2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What has he done wrong?

Nothing.  He's led the Bills to four playoff appearances in five seasons.  Daboll is probably on his way to the Giants or elsewhere.  A new offensive signal caller would be a step in the right direction, I think.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Nothing.  He's led the Bills to four playoff appearances in five seasons.  Daboll is probably on his way to the Giants or elsewhere.  A new offensive signal caller would be a step in the right direction, I think.

I agree. McDermott is a good leader and motivator. Now he has to learn to get rid of stupid O and D coordinators. That was the most amateurish handling of the last few seconds of reg time i have ever seen

Just now, carpandean said:

Looking at who's left, are the Chiefs the favorites to win it all now?

I think the chiefs will get beat by either LA or SF....unless garafalo does some stupid stuff

10 minutes ago, carpandean said:

There were mistakes, no doubt, but we were leading with 13 seconds left.  Some bad coaching calls in that last 13 seconds cost them the lead.  Then, the NFL's OT rules meant that a coin flipped determined that their unstoppable offense faced our gassed defense, instead of the other way around.

Yeah, but, gassed or not, the defense has to make a stop there.  They were outgunned tonight.  Plus, Frazier's play calling didn't do them any favors at certain points.

I don't like the current overtime format, either.  For an epic game like that to be indirectly decided by a coin flip makes no sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Any time anyone criticizes Josh Allen and blames him for a loss, well,…. I don’t know what to tell you.

We needed our D to make 1 play.

One.

Let the record reflect that I agree with swamp on a Bills loss.

Josh has become one with the matrix. And the D (and the offensive line) got worked.

I also agree with @Dreams Burn Down that lousy play-calling cost them a critical few possessions and, on a night when Mahomes and KC were in the zone, that was the biggest factor.

What an incredible game.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Let the record reflect that I agree with swamp on a Bills loss.

Josh has become one with the matrix. And the D (and the offensive line) got worked.

I also agree with @Dreams Burn Down that lousy play-calling cost them a critical few possessions and, on a night when Mahomes and KC were in the zone, that was the biggest factor.

What an incredible game.  

It was a truly remarkable game.  All of the lead changes at the end of regulation were simply incredible.  That was some real football that we witnessed tonight.

• Like (+1) 4

What a ####ing football game.

The 2 best teams in the league went head to head and needed extra time to separate them.

IMHO, the one play McDermott should've handled differently was the 4th & a 1/2 yard at his own 34.  Allen & the O have been pretty much automatic on 4th down since the 2nd 1/2 in Tampa.  Go for it.  They only gained 15 yards on the punt; Mahomes is too good to worry about a few extra yards.  He can drive it the whole field.  So can Allen.

Darn coin flip.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Dumb question, and I know I could look it up, but does going to OT mean the spread (for betting purposes) was 0, or does the overtime outcome mean it was +6 for KC?

Spread was 6.

12 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Looking at who's left, are the Chiefs the favorites to win it all now?

Ab - so - friggin - lute - ly.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Disappointed, not surprised.  The #1 defense has to be able to produce more stops than they did tonight.

Yep. The Bills have a good defense. Level B. We pad the stats on lousy opponents but we cant make any bigtime stops.

Frazier is a pretty good d coordinator. But tonite was in excusable in that lasy 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

It's how I deal -- how do we get better?  It keeps me from getting depressed and channels my irritation at parts of the game into something constructive.

OK...We need more beef on the d line.  We need to not get rid of beasely(our WRs are excellent--and deep).We need better coaching.Daboll is like mad Mike Martz in one way and like Mr Rogers the next series. Coach Frazier doesnt have a ton of talent to work with--and generally does a decent job...But it wouldnt hurt to have a solid d coordinator who doesnt run a prevent d  w 13 sec left. Thats a choke.Dont really trust the guy now.

OK...We need a real MLB. Our present guy is completely out of half the plays.

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What a ####ing football game.

The 2 best teams in the league went head to head and needed extra time to separate them.

IMHO, the one play McDermott should've handled differently was the 4th & a 1/2 yard at his own 34.  Allen & the O have been pretty much automatic on 4th down since the 2nd 1/2 in Tampa.  Go for it.  They only gained 15 yards on the punt; Mahomes is too good to worry about a few extra yards.  He can drive it the whole field.  So can Allen.

Darn coin flip.

*****in Josh!

Always pick heads. Everybody knows that!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.