make one play. Especially on the D-line or LB corps. We need elite talent up front somewhere. Big whiff not getting Von Miller when he was available. And the other problem is the Chiefs have Andy Reid with warp speed at the WR position. He is the best of the best. I have no idea on how to close this gap other than Allen has to put up 45 to beat the Chiefs.

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Bills lack elite talent on defense.  They depend on scheme.  They have been normally very disciplined and in the right positions.  They were the best team against the pass in the past 10 years.  That is not an accident. But last night we had nobody special to simply make one play. Especially on the D-line or LB corps. We need elite talent up front somewhere. Big whiff not getting Von Miller when he was available. And the other problem is the Chiefs have Andy Reid with warp speed at the WR position. He is the best of the best. I have no idea on how to close this gap other than Allen has to put up 45 to beat the Chiefs.

Rousseau panning out would be huge. Missing Tre White last night certainly didn't help.

13 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Don't lose to Jacksonville and play the Chiefs in Buffalo.    If Mahomes is on his game and at home, there's nothing you can really do except hope they make a mistake.    In Buffalo you'd at least have crowd noise, weather, etc... to make things more difficult.        

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Don't lose to Jacksonville and play the Chiefs in Buffalo.    If Mahomes is on his game and at home, there's nothing you can really do except hope they make a mistake.    In Buffalo you'd at least have crowd noise, weather, etc... to make things more difficult.        

The way the rules are now, a QB like Allen or Mahomes are going to make even great defenses look flawed if they are on their game.  Maybe crowd noise or weather changes that.  In Buffalo’s case, it is a good reason to want that game here.

That might have been the only difference between those two teams last night.  Home field.

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

The way the rules are now, a QB like Allen or Mahomes are going to make even great defenses look flawed if they are on their game.  Maybe crowd noise or weather changes that.  In Buffalo’s case, it is a good reason to want that game here.

That might have been the only difference between those two teams last night.  Home field.

Not blaming the loss on the coin flip, but THAT was the only difference between these 2 teams.

These teams were dead even through 15 minutes, 30 minutes, & again at 60 minutes.

Give Allen another crack at it in OT & they're likely dead even through 75 minutes as well.  Neither QB was going to be stopped once it mattered.  Watching it "live" (well, actually about 30 minutes delayed to avoid the scourge of commercials) wondered if McDermott would go for 2 to force KC to go the full field in 13 seconds.  In hindsight ...

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think you and I may be the only ones thinking that the coaching staff has shown enough that they are capable of leading this group of players to a Superbowl.

It really was a hell of a season.  I think they are stupid close to winning it all.

In the end it won’t matter.  We are losing at least one coordinator to a HC position.

Not the only ones.

It would be insane IMHO to fire either of the coordinators, and the kind of ill-considered bozo move that Ralph Wilson or Russ Brandon would make. 

I think there is zero possibility that either of them is fired, although it seems reasonably likely that Daboll will get a HC job and somewhat possible that Frazier will (although that game probably hurt Frazier's chances).

I also think they'll learn from their mistakes last night and improve.

36 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yes.  There is no Aaron Donald or TJ Watt or similar game-changer on D. 

I will also note that it wasn't that long ago that Andy Reid had a reputation of being unable to win clutch games:  https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/291806/why-does-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-struggle-in-the-playoffs

21 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Yes to this too.  These teams are extremely close right now.  Every little bit can make the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not blaming the loss on the coin flip, but THAT was the only difference between these 2 teams.

I'm not 100% sure why, but the whole coin flip/overtime rule didn't bother me much last night.  I think it was because of just how upset I was about the '13 seconds' and cant hold it.  To me the OT rules might be a matter of random chance, but YOU failed yourself by not holding that lead for 13 seconds.

If I'm going to be upset more about a rule or officiating, its the lack of stuff against KC.  I know, I know, you can call or not call stuff on every play, but if you go back and look at all those Mahomes Scrambles in the 1st half where they Bills got close to him but let him get away, there was holding that I saw on just about every single one of them.  Of course it is going to be near impossible to bring down someone like Mahomes when as you chase him and try to tackle him you are getting pulled/tugged/held.  Even that though.....everything else combined doesn't get me past not holding that lead for 13 seconds.

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not 100% sure why, but the whole coin flip/overtime rule didn't bother me much last night.  I think it was because of just how upset I was about the '13 seconds' and cant hold it.  To me the OT rules might be a matter of random chance, but YOU failed yourself by not holding that lead for 13 seconds.

If I'm going to be upset more about a rule or officiating, its the lack of stuff against KC.  I know, I know, you can call or not call stuff on every play, but if you go back and look at all those Mahomes Scrambles in the 1st half where they Bills got close to him but let him get away, there was holding that I saw on just about every single one of them.  Of course it is going to be near impossible to bring down someone like Mahomes when as you chase him and try to tackle him you are getting pulled/tugged/held.  Even that though.....everything else combined doesn't get me past not holding that lead for 13 seconds.

Personally, am shocked that yours truly ISN'T ticked about the game, the coinflip, nor the reffing.  The refs let both sides play.  They did give KC 1 extra kick at the can in the red zone that MIGHT have been the difference, but probably not.  Was actually glad the refs let them play and the game wasn't reffed by Boger, Hocculi's kid, or any of the other over officious jerks that populate this league's officiating crews.

It was an INCREDIBLE game in which the 2 best QBs in the league (yes, even better than the ancient guys in the other conference at this point or Lamar, Justin, Joe, or Tua (snicker) in the Junior Conference) refused to let their team lose.  They both made 2 very good (though not great) D's look like UB's D.

Disappointed in the result? Absolutely.  Mad?  Not a chance.  It was too good of a show & the Bills will be back.  They'll all have chips on their shoulders.  2022 could be a really special season.  Can't wait.

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' auto correct.
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

These teams were dead even through 15 minutes, 30 minutes, & again at 60 minutes.

Give Allen another crack at it in OT & they're likely dead even through 75 minutes as well.  Neither QB was going to be stopped once it mattered.  Watching it "live" (well, actually about 30 minutes delayed to avoid the scourge of commercials) wondered if McDermott would go for 2 to force KC to go the full field in 13 seconds.  In hindsight ...

I thought going for the 1 extra point was a moment of doubt in his team.  After so many “go for its” on 4th down, I was surprised he played it safe.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Lol I am aware of that

It was a huge error, sure. Judging him on a series when 99% of the rest of the time he's consistently given us the best defense in the NFL is overly harsh IMO

Look at the QB’s the Bills have faced this season, and then look no further.  This defense was nothing more than a paper tiger. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I find noting less appealing about sports than the coulda, shoulda, woulda nonsense that is spewed after every loss.  

"It alll --- fault! File his incompetent ass!" after a game that close and filled with competitive drama and athletic brilliance is baffling to me.

the last time i felt like that was game 7 vs Hurricanes.  leading 2-1 going into the 3rd. Just knowing if they can hold on there would be a clear path (edmonton) to a Stanley Cup.

Still gutted today, especially for Josh. What more could the kid do? has to be disappointing to know the Defensive coaches crumbled at the worst time

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

the last time i felt like that was game 7 vs Hurricanes.  leading 2-1 going into the 3rd. Just knowing if they can hold on there would be a clear path (edmonton) to a Stanley Cup.

Still gutted today, especially for Josh. What more could the kid do? has to be disappointing to know the Defensive coaches crumbled at the worst time

If I were the head coach i would have suggested a high soft kickoff to around the 10. Where was McD in that situation?? Was he just in a daze--assuming that Frazier would not make a stupid stupid decision?

that is the elephant in the room..

I like McD as a great motivator and a guy who gives it all. He really needs to wise up though.Improve with clock mgmt and oversight of the coordinators.

24 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

In addition to the EZONE kickoff you run the extreme preevent D vs one of the the best QBs(brady,rodgers,josh,burrow) in a situation where u only need a FG.

So it was many mistakes condensed into a small amt of time.

Daboll has His Second Interview with the Giants today or tomorrow. 

Allen hinted in an interview today that Ken Dorsey is His Preference as replacement OC

IIRC During the WC Card at Houston, Allen’s First Playoff Game, the Bills Defense had Houston in a 3 and 17; during the final drive, the Bills deployed a similar defense and Houston got the First Down.

Mahomes, Kelce and Hill exerted Their Will against the Bills Defense yesterday, but as Joe Buscaglia of the Athletic put, the Final 13 Second Defense was set up as if The Chiefs had no timeouts and the Bills were leading by more than three. 
Doing that on two consecutive plays is concerning. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.